• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
"Stop the violence," huh? Like gassing people so he can pander to his fundamentalist cult base?

Fucking moron.

JimNastics

Jan 11, 2018
Feels like a good time to post this

HTB1L3Gua6zuK1RjSspeq6ziHVXaf.jpg

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
goddamnit, just when i thought about finally getting more into Nirvana after hearing Come As You Are on the radio by chance and realizing how great of a song it actually is.

what a fucking dumb shit. defending Trump in 2020 in any way is a serious IQ test fail to me. you simply just fail at thinking.

Wate

May 22, 2019
Wow this is legitimately disappointing. I knew he had a skewed view on Trump after he tweeted something about avoiding a war with Russia when Trump won in 2016, but I put that down to just blind Clinton hate, as he used to speak out about them a lot back in the 90's. This is another level though.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Its really not that surprising. A lot of the conservative boomers who are supporting all sorts of abhorrent shit these days were flower power/counter culture hippies in the 60s and 70s.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Him and Billy Corrigan turning out to be complete chuds is super disappointing. Eddie Veddar is still sane right?

bigsnack

May 9, 2018
Los Angeles
Smells like teen spirit was plagiarized anyway.

The producer of Nevermind was working with Smashing Pumpkins the year before Nevermind came out, the same time they were performing this heavier cover of Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla. It's not a coincidence. People joked in the past it sounded a bit like the original song, but it's literally a carbon copy of the Smashing Pumpkins cover.

Krist has always been all over the map, cryptic, and oftentimes unintelligible. I wouldn't take much of what he says to heart one way or the other. Also, , Teen Spirit is not even close to a carbon copy of this cover. The tempo is close, and you have 3 notes of the chorus riff that are similar (but not the same). This is a massive reach IMO.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Just came in to post this.

Fuck Krist Novoselic. Makes me rethink all of the times Courtney Love talked shit about him, maybe she knew something everyone else didn't.

Also, fun fact: riot grrl icon Kathleen Hanna spray painted "Kurt Smells Like Teen Spirit" on his bedroom walls and that's how he got the title.
Yeah IIRC that was because of Kurt smelled like the deodorant Tobi Vail wore and he apparently didn't get it was a referring to it until later.
Gat damn. I almost forgot about that.

Ugh, I remember, don't remember how they got in with Christine Maggiore she and her band of idiots but thankfully they weren't nearly as successful as the anti-vax movement, the lack of social media helped there. She killed her daughter due to passing HIV to her with denying meds that could've suppressed it and breastfeeding and then never having her tested, Maggiore died in 2008, probably still convinced it wasn't real. 🙄

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
"Stop the violence," huh? Like gassing people so he can pander to his fundamentalist cult base?

Fucking moron.
But the stores I will never use! Like my Sister, he's more about just keeping the negative peace. He just wants his life to carry on the same way as it has before. Any disruptions to that and they lose their shit. They don't care about he issues, just that at some point they might want to visit that store.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
He has always had dodgy politics to say the least. Honestly I think he's just a big moron

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Saw Tom Morello live as he was support for Muse here in UK, was awesome and lots of political truth to power stuff, anti-fascist imagery ("Nazi Lives Don't Matter", "White Anxiety") with BLM deaths flashing on the screen during Rabbit's Revenge. Considering his background it's obvious but still awesome to see the soul of Rage Against The Machine live on.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
he's all over the map
yeah..people forget that Trump's campaign kind of spoke to some LIberal people due to their conspiracy theories. I mean. Roseanne Bar for instance.. she went of the rocker for Trump... years ago she would be considered very much hated by the right. Conspiracy nutters love Trump for some reason, as the extreme right has successfully appropriated it (not that we should feel bad about losing the AntiVax/ChemTrail/Anti Autism people... good riddance I say).

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Smells like teen spirit was plagiarized anyway.

The producer of Nevermind was working with Smashing Pumpkins the year before Nevermind came out, the same time they were performing this heavier cover of Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla. It's not a coincidence. People joked in the past it sounded a bit like the original song, but it's literally a carbon copy of the Smashing Pumpkins cover.

Completely OT but fuck me I've loved this cover so much ever since I stumbled upon it back in the early 00s fileshare wild west.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn.

If he hadn't opened his mouth, no one would've known how stupid and out of touch his opinion are.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would use the word ignorant.
But white privilege is the better fucking term.
Whoever doesn't understand what the protests mean or are about.. is so privileged they don't know what the fuck life as a person of color is. Not just in America, but the whole world. Whats happening across the world right now is all of us in solidarity of saying.. enough is enough.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no shit people want peace, but trump won't be the one to provide it. his whole schtick is aggression, retaliation, and animosity.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Saw Tom Morello live as he was support for Muse here in UK, was awesome and lots of political truth to power stuff, anti-fascist imagery ("Nazi Lives Don't Matter", "White Anxiety") with BLM deaths flashing on the screen during Rabbit's Revenge. Considering his background it's obvious but still awesome to see the soul of Rage Against The Machine live on.

This song still relevant too I would think.
youtu.be

Ice Cube - Good Cop Bad Cop (Official Video)

Check out the official music video for "Good Cop Bad Cop" by Ice CubeIce Cube’s Death Certificate (25th Anniversary Edition) is available now: http://smartur...

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
werid i know curt was a big fan Public Enemy's It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back