• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

blue_phazon

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The strongest characters are inkling and chrome, and even then, they're not stupidly OP

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Pre-Patch: All 4 player FFA with items.

Post-Patch: 6 matches in and all 1v1 no items Omega stages 3 stock. Exactly what I want. Only thing that sometimes differs is the time.

Perfect!! All of them have been lag free too to be honest. Those 6 matches have been the best smash online experiences I've ever had.
Is there a way you can make it so either Omega or battlefield are acceptable? I like both, I can only seem to make it one or the other

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I got to challenge all the characters before the patch. I had a blast trying to unlock them even if it was crazy difficult at times.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Glad I got to challenge all the characters before the patch. I had a blast trying to unlock them even if it was crazy difficult at times.

I unlocked the last characters just the day before the patch - I don't know if I should be happy or not about it, anyway personally I found the unlocking mechanism really stimulating, it was like a mission to be absolutely accomplished!

Nov 13, 2017
The character unlocks feels very similar after the patch too. I unlocked them for my brother before the patch, and am doing mine now, and I'm still finding the same characters quite hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Did they nerf any of the wol fights? I found some super annoying to the point where I just skipped them cause they were rage inducing e.g. Pauline and Yoshi off the top of my head

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I unlocked the last characters just the day before the patch - I don't know if I should be happy or not about it, anyway personally I found the unlocking mechanism really stimulating, it was like a mission to be absolutely accomplished!

Yeah, im gonna be a minority on this but I thought it was fantatic. Minor beefs for the implementation (i think when a challenger popped up in certain game modes you weren't able to change chars?) but I found it fun even with the difficulty spike. Should have added ways to earn/buy items like Spirit/WoL modes for the fights after the initial confrontation and kept the re-challenge room always accessible. Im happy i snuck em through before the patch.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did they nerf any of the wol fights? I found some super annoying to the point where I just skipped them cause they were annoying e.g. Pauline and Yoshi off the top of my head
They did not touch any World of Light fights, especially since this update was primary for online matchmaking optimizations and bug fixes.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else getting a communication error for every second match? Always after character select screen :o

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Yeah, im gonna be a minority on this but I thought it was fantatic. Minor beefs for the implementation (i think when a challenger popped up in certain game modes you weren't able to change chars?) but I found it fun even with the difficulty spike. Should have added ways to earn/buy items like Spirit/WoL modes for the fights after the initial confrontation and kept the re-challenge room always accessible. Im happy i snuck em through before the patch.

For instance I lost so many times to King Dedede, when finally I was able to defeat it with Lucina as one of the last challangers to unlock I was rewarded of every lost match against him. But even though I'm noob at Smash (I lost all the 1v1 I did online using Bayonetta, going down 100.000) I didn't find so impossible to unlock all the characters, I did it in less than 12-13 hours without using any tricks, but just returning to the home menu after 4-5 matches in WoL (or getting a match after Classic Mode); anyway if they decided to change the difficulty for these matches, maybe for someone they were frustrating. A good choice would be to allow the players to define a difficulty for this aspect.

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, they already fixed the hitstun z-drop thing and matchmaking? I'm quite impressed.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Im surprised at how it seems a lot of people had difficulty in the Challenger Approaching fights...the AI is a tad more human but the trouble I personally had was getting used to the new speed

Shiddd aside from that, muhfuggas got launched to the moons

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Im surprised at how it seems a lot of people had difficulty in the Challenger Approaching fights...the AI is a tad more human but the trouble I personally had was getting used to the new speed

Shiddd aside from that, muhfuggas got launched to the moons

I got through them fine. But I can only imagine how irritating some of those CPUs could have been to someone brand new to the game and/or some child trying to play Smash for the first time.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not understanding GSP

On my main Lucina I'm down to 60,356 gsp. I rematched a fair few fights against better players before I noticed gsp was a thing... and even if I win two in a row it barely shifts.

Won two out of two with Ridley its up to 846,264

Fought and won first match with Marth just now and it's up to 1,010,076

My connection also seems worse since the update.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I got through them fine. But I can only imagine how irritating some of those CPUs could have been to someone brand new to the game and/or some child trying to play Smash for the first time.
I can see that. But I WILL say that some of those WoL fights were straight up bullshit. Especially the ones with Assist Trophies that just stay on the screen until you kill them

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind a challenge, but the fights were insanely inconsistent. Some were piss easy, while others went straight to 11 and it simply was arbitrary which challenger was hard and which was easy.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I don't think there's a chance K. Rool will pull a full Little Mac and fall all the way to F tier. He's just too all around solid. But he will probably get a lot less calls for nerfs once players learn how to approach and wait for openings.

It's the Belmonts that have the biggest shot at dropping like a rock in the tier lists. Depends on if Belmont players can get better at zoning faster than everyone else learns how to approach and kill them at low percents.

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't work at all for us. Immediate error message upon trying to join another Switch player. There was a thread here about it, it seems some people were able to get it started but it was choppy and would disconnect randomly.

For us, it just doesn't work at all.
Weird. I played a bunch of games with a friend and had no issues at all

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Have there been any reports of a potential performance issue caused by the update? I haven't been able to update and play yet, but my friend did and he's saying he's seeing new dropped frames in 1v1 when playing against the CPU. He's playing in handheld mode.