• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
An anonymous account has come forward with allegations against CaptainZack including unwanted advances and kisses without consent.

BraveVoice said:
I made this burner account for this and only this

I'm still scared someone might figure out who I am and who am I related to in the Smash community if I'm being really honest, that's why I'll try to avoid as many details as possible
Zack kissed me twice at two different smash majors without consent

Edit: Yikes I meant accused not accuse

Zack's response:

CaptainZack said:
addressing this and it's been brought to my attention. these are the tournaments i attended in 2018. if you would be so kind as to say which two tournaments these incidents occurred at, id be willing to recount each day and who i was with at those tourneys.
CaptainZack said:
so GROSS that someone would make up a story to simply make me worse than i already do lmao

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing surprises me anymore from this community.

I'll still let him explain himself though.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
just a reminder this does nothing to absolve nairo and ally of there crimes. This is a separate issue that doesn't stop the fact that nairo and ally comited statutory rape.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Gross behavior. Even if he claims to have an alibi for 24-48hrs straight , or however long the tournament was, there's no real proof either way. Believe victims who FINALLY are enabled with the courage and strength to speak up. There is a systematic issue with sexual misconduct which is unfortunately highly pervasive within these communities. Thankfully it's all coming to light and can possibly be fixed going forward.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Gross behavior. Even if he claims to have an alibi for 24-48hrs straight , or however long the tournament was, there's no real proof either way. Believe victims who FINALLY are enabled with the courage and strength to speak up. There is a systematic issue with sexual misconduct which is unfortunately highly pervasive within these communities. Thankfully it's all coming to light and can possibly be fixed going forward.
On the off chance that he's actually innocent, what is his response supposed to be? Just silence?

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If true, not super surprising to me given how he was behaving with Nairo and Ally. They fucked up because Zack was underage and they were not, but if Zack was as forward and aggressive to a fellow minor Zack would be the harasser.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
On the off chance that he's actually innocent, what is his response supposed to be? Just silence?
He can still defend himself as he sees fit which is what he seems to be doing. I merely wrote that post because anyone bringing up allegations need to be heard and listened to. We will all draw our own conclusions based on what we read and see, but it's a lot more difficult for a faceless victim to come forward and speak when they do not wish to have anymore light shone on their lives.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
He can still defend himself as he sees fit which is what he seems to be doing. I merely wrote that post because anyone bringing up allegations need to be heard and listened to. We will all draw our own conclusions based on what we read and see, but it's a lot more difficult for a faceless victim to come forward and speak when they do not wish to have anymore light shone on their lives.
Yup, agreed. Sorry I thought you were saying his response was gross or something, but I think you're saying what he is accused of is gross.

Oct 25, 2017
just a reminder this does nothing to absolve nairo and ally of there crimes. This is a separate issue that doesn't stop the fact that nairo and ally comited statutory rape.

why the fuck would it absolve anyone of anything?

still it wouldn't surprise me if this whole community was a bunch of I can't even think of the word to describe it but it's just basically an underage brothel

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
why the fuck would it absolve anyone of anything?

still it wouldn't surprise me if this whole community was a bunch of I can't even think of the word to describe it but it's just basically an underage brothel
it doesn't I'm just getting ahead of the dumb Twitter opinions nairo fans are about to come up with on twitter

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I feel bad for Zack because none of the damn adults told him what's wrong and instead it looks like they kept encouraging that behavior from him

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for Zack because none of the damn adults told him what's wrong and instead it looks like they kept encouraging that behavior from him
When so many of the adults around him are...well, that, it's not hard to imagine negative behaviors being encouraged.

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
lol why is the competitive smash community so scummy. I knew nothing about it before all of these assault stories came out.

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
The burner account is named "brave voice" , sounds a little on the nose? Who calls themselves brave voice? Also it seems stupid of him to expose someone if he knew he had some own skeletons in the closet? Then again, it seems like half of twitch/smash has done some scummy shit, so who the fuck knows.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
The burner account is named "brave voice" , sounds a little on the nose? Who calls themselves brave voice? Also it seems stupid of him to expose someone if he knew he had some own skeletons in the closet? Then again, it seems like half of twitch/smash has done some scummy shit, so who the fuck knows.
Zack being a scumbag and harasser doesn't negate Ally and Nairo being pedophiles, which is much worse in comparison.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to believe anymore, this is all becoming quite the blur. I have seen a couple of posts by people online mentioning how aggressive Zack's advances can be which doesn't inspire confidence. Also hope people don't use this, if true, to absolve the shit Nairo has been accused of. A cycle of harassment and abuse where victims become abusers and vice versa is never justified.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty common for abused people to later on become the abuser themselves. I always hope these things are not true because if they are then that just means more people are victims, but regardless, its a very big mess the FGC and Smash communities got themselves into and we obviously need better regulations in place so people can feel safe attending these events

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know what to believe anymore, this is all becoming quite the blur. I have seen a couple of posts by people online mentioning how aggressive Zack's advances can be which doesn't inspire confidence. Also hope people don't use this, if true, to absolve the shit Nairo has been accused of. A cycle of harassment and abuse where victims become abusers and vice versa is never justified.
I don't know how it would absolve Nairo or anyone would think that. In Zacks own evidence he showed him talking about him making agressive advances. If anything this would just further reinforce that.

