• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
No need to beat around the bush here and label her a sexual predator or this situation sexual harassment. She's a rapist. She manipulated and raped a 14 year old boy despite her being 24. Fuck getting her out of the industry. Get her pedophile ass in jail.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh

14 is very young. A 24 year old pursuing a 14 year old is really messed up.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Call her a pedophile, too.

That's right. A rapist pedophile.

I feel like The hesitation to call women sexual predators what they are is a real disservice to the victims. It makes it seem like the behavior isn't "that bad".

I bet theres a defense force right now telling him he should feel honored.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I can't imagine how much that would fuck with a boy's head. Absolutely disgusting. She could be in real trouble, yeah?

Virginia
  • Has this state eliminated the statute of limitations for all felony sex crimes? Yes. Virginia has no statute of limitations for any felony sex crime.
  • Does this state reduce a statute of limitations if a victim chooses not report? No. A victim's choice to report or not report does not affect the statute of limitations.
  • Does this state have exceptions to statutes of limitations for DNA evidence? No. No exception is needed, as the state has eliminated the statute of limitations for all felony sex crimes.
  • What is the state's statute of limitations for its most serious felony sex crimes? 21 years or more.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I find it pretty sick that some people (very few I might add) in the replies on twitter are saying he was "lucky" to be in that position at 14 with an older woman.

This sort of mentality is NOT ok, the punishments around sexual assault and predatory behaviour should be the same for both women and men, both should be held accountable in the same way for these disgusting acts.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't followed Melee in a long while, but actually remember Puppeh as a kind of prodigy kid from when I did. A kid. Feels pretty awful to think about.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
This guy looked like a 10 year old in 2015, so I'm sure he didn't look much older a year later (can't find a pic). Crazy and disgusting.
:/

Eb2rjOmXYAA8KCk

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Literally straight to jail. He was 14, she used her power over him, did this for an extending period of time AND explicitly told him not to tell anyone. Yeah. She's a fucking monster.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that's awful. He's very brave to come forward. I remember kissing a classmate at 14 being a seismic event. Imagine being manipulated by an adult?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine how much that would fuck with a boy's head. Absolutely disgusting. She could be in real trouble, yeah?

Virginia
  • Has this state eliminated the statute of limitations for all felony sex crimes? Yes. Virginia has no statute of limitations for any felony sex crime.
  • Does this state reduce a statute of limitations if a victim chooses not report? No. A victim's choice to report or not report does not affect the statute of limitations.
  • Does this state have exceptions to statutes of limitations for DNA evidence? No. No exception is needed, as the state has eliminated the statute of limitations for all felony sex crimes.
  • What is the state's statute of limitations for its most serious felony sex crimes? 21 years or more.

Welp

I can hear the pailbearers already

I just hope he is taken seriously, male rape victims have a real problem in that regard

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I find it pretty sick that some people (very few I might add) in the replies on twitter are saying he was "lucky" to be in that position at 14 with an older woman.

This sort of mentality is NOT ok, the punishments around sexual assault and predatory behaviour should be the same for both women and men, both should be held accountable in the same way for these disgusting acts.

That's the problem with this shit. It only swings one way in the public eye because an alpha mentality comes attached to men which leads other men to believe it's impossible for you to ever be a victim of sexual assault if you're a man. That's why men rarely ever come out with shit like this because they know they'll be absolutely humiliated for it. It's fucked up in every sense of the word.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume this also applies to this case.

I'm sure the conduct panel will ban her, though VGBC is not great on this front since they're the largest organizer that doesn't follow the conduct board's rules and has gone against some of their decisions, such as their recent decision to allow Captain Zack to enter their tournaments.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
That's the problem with this shit. It only swings one way in the public eye because an alpha mentality comes attached to men which leads other men to believe it's impossible for you to ever be a victim of sexual assault. That's why men rarely ever come out with shit like this because they know they'll be absolutely humiliated for it. It's fucked up in every sense of the word.

