• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I assume they haven't fixed the fact you have to keep reselecting your character between rounds in Smash mode.

We need important fixes like giving the UK the correct set of Punch-Out titles. R.O.B's title should be 'Robotic Obliterating Buddy', not that awful 'The Last of his kind'.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Young Link NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo...........

Can't seem to find a precise patch notes on the characters changes, is it known already what they did to him?

Oct 29, 2017
I would assume yes. You can disable "Automatically install updates" from your Switch's system menu, or when the game starts it may ask "New version detected. Install?" and you can decline to just start software (you will be unable to go online, obviously), and you can delete update files without impacting your save file. I wanted to upgrade my SD card and all my Splatoon 2 patch data was on the SD card so I had to delete it and then redownload after changing cards.

Thank you!!!

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Pre-Patch: All 4 player FFA with items.

Post-Patch: 6 matches in and all 1v1 no items Omega stages 3 stock. Exactly what I want. Only thing that sometimes differs is the time.

Perfect!! All of them have been lag free too to be honest. Those 6 matches have been the best smash online experiences I've ever had.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
why are people overreacting ?
I assume the balancing done will be very minor and was stuff intended at launch that got pushed. and obviously bug fixing, though it'd be nice to have detailed notes about said changes.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Well, first online matches after updating were a revelation: no lag and 1vs1 as chosen. That lasted for five, six battles. The rest of my session, other fifteen battles or so, have returned to the old ways. I have been playing duels for days, so no change in that regard, but in these conditions, trying to play is a waste of time.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Now all I need is that when the host of a lobby exits, the next player could become the host, instead of closing the entire lobby.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I never set preferred rules. How likely are the matchmaking changes to increase the number of no items, Fox only, Final Destination matches I get placed in?

I don't mind these matches occasionally but as a Link player I feel bad for my opponents since they don't have terrain or platforms to evade my projectile shower, and without items most characters don't have the tools to keep up.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Would be nice if they actually gave us proper patch notes for balance like a fighting game should.

Also i still would prefer just having For Glory instead of praying on the off chance i dont get thrown into a 4 player match. And you still cant change your character between rematches like in Smash 4. Give us an option to do that.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if they actually gave us proper patch notes for balance like a fighting game should.

Also i still would prefer just having For Glory instead of praying on the off chance i dont get thrown into a 4 player match. And you still cant change your character between rematches like in Smash 4. Give us an option to do that.
At a bare minimum it should just let us decline any matches other than our preferred rules.

I'm tired of getting into 3 stock, 3 minute matches with the opponent trying to badly timer scam lol.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I assume they haven't fixed the fact you have to keep reselecting your character between rounds in Smash mode.

Fuck, I hope they fix this too. What the hell is that about? The game remembers the names if I back out of Smash into other modes, but playing Squad Strike games back to back resets them? What the fuck?

It's extremelly annoying because my SO and myself use different control schemes, so I can't even set the default to mine and call it a day; and considering Squad is pretty much the only mode we play in versus...

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they fix the character unlock bug to skip the grind? I will avoid until done if so.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah dang, figured I could convert my replays over the weekend. Ah well.

Better preferred matchmaking is great. Unlike most people I actually WANT to play 4-player FFAs, but 9 out of 10 times I was getting matched in 1v1 matches. Hope to see some improvement!

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never understood the challenger approaching thing being difficult. I frequently beat them without taking damage and all i do is spam smash attacks.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only change I'd like is a rebalancing of the CPUs so that they're actually fun to fight. The way that they aggressively read your inputs means that you have to be entirely counter-oriented when fighting them, which is an extremely boring way of playing that isn't really representative of the game's strengths.

In Brawl and 4, I could have entire tournaments with myself against level 9 CPUs and enjoy it. Now I can barely get through a single match with one, and when I do win it feels like random luck mixed with obscene patience.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
The only change I'd like is a rebalancing of the CPUs so that they're actually fun to fight. The way that they aggressively read your inputs means that you have to be entirely counter-oriented when fighting them, which is an extremely boring way of playing that isn't really representative of the game's strengths.

In Brawl and 4, I could have entire tournaments with myself against level 9 CPUs and enjoy it. Now I can barely get through a single match with one, and when I do win it feels like random luck mixed with obscene patience.

They read your inputs less than Smash 4 and Brawl. They were awfully too defensive in those with their frame-perfect air dodges.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Never understood the challenger approaching thing being difficult. I frequently beat them without taking damage and all i do is spam smash attacks.
For me it was hard or super easy. Some rivaled lvl 8-9 (prob 9) computers from what I fought. I played against a level 8 in training and actually had an easier time. Then other times it was like fighting a level 1, no damage like you said. Maybe it's different for everyone?

Oct 25, 2017
How many players should take president over everything else. Sure, you may not get 3 stocks every time, but if you select 1v1, you should only get 1v1 matches

It definitely should, but tweaking the relative importance of preferences is probably going to change over time. Releasing the game without a beta probably hurt matchmaking more than anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
Not quite the flavor like those ARMS patch notes had.

Tried playing post patch online last night, and every single match lagged, rather than just a handful.

I did get 1v1 every match, but sometimes that meant items, and only 1 match out of 30+ had my exact rules (omega stages).
So I still get items, stage hazards, and sometimes just smash ball which made me realizw that I never quite understood how lame that item was.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Played Smash competitively right through since Brawl and i was getting bodied by the new challengers. It was a nice change but some of the time it felt unfair and i imagine that's the thinking behind the change.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Can't speak for how Preferred Rules worked for Quick Matches prior to the patch, but I always ended up with 1v1s and no items. No lag or input delay, either.

My choice to wait until they got some of the kinks ironed out paid off, it seems. Wish the same was the case for some of you.

Nope. This is one thing I'd like addressed.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to update, got challenged by Falco as Bowser and he 0 to deathed me lmao. I wonder how much they've tuned the difficulty on challengers.

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Good to know about the challenger thing. I got bodied by a few characters where they were doing some pretty advanced stuff. I was just like wtf being totally unprepared for it lol.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Pre-Patch: All 4 player FFA with items.

Post-Patch: 6 matches in and all 1v1 no items Omega stages 3 stock. Exactly what I want. Only thing that sometimes differs is the time.

Perfect!! All of them have been lag free too to be honest. Those 6 matches have been the best smash online experiences I've ever had.
The time probably differs sometimes because the one yer fighting with has it set on that time so it switches between your and his rules

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Played a little Duck Hunt Dog this morning. Can anybody confirm if they changed his can or if I just didn't notice this behavior? When kicking his can, if you let it land and rest, you could move it again by pressing B. Before there wasn't much of a delay. This morning it felt like I had to press B more than once to start moving the can again if it ever was at rest on the ground.