• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Beating a top player(who later turned out to be a pedophile) then getting harassed for then shown support to keep playing only to be exposed saying the N-word with a hard r is an interesting combination to go through. Yikes but I wanna know is that something that her parents didn't teach her or are they racist themselves.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, now I can justify being an asshole against a kid! Fuck off, mysogynists.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
She has time to learn from her mistakes. I hope she understands and learns from this and why these words are not okay.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm aware, but as teens we're all stupid little shits who say stupid things just to look cool/popular whatever. At the very least, I would not rule out completely that possibility.
It really bothers me when people say this. As if we were all little racist jerks when we were kids. I sure hope that wasn't the case for most people. Did everyone just secretly say hateful things about their friends behind their backs because of their race? I found that most of the kids who were racist then are racist as adults.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm sure it's not, but as someone who doesn't follow the Smash/FGC, and thus only hears the about this sort of shit, the Smash community seems to be the worst.

Jun 2, 2019
User banned (1 week): dismissing concerns around racism
It really bothers me when people say this. As if we were all little racist jerks when we were kids. I sure hope that wasn't the case for most people. Did everyone just secretly say hateful things about their friends behind their backs because of their race? I found that most of the kids who were racist then are racist as adults.
Doesn't make it okay and you trying to play it off as that isn't even cool in the slightest.

I'm not saying it's cool and I'm not saying being racist comes in the pack of being a teen along with the acne and being a hormonal bomb. What I'm saying is that everyone says stupid shit in their teen years, racist or not. Those are 2018 posts and we're past half 2019 ffs, it would be very different if she kept up that attitude today.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying it's cool and I'm not saying being racist comes in the pack of being a teen along with the acne and being a hormonal bomb. What I'm saying is that everyone says stupid shit in their teen years, racist or not. Those are 2018 posts and we're past half 2019 ffs, it would be very different if she kept up that attitude today.
Dude just stop trying to rationalize what you said. It's 100% not okay at all.

data

Oct 25, 2017
D_4yz7qW4AE_ynS

That last message below bocchi's last message.....Nostradamus like with their prediction accuracy

What the actual hell. Is this legitimate? Not only did she say the n word, she also said to Lynch them. It's such a shame she was taught this eay

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

To say nothing of the incident itself, it was a year ago. It wasn't in another life.

I'm sure it's not, but as someone who doesn't follow the Smash/FGC, and thus only hears the about this sort of shit, the Smash community seems to be the worst.

How many positive Smash community threads do you see on Era? If you lived in my toilet, you'd think I was always peeing.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
People say stupid shit in their adult years too, and if that stupid shit happens to be racist then I label that person a racist. Look, I get what you're trying to say but there is a difference between teens saying dumb stuff and teens saying racist stuff. Just the same as adults.

Now if you're trying to say that she still has room to grow and change as many teens do, of course she does. But so far this isn't a good look.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This is an unfortunate and unusual situation. While youth is not an excuse for making racist statements, given that this individual is only 15 years old and has recently endured a harassment campaign, we feel the most appropriate thing to do is to close the thread and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.