• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon says my NR200 will be arriving Wedenesday. Excited to migrate my old system into it before upgrading it!

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about Nvidia's next gen GPUs and beyond. Any news about ITX variations of those?

On the AMD front, is the 5700 ITX gone or just very hard to find? Been thinking about upgrading to it, but I'm scared about the price point. For now, the 2060 Mini looks appealing at $300, but I'm not sure if it's possible it will go any lower.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Any opinions on the Cooler Master MasterBox NP200? Seems like a cheaper alternative to the NCase M1, but slightly larger.

Still better than NZXT's mammoth-sized "ITX" cases though.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Amazon says my NR200 will be arriving Wedenesday. Excited to migrate my old system into it before upgrading it!
Mine just came today. Hopefully yours ships faster

Any opinions on the Cooler Master MasterBox NP200? Seems like a cheaper alternative to the NCase M1, but slightly larger.

I think a lot of people are going to get that. I just got mine today for my first new build in seven years

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

It's a fantastic entry to small form factor PCs. Under 20L, so it's still smaller than ATX cases but still roomy and easy to build in. I was planning to get this case until I discovered the FormD T1.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Getting me a Cooler Master NR200 this Wednesday (assuming no delays) and got an odd question that I hope someone can answer for me: If I have it configured for either one or two 120mm fans to exhaust at the top, would it negatively affect a cpu air cooler (such as the Noctua NH - C14S)?

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Getting me a Cooler Master NR200 this Wednesday (assuming no delays) and got an odd question that I hope someone can answer for me: If I have it configured for either one or two 120mm fans to exhaust at the top, would it negatively affect a cpu air cooler (such as the Noctua NH - C14S)?
It shouldn't. Though I've seen if you're doing that, you should turn the card around and have the cooler intake the air from the back of the case. You're cpu will get fresh air, and the top fans will get rid of the heat.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
It shouldn't. Though I've seen if you're doing that, you should turn the card around and have the cooler intake the air from the back of the case. You're cpu will get fresh air, and the top fans will get rid of the heat.
would the same idea apply to a low profile style cooler to basically pull in air from the vented side panel?

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
My plan for the NR200 is having the C14S as exhaust towards the side panel, a 92mm rear intake, and 2x120mm bottom intake below GPU. That was going to be my layout if/when I move to an NCASE so I figured I'd stick with it. I might also use the included 2x120mm top fans as intake as well. Basically intake at all angles and exhaust out the side.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I wished I ordered my NR200 earlier instead of sitting on it until late July...amazon said mid Sept when I put in the order but there's been no release date since.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I wished I ordered my NR200 earlier instead of sitting on it until late July...amazon said mid Sept when I put in the order but there's been no release date since.
Did you order the one with the glass? I ordered the normal one, and I didn't get a shipping date till two days before release. I ordered mine late July too.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Oh snap, I'm part of the NR200 club now? AYYYYEEEEE
Arriving Sep 8 - Oct 5
mjcry1.png

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'll be getting one next month mostly for a media center, to play some old GameCube and ps2 games and to run the occasional new release at lower resolutions. https://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC-Mainstream-Kit-NUC8i7BEH/dp/B07GX69JQP will this one with some good ram suffice?

Okay fuck it, why not try this out instead?

ASRock Deskmini A300W - $151.99
AMD Ryzen 3400G - $148.99
Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 - $67.99
Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State - $59.99
Noctua NH-l9a Low Profile CPU Cooler - $39.90

That's $468.95 for a complete setup, pre-tax, obviously. With the Intel NUC you linked you'll need to still stack on RAM and SSD, meaning you're looking at bare minimum $600-650.

The Deskmini has two internal M.2 slots and two old-fashioned SATA connectors, so you can have up to four drives in there at once in various flavors to serve your media needs.

It looks like in the end that the Intel Core i7-8559U in the NUC is marginally faster than the AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, but the 3400G kicks the pants off the i7 in the graphics department meaning that you'll get a much better experience with games on the Ryzen's GPU versus what the Intel is packing.

This is what I've been considering putting together myself when the 4000 series AMD chips drops as well as the updated Deskmini that supports them.

Of course, there's no real prices available yet for either part so by the time I price everything out I'll likely get scared off.

Last edited:

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any other cases exactly like the Inwin Chopin and Inwin B1? Small and with iGPU only? Want to stay also <$100

Want the Gold rated and higher wattage power supply of the B1 but the mesh design for better thermals of the Chopin. Also I love that the case comes with power supply as it looks like it keeps the cost down
i bought this a long time ago for alot of money.

www.techpowerup.com

Origen AE M10 Review

Origen AE has taken their legendary construction quality down to a mini ITX platform with their newest HTPC chassis - the M10. It is made of two thick pieces of aluminum and features an external, passive 150W power brick - two aspects you won't get anywhere else. But is this enough to justify...

