• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018

When I see this character-specific courses people make in the internet I wonder if we will get someday an official update allowing players to make their own levels (not VS stages but actual 1 player or 2 coop levels) and share them.

I think it would be probably too easy just to add a "target" or a "finish line" item for the stage editor and design some predefined clear conditions for the players to choose (destroy all, get there in X time, board all the platforms...). The possibilities are already there in the game, it's only needed an official way to registrate these awesome courses as propper bonus levels.

As many, I miss the old Smash 64 and Melee stadium stages and people have demonstrated that great things can be done with little resources in the Ultimate editor. These stages test each character skills and moves in an awesome way, and after all, Sakurai himself said he wanted to create levels for the World of Light but the idea had to be scrapped due to time constraints. In addition, Nintendo seems to be lately into the maker thing with Mario Maker and the new dungeon crafter from Link's Awakening.

What do you think?

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted that ever since Brawls crummy version. The original BTT still has records being broken to this day because its a mode that perfectly rewards character control in a platform fighter.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think we will. i think they want to add a new major mode in a free update the same time as each of the DLC characters gets released, and i think this being one of the most requested features it has a chance of happening in one of those 4 upcoming updates.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously making over 50ish character specific break the target levels is impossible, but I love your idea of having users make them and then having Nintendo curate them.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I remember wishing Board the Platforms would come back after Melee and instead Brawl gutted Break the Targets :(

I mean I get it but... :sadface