If Zack wasn't underaged nothing that happened would be wrong, it was the fact that he was underage that made it an issue

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty common for abused people to later on become the abuser themselves. I always hope these things are not true because if they are then that just means more people are victims, but regardless, its a very big mess the FGC and Smash communities got themselves into and we obviously need better regulations in place so people can feel safe attending these events
I do think victims of sexual abuse become hypersexual, at least in my own personal experience. It is pretty common for such people to cross lines. There's no excusing it, but I've been there. There's unhealthy void filling and behavior that leads to hurting others. Those of us that realize it and can put ourselves in check can seek help. But the damage sexual abuse from a young age does to your mental state is quite significant... it's not talked about enough IMO. If I had known the things I know now a long time ago... I could have gotten help much earlier. Now I have to wait forever to get help because US healthcare system is "incredible".

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I feel like there should only be threads saying "X Smash player NOT accused of sexual harassment"

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what's going on in this case, at least not when it comes to the players that have been named so far. Zack already had a reputation in the community for this type of behavior (among other things) way back then, which is why another older player he tried to get with at the time (Dabuz) nipped that shit in the bud right away. This is three people (Zack, Nairo, Ally) with dubious motives/character getting involved with each other, with one of them also happening to be a minor.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I do think victims of sexual abuse become hypersexual, at least in my own personal experience. It is pretty common for such people to cross lines. There's no excusing it, but I've been there. There's unhealthy void filling and behavior that leads to hurting others. Those of us that realize it and can put ourselves in check can seek help. But the damage sexual abuse from a young age does to your mental state is quite significant... it's not talked about enough IMO. If I had known the things I know now a long time ago... I could have gotten help much earlier. Now I have to wait forever to get help because US healthcare system is "incredible".

I think its more responsible to say "you have a higher risk of" than to flat out make it a certainty because I've seen cases where its the opposite, these people just shut down when the subject or opportunity comes up. Either way, it causes damage and the manifestations of that damage can be brutal to the self and to those around you, even if properly managed. Im sorry you had to go through something like that :(

That's not what's going on in this case, at least not when it comes to the players that have been named so far. Zack already had a reputation in the community for this type of behavior (among other things) way back then, which is why another older player he tried to get with at the time (Dabuz) nipped that shit in the bud right away. This is three people (Zack, Nairo, Ally) with dubious motives/character getting involved with each other, with one of them also happening to be a minor.

Im not very well versed on his personal life, I know he was banned way back when but thats about it. Thanks for adding some extra intel.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017

Ah, I see the sequence of events then. So Nairo was dumb enough to not keep it in his pants when faced with sexual advances from a minor? This wasn't a result of what Nario did more Zack taking his aggressiveness to extremes. Fucked up situation.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Smash FGC community seems like it was just one massive pot of sexual abuse that cycled from one person to the next. So many young lives forever changed, really fucking hurts to see more and more accounts of abuse come out. I don't even know what to say.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I think its more responsible to say "you have a higher risk of" than to flat out make it a certainty because Ive seen cases where its the opposite, thse people just shut down when the subject or opportunity comes up. Either way, it causes damage and the manifestations of that damage can be burtal to the self and to those around you, even if properly managed. Im sorry you had to go through something like that :(
Yeah, definitely. It does depend on the person. When your introduction to sex is extremely abnormal, you can grow up with an abnormal thought process tied to sex though. That's why getting mental help is important. It sucks I realized this so late.

Anyway enough semi-off topic from me!

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Has there been an update from the anonymous account after Zack statement?

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
Zack being a scumbag and harasser doesn't negate Ally and Nairo being pedophiles, which is much worse in comparison.
I honestly didn't know who any of these people were prior to this, so I probably shouldn't talk about it. You are right that many abused become abusers themselves. But I stand by "brave voice" being a weird choice for a name. Sounds like something a news anchor would say about someone, not how anyone would describe themselves.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
We've already seen messages that indicate Zack was aggressive with advances and heard that Dabuz shut down an advance when it occurred. So it shouldn't really be surprising that this would come about. The whole situation is sad because he was taken advantage of by adults and it feels like the cycle of harassment and abuse is just going to continue. Fuck Nairo and Ally. Fuck all the people in the Smash community who enabled this none sense.