• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Because the whole point of fighting games is that anyone can play them, and try to be the best ? From Justin Wong, to Wawa, to almost every Japanese players, they all started by kicking asses before 18. And if someone manipulate or bully ? Well, you ban his ass from entering tournaments. Punishing minors is not the way to go.

You are not punishing minors by creating a safe environment for them to compete in. No one is stopping them from beating top players of older brackets once they've reached a certain age themselves. Why does it matter so much to you that a 14 year old could theoretically beat the 32 year old reigning champion, when as current events have shown, that 14 year old has better odds of being molested by them? You need to stop and reconsider your priorities.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
And people defending him in the replies... What's wrong with people?
Not surprised that there are so many creeps. Even outside gaming I rarely become friends with other guys just because all the shit they do, no matter what age they are. Hopefully everything that's happening in the world now will actually make something happen for real. Tired of how scummy people are...

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised that there are so many creeps. Even outside gaming I rarely become friends with other guys just because all the shit they do, no matter what age they are. Hopefully everything that's happening in the world now will actually make something happen for real. Tired of how scummy people are...
There were a lot of people defending Keitaro as well because "it was a simple mistake" when he admitted to having sex with a child so you know, I'm not surprised.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

what the fuck

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
What's the icecube? I saw it in the twitlonger but missing what it's about
It's in Katie's twitlonger but here's the quote-
- The worst offense I can remember is that you asked me to masturbate with ice and take pictures. I lied when I told you I masturbated as you asked and then I declined sending you pictures. The worst part of this is that I did not take screenshots of this particular situation since I was so embarrassed by it. You wanted to make this activity a habit, that every two weeks I would do what you say for a day.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It took 3 statements to finally acknowledge and admit the icecube thing was real. 3.

If the first statement would have made everyone happy, he would have continued like nothing happened. Same with the second one. It's insane to still be lying and try to appear like a better guy than you are when making statements to seemingly "atone". To the very end he tried to downplay everything. No respect for this.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine multiple people come out and your blind ass still thinking it was a good idea to defend Zero.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It took 3 statements to finally acknowledge and admit the icecube thing was real. 3.

If the first statement would have made everyone happy, he would have continued like nothing happened. Same with the second one. It's insane to still be lying and try to appear like a better guy than you are when making statements to seemingly "atone". To the very end he tried to downplay everything. No respect for this.
Zero's first statement was him trying to paint himself as a good guy in the community after his friends got exposed saying "I should've said something about Nairo". This made the other people come out against him and then his BS second statement in which he tried to manipulate people made Leffen come after him for lying until he finally told the truth.

He didn't have any accusations against him until he released that statement and made his past victims want to speak up, which is crazy.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well pleased to see he admitted to it, finally. Wish it wasn't the case of course for the victims sake more than his.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
His "Oh woe is me I will never make videos ever again also I'll personally drop all my sponsors" angle is disingenuous as all hell. Took him three twitlongers to cop to his biggest misdeed and now he's trying to farm pity points from his defenders.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Zero's scared as fuck because he knows more of his shit is comming it's way, seeing Jisu tweets. Good, fuck him and fuck the fans that STILL defends this PoS.

Because the whole point of fighting games is that anyone can play them, and try to be the best ? From Justin Wong, to Wawa, to almost every Japanese players, they all started by kicking asses before 18. And if someone manipulate or bully ? Well, you ban his ass from entering tournaments. Punishing minors is not the way to go.

Goddamn they are Smash players not Jedis, they can have they chance to kick adult asses when they turn 18. While that they can still train and fight their current age bracket.

What's really insane here is despite him admitting to everything and explicitly asking not to be defended, there are still people defending his legacy in the replies.

Like, shit. It's no wonder this became such a widespread problem is this is the type of response the community makes to abuse.

Jun 2, 2019
I honestly don't know how to describe my feelings regarding this whole situation, not only regarding Zero, but all the shit is being revealed right now about the Smash community and the fucking head of EVO

It's a mixture of dissapointment and fury, call me naïve but i never imagined that something like this could happen, i have loosely followed some FGC communities including Smash but, leaving some dramas apart, everything looked so comfy and gave such good vibes.

Man, fuck all this. I hope they end up rotting in jail

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
I have a bad feeling about this. It's one of those bad feelings that might end up being true. I hope it's not.

