• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
What would be really useful everyday life breakthroughs that are, perhaps, actually impossible to achieve that you think would be almost, if not actually, revolutionary for our societies?

Let's list some examples:

- a bath towel that always stays dry while you're using it.

- a type of coffee that always tastes fresh even when it's been brewed a week before

- a type of deodorant that always makes you look and smell like you just came out of the shower

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
sexy butt juice

it's juice you drink that gives you a sexy butt

not highly attractive liquid that comes from the butt

OP
OP
Max|Payne

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Highly contagious vaccines
Wzlm9xX.gif

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
A smart washing machine that washes everything you put in at the same time at their optimal setting.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
It might already exist, but an app I point at my food that counts calories for me. And I don't mean barcode scanning, but I show it a chick breast on rice and it tells me what's up.

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's crazy tho with all the tech advances batteries are still way behind relatively

There are arguments to be made it's further ahead than anything in tech. The industry has existed for way longer than the entire tech sector and to me it feels like this is more of an issue of "we have been close to the limitations of what can be physically done for a long time". I am certainly no battery expert though 🤷‍♀️.

Oct 25, 2017
Converting them thoughts into accurate sounds- beyond being able to transcribe things on the go with a better accuracy than microphones, composing music by thought opens some mad creative possibilities. Or it turns out we'd all make the same shit.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A pill that can make you not need sleep. I have two kids and I'm exhausted. I feel like I would enjoy my time with them so much more if I wasn't feeling dead-tired all day every day. I sleep a third or half at best of what I used to and it's split into two. I basically don't have nights anymore, I have naps.

And I would love one of them cure for baldness, but I don't think it would really change my life as much.

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
Give me a smartphone app were I can set a go/no-go zone for my cats.
It's 2021 and my vacuum cleaner is smarter than my cats! Get on it scientists.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
A single piece of software that doesn't suck ass. It's been theorized to be possible, but never achieved.
Also a pill that makes me happy would be great.

Oct 28, 2017
There are arguments to be made it's further ahead than anything in tech. The industry has existed for way longer than the entire tech sector and to me it feels like this is more of an issue of "we have been close to the limitations of what can be physically done for a long time". I am certainly no battery expert though 🤷‍♀️.

With the current materials we probably are, from what I understand. Stuff like graphene batteries could be a breakthrough, but we'll have to see when they become more than experimental concepts

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Vegetables that taste like chocolate. We'd be looking at effectively killing obesity, along with combating most of our top 15 killers in the US. (Heart Disease, Hyper tension, cancer, etc), meat/dairy production would go bankrupt and that would lower emissions by about 1/3rd and put a drastic cap on mass deforestation, over fishing, and destruction of sea beds from fishing nets, along with millions of tons of fishing equipment being dumped in the ocean.

OP
OP
Max|Payne

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Vegetables that taste like chocolate. We'd be looking at effectively killing obesity, along with combating most of our top 15 killers in the US. (Heart Disease, Hyper tension, cancer, etc), meat/dairy production would go bankrupt and that would lower emissions by about 1/3rd and put a drastic cap on mass deforestation, over fishing, and destruction of sea beds from fishing nets, along with millions of tons of fishing equipment being dumped in the ocean.
Eh, I don't know. When I bite into something, my brain expects it to taste like it should. If I were to bite into a carrot and it tastes like chocolate, I think I would have a pretty negative reaction.

Dec 30, 2020
Computer viruses that perform proper maintenance on your computer.

Shower heads that hum when they're at the proper temperature, and scream "LOOK THE FUCK OUT!!!" when a sensor picks up a dramatic incoming temperature flux.

A crisper bin that auto-sorts fruit and veg with the oldest to the front.

A pillow that can apply a sleeper-hold.

Slippers with soles like sneakers.

A shot dispenser for laundry detergent.

A mood-ring headband that can broadcast danger warnings to people when you need to be left the hell alone.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
A printer that prints forever on regular paper and the ink stays on the paper and it never needs toner, cartridges, refilling, or anything.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
A time machine that only works on leftovers. You put your leftovers in the machine and then can reach in and grab them when you're hungry later.

A time machine that stops time around you when you go to sleep so you can get a full night's sleep regardless of all other circumstances.

A translator for PR speak.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
A fully automated and easy to store way to iron your clothes.

Dry cleaners exist of course, and you can steam clothes or hang them in your bathroom whilst showering but I just want a simple device you can keep at home that you plug in, turn on and your clothes are all ironed in like an hour tops.

Ironing is one of the most annoyingly outdated things in home life that's seen basically no push towards automation unlike washing clothes or dishes (not that I have a dishwasher)

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Still holding out for wireless energy to become a thing, wont have to worry about battery capacity once your phone is sitting at 100% always

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I enjoy eating as much as anyone but I do not enjoy cooking or preparing food, not in the slightest, so a pill that has everything you need for the day calorie-wise, vitamin-wise, etc. Makes you feel full and satisfied. Get up, pop one of these bad boys and it releases the calories, etc that you need through the course of the day. Sign me up. No food prep, food make, food clean up. Lazy people rejoice. Does not replace cooking and the like but I'd be down to try it out.

Nov 23, 2017
Plants that can grow indoors. Not just weird waxy leaf plants, but full out garden vegetables. Grown in any conditions, lack of full sunlight, lack of regular watering…

One I've been saying for a while, a shrinking credit card as you reach your credit limit (or whatever limit you impose). I have a small credit line on my favorite card, so I tend to max it out and pay it off once or twice a month. It'd be nice to know that I don't have enough on it to cover a purchase. Or like a digital bar that goes down. Because the worst is being in a store that blocks my signal and I can't verify my available credit before getting to the register.
Digital currency really warps our perspective of money. We spend differently with cash than with cards.