• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Mixer murdered Ninjas viewership. Why does anyone think that the viewership would be any better on Facebook gaming? Outside of the paycheck you get from that respective partner, your career is almost guaranteed dead after.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's intereting how people underestimate the size of Facebook Gaming

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awful, he's someone I actually watch every now and then. I certainly won't be moving to Facebook gaming for him though.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Mixer murdered Ninjas viewership. Why does anyone think that the viewership would be any better on Facebook gaming? Outside of the paycheck you get from that respective partner, your career is almost guaranteed dead after.
1. The paycheck is probably huge
2. Facebook Gaming is apparently bigger than people give it credit for outside of the US
3. It looks like Facebook is apparently having the people they pick up like Disguised Toast help them improve their service.

Ishka

May 1, 2019
Career? These people have no guarantee of a career regardless of platform. Only makes sense for them to take what money while they still can.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of the paycheck you get from that respective partner, your career is almost guaranteed dead after.

Isn't that the whole point? Who cares about your viewership if you're set for life. Just sounds like someone handing you early retirement. I fall to see the downside for the steamer.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
The point is the paycheck is enough to retire on. Why stream for the next 10yrs trying your best to keep up with streaming trends when you can do it in 3yrs to an empty audience?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I hope he's getting a fat paycheck, because he was just complaining about "having to" stream 28 hours in two days a few weeks ago. Can't imagine he'd be getting Twitch or Youtube views on Facebook.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
facebook is just not a site i imagine the people who are interested in streaming or watching streams even visit. young people left facebook a long time ago.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
lol is he the only person to accept facebook gaming. i heard from a stream from an OW player who got offered but really.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I'm out of the loop

Here's a few articles on the case then:
www.theverge.com

Facebook may have knowingly inflated its video metrics for over a year

The inflated video views led both advertisers and media companies to put too much emphasis on Facebook video.

Any metrics report about Facebook Gaming coming from Zuckerberg's company can be thrown in the trash.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
probably getting huge money to make the jump. good on him.

viewership is going to completely die, though.

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook Video which was known for lying about the actual number of views to vastly inflate them and led up to countless job losses.
Funny you say this cause I've never actually been to the facebook gaming site till today (cause I saw a post about zero moving there today) and I sat in a couple streams that said there were thousands of people watching but I never saw any new comments/chat the whole time I was watching. No idea if the view count there is inflated or maybe people just don't chat much on the platform but it was weird seeing a stream with supposedly thousands of viewers but no chat activity.

Cronogear

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently Alpharad also got a "shockingly large" offer, but he turned it down.

OP
OP
May 9, 2018
As someone who works on sitewide Facebook Video analysis as their day job, their metrics are fine nowadays (it's more-or-less the type of videos that are popular are a bit unusual).

That said, I haven't seen any Facebook Gaming videos/livestreams pop up in any of my analysis of top videos. Wonder if FB considers Gaming viewers more valuable than normal live video viewers.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook Gaming? What the heck? That exists?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's Facebook and they try to get their hands on everything, but I have literally never heard of this. I thought it was something new when I read the title, but it seems like I've just been out of the loop.

Oh well, I guess I'm just never watching ZeRo again since I don't wanna get anywhere close to Facebook if I can help it. Also kind of funny that he had to keep saying "previous platform" instead of being able to name Twitch.

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope its what he wants.

Also I'll miss seeing his cute anime girl emotes on every Twitch chat I go to.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny you say this cause I've never actually been to the facebook gaming site till today (cause I saw a post about zero moving there today) and I sat in a couple streams that said there were thousands of people watching but I never saw any new comments/chat the whole time I was watching. No idea if the view count there is inflated or maybe people just don't chat much on the platform but it was weird seeing a stream with supposedly thousands of viewers but no chat activity.

I've had streams of people playing games appearing on my facebook TL without me ever asking and I assume I counted then as a viewer despite not actually watching anything. Subtle way at inflating numbers.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Eh, one less to check when I see streaming, not like I was very invested on him to follow him to another platform, just will find someone else to watch in Twitch.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Facebook Video's sham of lying about their views can fuck off

Here's a few articles on the case then:
www.theverge.com

Facebook may have knowingly inflated its video metrics for over a year

The inflated video views led both advertisers and media companies to put too much emphasis on Facebook video.

Any metrics report about Facebook Gaming coming from Zuckerberg's company can be thrown in the trash.
Well then RIP ZeRo. I hope his next tournament win makes up for his upcoming sinking views.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so what is the size of Facebook Gaming?
Dunno. But the gaming department that bought several studios, licensed / bought gaming engines, usually has the biggest stages on expos, owns the complete Oculus branch, is rumoured to work on their own console and has paid BIG sums for exclusive streaming rights (streamers not counted) is probably not THAT small.

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno. But the gaming department that bought several studios, licensed / bought gaming engines, usually has the biggest stages on expos, owns the complete Oculus department, is rumoured to work on their own console and has paid BIG sums for exclusive streaming rights (streamers not counted) is probably not THAT small.
I can't imagine a facebook gaming console taking off. I certainly wouldn't want to put any of my personal info into it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Get paid and ride off into the sunset to do whatever you damn well please if/when it fails.

I hate Facebook but get your money dude. I can't hate on any of these people for that lol.

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really, really hope he's thought this through. I enjoy his content and hope this works out for him.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean prioritizing deals like this over viewership makes a lot of sense, and it definitely seems like something that ZeRo would jump on in a second given some of the stuff I've heard him say. Viewership on these platforms is fickle, maintaining a high viewership requires pretty much constant investment and taking even a few days off can lead to dramatic drops. If you're trying to make a living, using a stable deal makes a lot of sense. The upper end of earnings might be lower, but it's probably way less stressful to maintain, and the stability is way easier to plan lifestyle choices around in the first place

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Zero is great but no thanks.

Interesting to see how his numbers go and how long this'll last.