Oct 27, 2017
I think all of this shit coming out is the best thing that could've happened for the smash community. While it's devastating to see so many high profile figures in the community involved, having them be removed from the community can only be a good thing. Unfortunately I'm sure that this is only the tip of the iceberg and that there are more victims and perpetrators that we may never hear about.

The community needs to send a message. This sort of behaviour is unacceptable. Anyone who does anything like we've seen alleged over the last couple of days shouldn't be a part of the community.

They. Do. Not. Belong.

All these predators and abusers also need to be held accountable. This means legal punishment where appropriate. It's not enough to disappear/go offline.

I'm not really part of the community (I've never been to any smash events/tournaments or anything like that, but I've always loved watching high level play), but even as a casual observer I can see the pain that they must be going through. Even I've watched some of zero's analysis videos, so those that are fans must be hurting.

But that does not excuse some of those horrid twitter replies. Jesus.

Oh and obviously the tournament scene needs to change. The tournament scene as it is is ripe for grooming and abuse. Age brackets and/or 18+ only events seem like a decent first step to me.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
What's really insane here is despite him admitting to everything and explicitly asking not to be defended, there are still people defending his legacy in the replies.

Like, shit. It's no wonder this became such a widespread problem is this is the type of response the community makes to abuse.

I mean, one can't even be sure if those words aren't still specifically chosen to maximize empathy from the defenders.

And yikes at this entire situation. I mean, I have no troubles understanding why these folks never admit to anything even if they know there's strong evidence all over. Even if there's just a 0.1% chance not to be known and judged as a pedo and/or rapist at the end, they'll cling to that hope. The alternative is admitting to some heinous shit that, even if it's the ethical and right thing to do, is still a clear "loss" no matter what.

So, with absolutely every single one of those guilty we get bullshit statements right up to the point where it's all plainly laid out there.

Hopefully these events lately will lead to the future players and community being fucking better about all this. These current/past victims will unfortunately still have to struggle, especially with significant portions of the vile communities attacking them...

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
Damn. This guy was THE face of Smash 4.

This entire thing is just a permanent stain on the community forever. Who knows if it'll recover from this.

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know how to describe my feelings regarding this whole situation, not only regarding Zero, but all the shit is being revealed right now about the Smash community and the fucking head of EVO

It's a mixture of dissapointment and fury, call me naïve but i never imagined that something like this could happen, i have loosely followed some FGC communities including Smash but, leaving some dramas apart, everything looked so comfy and gave such good vibes.

Man, fuck all this. I hope they end up rotting in jail

It's thrown me for a loop too. I'm feeling the same way as you.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
So there are smash houses where minors are living with 20-30 year old strangers?????

what the fuck?????? In what planet is this acceptable?

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Why can't these people just play videogames? Is being an abusive shitbag a requirement or something?
It's great that at least this shit is coming out, the community needs to be restarted from the ground up.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020

It's just obsessive fans who are so emotionally invested in their idol, that they are just trying to rationalise any excuse for them not to feel guilty about still idolising that person.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Well, bye. I guess he knows what is coming so leaving early might be a good idea for him.

Lev

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Sakurai just wanted this game to be a party game. I can finally see why that would have been a good idea.

The Smash scene right now seems so toxic that I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo wanted to eviscerate the non-sanctioned Smash scene. I'm having a hard time picturing sponsors ever wanting to flock back to this sort of scene without divine intervention from Nintendo.

Given the new news about Zero admitting some of the allegations against him, it makes me wonder what his residency status is like. If he gets a visa from his sponsor, if he breaks ties with them, does that mean he loses his visa as well? I'm sure these allegations could lead him to lose his visa regardless, especially if Zero gets charged with crimes.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
qfNfMXQ.jpg

Ain't that the truth? It IS that clear cut, I'm afraid.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I just caught up, what a shit show this has been. How the hell can you think making two manipulative and lying statements to everyone when they all have receipts. I'm both curious and horrified at what the update from Jisu will look like with even more evidence brought to light. I wonder if Zero will lose his Facebook sponsorship now, he should.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
User banner (2 months) - Downplaying attempts to gaslight a victim of sexual harassment, whataboutism.
So he's been lying?

Bury him

Give him no quarter
I...read the responses and I don't see flat out lying? The first response doesnt even say much and is him mostly just claiming the were on friendly terms and he wouldn't outright share hentai publicly which has been disputed with discord which I can see why that space would be considered differently in his mind(still wrong).