I agree.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Damn its really brave for him to speak up about this. This is really really bad and I can imagine how much this must have affected him as he grew up.

I bet the toxic masculinity in response to his claim is going to be disgusting

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
Poor kid I hope he gets all the support he needs, looking at the replies to his tweet there is a lot of great responses to him apart from one scummy tweet that I noticed which I wont link but it says "Lucky bastard, Cinnpie is so hot", makes me sick to see it.

Proud of him for telling his story like all those who do no matter what gender they are.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there were rumors of this for years but Puppeh was pressured into denying it. He is so brave for speaking out now.

There's been a lot of stories lately in that community and while it does make me sick that so much was buried for years, it's a good thing that more people have felt comfortable speaking out about their abuse, no matter the year - it should never be tolerated. I hope the community becomes a safer place for everyone.

That photo of him above is making me feel sick. He's just a kid, why would you do that...

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also from what I'm hearing is that someone brought this up a while ago but no one believed it cause I guess the person wasn't well known.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This is fucking disgusting. She's been vocal about all of the current issues in the Smash community and then we find out that she's just as guilty as so many other people. Not only that, but her twitter display name used to say "Speak up!" in regards to issues and now she just changed it to "Do your best." She's absolutely disgusting.
wee-bey-gif.gif

Frankly after after learning Redeye is a domestic abuser I'm just defaulting to suspecting everyone's motives even on this forum. I've heard plenty of advice on not to take people at face value but it's pretty hard to be so distrustful. It feels like an unhealthy mindset even if there are practical merits to it.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
His birthday is in May as well, which means he likely had just turned 14, which means he wasn't even in high school yet. This is fucking appalling.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wee-bey-gif.gif

Frankly after after learning Redeye is a domestic abuser I'm just defaulting to suspecting everyone's motives even on this forum. I've heard plenty of advice on not to take people at face value but it's pretty hard to be so distrustful. It feels like an unhealthy mindset even if there are practical merits to it.

After a while... you get used to it

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Raping children while playing Smash, what the fuck is wrong with people. Dig her up at the root and burn any shred of hope she has in the world.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I bet theres a defense force right now telling him he should feel honored.

Doubt that. To be fair in his post he comes across as more agitated because he wanted to be with her but regardless of his professed feelings she crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed by obviously taking advantage of someone who was still developing.

I think even in the future he might realize just how manipulative she has been. I don't think he has fully processed that fact yet.

His birthday is in May as well, which means he likely had just turned 14, which means he wasn't even in high school yet. This is fucking appalling.

I didn't even think he was in high school when I first read the OP. It is troubling regardless.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Puppeh is very brave for speaking out and I hope he gets the care he needs to process the rape and abuse he went through for so many years.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking disgusting. She's been vocal about all of the current issues in the Smash community and then we find out that she's just as guilty as so many other people. Not only that, but her twitter display name used to say "Speak up!" in regards to issues and now she just changed it to "Do your best." She's absolutely disgusting.
Holy Shit.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh

Virginia
The problem is she manipulated him so much he may not have any of the proof necessary for a conviction.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow after searching in my memory bank I realized I think I did hear about allegation that Cinnpie was a pedophile but just simply forgot about them cause nothing came out about it.
Doubt that. To be fair in his post he comes across as more agitated because he wanted to be with her but regardless of his professed feelings she crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed by obviously taking advantage of someone who was still developing.

I think even in the future he might realize just how manipulative she has been. I don't think he has fully processed that fact yet.
Yeah his story is why I don't think he's getting hit with the "He should be honored" as someone in his position would normally.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Disgusting. Also, he's so young looking he probably has a ton of self esteem and other issues. I know I had it as a young looking kid (probably looked about 14 until I was 20 and could grow some facial hari). My heart goes out to him and I hope he gets some closure on this.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This isn't even a case of someone looking way older than their age or some stupid shit like that. Dude legit looked like a little kid in 2016. This should have legal consequences