• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.cnbc.com

Small business rescue loan program hits $349 billion limit and is now out of money

The Small Business Administration's rescue loan program hit its $349 billion limit on Thursday and is now out of money.

The Small Business Administration's rescue loan program hit its $349 billion limit on Thursday and is now out of money as the nation's top Republicans and Democrats struggle to agree on how to restore its funds.

The Small Business Administration website reads that it is "unable to accept new applications for the Paycheck Protection Program based on available appropriations funding. Similarly, we are unable to enroll new PPP lenders at this time."

giphy.gif

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've been fielding calls all morning on this...FML! We have over 7k sitting in queue to sent to E-Tran. What the fuck at I supposed to tell everyone ?!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The US response to this mess has been woefully inadequate at all levels.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
SBA could have just dropped it from the sky and it would have been better than this shit show.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I feel terrible for all of the businesses that did not get funds, hopefully something is approved wuickly

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Guarantee the big wigs created companies to launder billions of the stimulus into their coffers. With no transparency no one knows.

stormplyr

Oct 29, 2017
Looks like my company was too late lol. Helped the boss fix up his application all day yesterday. So I'll probably be laid off soon as he won't lay his kids off first or cut their pay. I work for and with idiots.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Yes. Production is reduced but we were slightly lucky to already be can heavy. Our draft accounts (aside from the taproom) were pretty limited already. Made the transition slightly less painful but sales are still down by quite a bit after a small surge at the beginning.

That is good news. Here in SC the state has finally started loosening distribution regulations, but the Brewers who relied mostly on taproom sales are really getting hit. :(

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wife's law firm didn't get the funds in time now everyone is being laid off. I hate this planet

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Glad my boss was able to get all the paperwork ready before the application process started. We are still fully open but depending on how long this goes that could change.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Guarantee the big wigs created companies to launder billions of the stimulus into their coffers. With no transparency no one knows.

The article I read said the average loan was $240,000. Seemed like a high amount since I read they were basing it off of 10% of expenses and my wife got 1k for her business.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, from folks i know it sounded like a huge ass clusterfuck. You basically had to be ready once the application process started because they were sure the money was going to run out fast.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The term "small business" is about as honest and logical as "corporations are people" and "small family farm" - since it includes everything from some fucker registering his private jet as a business to reduce taxes to multi billion dollar investment funds. Indeed it's those extremes that wield the most direct influence through normal political corruption - but made vastly worse by Citizens United which is arguably the most destructive Supreme Court decision in history.

For one thing, without Citizens United - you likely don't have Trump.

American small businesses represent the "single" largest employer but the five man plumbing company or the craft brewery you're thinking of are not the whole story and not the most profound beneficiaries of small business legislation.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
We applied the day it was available. Almost 2 weeks now and no movement whatsoever. Bank gives the same, canned response every day.

Considering taking a voluntary layoff just to help out....

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Our business sent in our application the day applications opened. Then we had to refile 2 days later because our bank told us all the paperwork changed. Over the last week we've had to send in two more sets of additional info because, once again, our bank told us the paperwork changed. We finally got a notice Monday night that our paperwork was processing.

Fuck.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People reeeeaaallllly underestimated just how much money would be needed.

The problem is longevity.

350 bill divided by 10k would help 35 million small businesses. The problem is 10k isn't enough for the length of time.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Congress needs to pull their heads out of their asses, stop trying to add conditions, and re-fund this today.

We've been left in the cold even though we had everything submitted on day one.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What a cluster fuck. I have no doubt the vast majority of this went to people who didn't need it.

Venuslulu

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't have prior relationships with most of my local banks when it came to loans.

Was not allowed to submit. Lol