I'm part of discords where my friends share hentai but we would never ever look at it together in the same room, and his second response is about an exact time sharing it in a friendly space, again I feel what he means is he wouldn't just whip out hentai with strangers, he seems to say it was not odd for him to send some to M2K.

I can kinda believe him thinking this shit is normal and not realising how much he is affecting everyone else. He was an immature 19 year old who didn't know better and to be honest still completely immature.

The Katie stuff is heinous and he admits that, I didn't read a lie unless I missed something. There is murkiness as to when he knew she was underage and what he asked her to do when underage. That's important I think.

It's good this is coming out and at this point I think he needs to try and take an active stance against his own fans from attacking people, I don't know how to do that but trying to trace usernames and put bans in discords, twitter or streams or whatever then his fans might be more reserved if they knew he was actively looking to ban people in someway, even if he is pretty much canceled at this point. Other than that I don't know what he can do to hold them back.

Now why I say this is not really to defend him or anything, but I do think it's strange this is the top drama right now, when others are accused of much much worse. Acutal rape, stautory rape, apparently keeping vunerable minors as sex slaves and members of the community keeping it close to heart. There is so much fucking worse going on than Zero at the moment unless I've missed a response or something. His worst enemy seems to be himself.

I'm interested to know what Jisu has next though, she deserves an apology and not just from Zero but everyone in that house who know this was going on but I don't think Zero is outright lying, I think he's a thicko that didn't realise any of his behaviour was troublesome. He's not a mastermind pulling the strings and his first response shows how stupid he is thinking that 'look we are friendly' was the crux of the issue.

My stance does flip a lot though depending on if he knew the age of Katie when asking the ice cube thing. I don't think I gathered that from the screenshots.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
I just caught up, what a shit show this has been. How the hell can you think making two manipulative and lying statements to everyone when they all have receipts. I'm both curious and horrified at what the update from Jisu will look like with even more evidence brought to light. I wonder if Zero will lose his Facebook sponsorship now, he should.

Lose sponsorship? He's looking at 10 years prison if (probably when) it goes legal. Sponsorship is the least of his well earned worries. Fuck him.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Fuck him and fuck all the abusers, the Smash community should be burned to the ground if it wants any chance to ever come back better in the future (and if it doesn't, fuck it, I'd rather have no Smash scene than a space for abusers to roam free).

And this is also why victims should be believed regardless, 99% of the time they're the one getting even more abuse after speaking up meanwhile the abusers have blind followers ready to go rabid at anyone accusing them.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand why it's so hard to just play video games and hang with people.

It's amazing that so many trash people were at the head of the Smash community.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
New response from ZeRo

Well I already unsubscribed when I caught on to his second lie in that reddit investigation of the Katie skype exchange. It will be interesting to see if this scandal does hurt his streaming business. I'm glad he has taken responsibility for his actions (eventually...) and he even talked about one more person he thinks would be a problematic incident (hopefully there isn't more than that)

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Couldn't agree more. Adults shouldn't really be alone with minors, I can't think of a reason this really should even naturally occur?

Unfortunately, most child abusers are NOT strangers. They're coaches, priests, step family, teachers, and it's not always feasible to take harmless common sense precautions like you do. But even if you did...

...I spent a lot of time alone with my grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins when I was a child. I would assume it's normal everywhere.

8_Out_of_10_Rapes_2.jpg

Many abusers are not adults either. 15% of reported child rapists are minors themselves:

Half_of_Perpetrators_are_30_or_Older%20122016.png

I think the most important thing we must do is make sure every rapist is arrested before they can do it twice by taking away the stigma of reporting rape. Taking away the fear of being seen as "being partly responsible for one's own rape" because of blame-the-victim mentality that we humans are so fond of.

More must be done to raise awareness of what grooming is and how the only guilty party is the groomer. #MeToo has done a great job and I am hopeful for the future.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
Zero literally admitted to soliciting minors to do sexual acts and people in his replies are still like "hey don't be so harsh on him" what the actual fuck.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
The last few days with all this coming out in the Smash community has been really disturbing. There seems to have been a real culture of this sort of stuff going on, both people actually doing it and people knowing and not bothering to say anything (I don't mean the victims here naturally).