• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
That they didn't just announce the character today means it can't be just Spring Man.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sakurai never makes alts if it doesn't make sense. It does not make sense to make alts of ARMS character, only one that'd work is Spring Man and Springtron really. He isn't adding a skin of a character if they can't use their gimmick. Like Ribbon Girl being able to jump multiple times or Twintelle having her Bayonetta mechanic.

That they didn't just announce the character today means it can't be just Spring Man.
Well it can be but I agree if it is Spring Man they wouldn't have revealed it like this.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I agree, with Spring-Man you could add Springton and Ribbon Girl, since she has a similar built. Twintelle is so unique, she doesn't even use her arms. She and Mechanica are the last characters, who are great in representing the core and lore of the game.

Springman
Springtron
Ribbon Girl
Ninjara
Min-Min
Kid Cobra
Helix
Lola Pop
Misango
Dr Coyle

I would guess the 8 models would be a collection of these 8, probably 4 guys and 4 girls (does Helix have a gender?). I can see Springtron taking over for the springman assist trophy as well after an update.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just passing by the next Smash character:
tumblr_odscatgsw71rsghfro1_500.gif

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
We'll get Spring Man and maybe Ribbon Girl as an alt and that's it, people are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they showed the whole roster on screen, I'm going to guess there will be alts of a few fighters ala Bowser Jr.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Multiple characters would be cool, but likely only the slim humanoid characters in that instance.

Also some required music:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Min-Min is probably the one getting in due to that final tournament win.
Seems like their way of doing it just like Splatoon choices.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
The more I think about this, the more hyped I get.
The moveset potential, the music, the strage possibilities! Plus Arms just has that quintissential modern "Nintendo" vibe that's just really charming. I'm super down for this

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Not having played Arms, would it be possible to do something like Bowser Jr or Hero and have several characters play exactly the same as one slot? I know it could be tricky since they wouldn't share animations, but I imagine it could be possible to assign them the same hitboxes.

Some stuff that seems character-tied like the robot suit or shurikens might be harder, unless you can already use the same attacks with anyone ingame.

That said, this gives me hopes that we could avoid the "main character curse" from now on.

Edit: Arms Main Theme in smash, gooo.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
bro some of yall wild saying stuff like not buying a fighter pass out of some weird shit
i cant imagine playing a fighting game without all characters, if someone tried to play on their console without all characters i would be like hell no

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While I want Twintelle more I have to concede Min Min is the better fit. Actually uses her arms, basically as popular, also a girl, and a dragon arm has much more creative freedom to use in Smash. Just designing an ARMS character for Smash will be tough due to how long range is in ARMS but I feel the dragon arm opens up a lot of options for more close counter moves.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
bro some of yall wild saying stuff like not buying a fighter pass out of some weird shit
i cant imagine playing a fighting game without all characters, if someone tried to play on their console without all characters i would be like hell no
I'm the same way. Always get all content in my fighters. Just doesn't feel right if I don't.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Sorry to all of those that are excited, but this is probably the least exciting Smash announcement for me... ever? And I've never played Metal Gear or Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, but at least it felt like those characters deserved a place alongside Mario and Pikachu. There were so many better picks, even from Nintendo's own catalogue here.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I like ARMS, and let me tell everyone who hasn't played it that this pack with be worth it for the dang music.

Also, ARMS characters are charming as all hell. I'd be so stoked for this to be my girls Min Min or Mechanica. And, conceptually, this is just bound to be a really interesting fighter.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
It can't be Twintelle.
The announcement said the fighter extends their arms but Twintelle uses HAIR

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy for fans of ARMS, but this does nothing for me. Probably would be massively disappointed if I wasn't expecting disappointment, if that makes any sense.

Fighter's Pass has been 1 good and 1 ok out of 6 for me so far. Glad I avoided buying it in advance this time.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Wouldn't Minmin fit some rumor that I am pretty sure got squished saying one of the future fighters would be a female in a mech.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
While I want Twintelle more I have to concede Min Min is the better fit. Actually uses her arms, basically as popular, also a girl, and a dragon arm has much more creative freedom to use in Smash. Just designing an ARMS character for Smash will be tough due to how long range is in ARMS but I feel the dragon arm opens up a lot of options for more close counter moves.
Yeah, Min Min won the Party Crash, has the transforming dragon gimmick in addition to her extendable ramen noodle arms, and she also is just as adept at kicking as she is punching. Her weapon loadout includes ranged lasers, boomerang blades and electrified wrecking balls that would be well-suited to smash attacks. She seems like a top contender.

Twintelle is mainly interesting from a visual standpoint.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like ARMS, and let me tell everyone who hasn't played it that this pack with be worth it for the dang music.

Also, ARMS characters are charming as all hell. I'd be so stoked for this to be my girls Min Min or Mechanica. And, conceptually, this is just bound to be a really interesting fighter.
Yeah it's hard to even imagine how an ARMS character would work in smash while being faithful to the source material. Being yet another "range demon" is a given but they'd need an absurd amount of range to feel like an ARMS character.

Yeah, Min Min won the Party Crash, has the transforming dragon gimmick in addition to her extendable ramen noodle arms, and she also is just as adept at kicking as she is punching. Her weapon loadout includes ranged lasers, boomerang blades and electrified wrecking balls that would be well-suited to smash attacks. She seems like a top contender.

Twintelle is mainly interesting from a visual standpoint.

Didn't consider the potential of Min Min being able to kick too! Gosh now I want her too haha.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sorry to all of those that are excited, but this is probably the least exciting Smash announcement for me... ever? And I've never played Metal Gear or Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, but at least it felt like those characters deserved a place alongside Mario and Pikachu. There were so many better picks, even from Nintendo's own catalogue here.

A new Nintendo first party ip that has sold over 2 million of copies isn't worthy of Smash Bros? I'm curious what missing ip from Nintendo's back catalogue you think is more deserving of a rep?

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this. I'm hoping for Min Min but anyone is cool. I hope there's more Nintendo characters on the pass, I really want Rex or Mythra to get in.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yeah it's hard to even imagine how an ARMS character would work in smash while being faithful to the source material. Being yet another "range demon" is a given but they'd need an absurd amount of range to feel like an ARMS character.

Didn't consider the potential of Min Min being able to kick too! Gosh now I want her too haha.

In smash I can't imagine a world in which an Arms rep isn't either completely terrible or completely broken, I feel like there isn't much middle ground lol.

Ludon Bear

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 4, 2020
Let's talk about gameplay.
It would be great, if you could change the ARMS and have maybe three different types, since you can have a set of three in ARMS. Those ARMS can either be changed on the player select screen or after losing a stock.
A Second gimmick would be, that Normal are attacks with the right arm and Special would be attacks with the left arm. So the ARMS character has only normal attacks, which can go very far and use differently from each other. Like a Smash Attack with the left arm and a Jab with the right. Only the problem is, that you have extreme long cool-down, depending on the strength and range of the attack (since the ARMS needs to travel back). It would perfectly simulate, how the fight mechanics in ARMS work.
Up-A or Up-B allow you to grab the ledge (similar to Simon). You need both ARMS to grab, but the grab can be angled and you can grab in the air (works similar to Byleth Up-B). Smash-Attacks can be charged and saved. The Smash-Attack is diffferent, depending on the ARMSs you chosen (Element, Size, Speed and Power).

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
You know Twintelle would be nice, get some black characters in Smash.
A game with over a crap ton of characters and basically none of them are black....