PapaGoob

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Finally got my hands on an NZXT H1. I fell in love with the small vertical design once I saw it and the Xbox Series X. Especially as I have a pretty small desk where room is somewhat tight. Building in it was extremely easy. Best case I've ever built in.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Finally got my hands on an NZXT H1. I fell in love with the small vertical design once I saw it and the Xbox Series X. Especially as I have a pretty small desk where room is somewhat tight. Building in it was extremely easy. Best case I've ever built in.

Nice! I was considering this case, but ultimately passed as I kept reading it could get hot in there due to suboptimal airflow. What are your temps like?

PapaGoob

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Nice! I was considering this case, but ultimately passed as I kept reading it could get hot in there due to suboptimal airflow. What are your temps like?

They're actually much better than I anticipated.

I have a 3700x and it stays really cool with the built in 140mm AIO cooler. Idle temps mid 30's to low 40's. Gaming temps from low 50's to low 60's depending on the CPU intensity of the game.

GPU temps on the other hand were a little high. With a 2080 Super Founders Edition it was getting up to the low 80's (at 1440p resolution). However, using a custom fan curve and undervolt with MSI Afterburner brought the temps down to low 70's.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Got my HTPC moved into the NR200 tonight. Really fun to "build" in (more like move into, but whatever). I'll be redoing it when I upgrade this system, but I can't really imagine trying to do any smaller a SFF build, I think anything smaller would drive me insane.

I'm using an X52 AIO for the CPU (6700k) cooler with a 980, NF-A12s on the rad as intake and two on the bottom for intake. Might be begging for dust in that config and we'll see. Running no exhaust fans right now, we'll see how that goes.

n0q7X5f.jpg

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know when the next shipment of NR200p will arrive in the US? I ordered mine in July 30th from Amazon and at the time it said mid September for fulfillment but it has no date of shipment currently.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know when the next shipment of NR200p will arrive in the US? I ordered mine in July 30th from Amazon and at the time it said mid September for fulfillment but it has no date of shipment currently.

My normal NR200 order on Amazon never updated with a release date at all. It just notified me when it shipped.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Got my Cooler Master NR200

Transferred my itx system from a Phanteks Evolv Shift Air into it.

ByVigxo.jpg

I never thought I'd be hyped over having a case that can actually exhaust its heat lol

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up for those of you with nr200 thinking about going with an aio cooler and mounting it in the radiator on bottom configuration

Basically having the pump at the highest portion of the loop causes air to be trapped in the pump...impeding circulation, causing cooler/pump whine noise and overall diminishing life cycle of the cooler

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Heads up for those of you with nr200 thinking about going with an aio cooler and mounting it in the radiator on bottom configuration

Basically having the pump at the highest portion of the loop causes air to be trapped in the pump...impeding circulation, causing cooler/pump whine noise and overall diminishing life cycle of the cooler

I was just about to post this! I saw this in the PC Build thread and just finished watching the whole video. Luckily, a flipped FormD T1 has the radiator at the top with tubes down, so I'll never get air bubbles in my pump.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for those of you with the NR200P. Has anyone here tried air cooling with the glass panel? I'm curious if the Scythe Fuma 2 will fit and what are its temps if it does. If not, what are some good aftermarket CPU air coolers that would are compatible with the glass panel configuration?

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have a question for those of you with the NR200P. Has anyone here tried air cooling with the glass panel? I'm curious if the Scythe Fuma 2 will fit and what are its temps if it does. If not, what are some good aftermarket CPU air coolers that would are compatible with the glass panel configuration?

The Fuma 2 fits, according to this guy; he has the glass panel as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/ib6xqn/nr200p_with_scythe_fuma_2

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Ghost Sheet for the H1 and you have to rip off the pads and replace the screws on the H1 to use. Sorta mixed on returning it cuz I have to pay for return shipping. I might just keep it for now even tho it cost me $65

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SG14 successor to SG13?

Loved SG13, this one looks good to me and looks smaller than CM NR
If they keep the price similar if not just slightly more than a SG13, they have an instant winner.

Last edited:

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for video of SG14, I found this 2020 CES Footage, but what really caught my eye was their ML10 which should be coming out.
www.youtube.com

CES 2020: SilverStone Debuts the ML10, SG14, and LD03-AF Cases

SilverStone had a trio of new mini-ITX form factor cases to announce at CES 2020. The biggest surprise was the ML10, a ~3L case that is barely bigger than an...

ml10-dimension.jpg

I'm looking at the elevated top cover for bigger CPU clearance. Just worry on pricing/availability of a compatible power supply

Last edited:

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Fitting regular ATX PSU and also being able to fit a massive tower air cooler makes the Sugo 14 interesting even if it's not as sleek as most other ITX cases. I imagine it'll be priced similarly to the NR200, if not cheaper, Silverstone is usually pretty competitive on pricing.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Does anyone here happen to have the Fractal Core 500 and the NR200? I'm curious to see them side by side. I like my FC 500, but if I can go smaller, still keep a full-length GPU and have a better airflow, then I'll swap out.