• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr-sly-pic.gif

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Well I guess this means that Sony is aiming much bigger than just an animated movie if they are actually going for an actual 52 episode run. All be it 11 minutes each, but that still comes out to a pretty good run all things considered.

Can't wait to actually see some more previews of it before it comes out (if we are so lucky to get it).

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Probably better this way than going for a full-length movie that would probably tank*, but I still hate the designs (sans Bentley who looks the most decent of the bunch).

They should really go for something for akin to how the games look, stylized and animated. This looks so utterly generic which is a shame because the games had a certain charm to them which made them stick out in the PS2 generation.

*I looked up employee reviews of Rainmaker (who made the R&C movie and the planned Sly film) via LinkedIn and Glassdoor, it's a shitshow working there. Probably explains why the Ratchet movie was utter garbage. A blessing they're not doing it anymore.

Trilobit

Mar 31, 2018
Redesigned as he should.

Oh, you must have fancied the Spyro redesign also I presume.
spyro.png

It's one thing to redesign a character for new gen graphics, the way Nintendo has. But it's one thing completely different to take away the 'soul' and charm of a specific character. Sly looks more like a common thief, rather than the handsome George Clooney/Robin Hood-styled heist thief he used to be.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Miller better be voicing Sly, he has literally been pushing for this for years with his "Give Sly Cooper His Own Animated Series" campaign. He said he wasn't cast in the originally planned movie which this seems to be an offshoot of, so that's concerning.

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, you must have fancied the Spyro redesign also I presume.
spyro.png

It's one thing to redesign a character for new gen graphics, the way Nintendo has. But it's one thing completely different to take away the 'soul' and charm of a specific character. Sly looks more like a common thief, rather than the handsome George Clooney/Robin Hood-styled heist thief he used to be.
I was referring to Sly 4 redesign but the CGI one is not bad either.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Those are promo shots for Sly 4 yeah. I don't think Le Paradox will be in the show. From what I know the show is basically a bunch of adventures they go through. It doesn't really fit in the timeline of any of the games so they're kinda non-canon.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've been wanting a Sly Cooper show for ages. I have no idea why Sony takes forever to bring their IPs to animation. There should have been Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and even Little Big Planet cartoons by now. It's a market they refuse to tap into. I'd have loved a PlayStation All Stars cartoon, done in a format similar to Captain N, where the characters cross over and interact with one another across their worlds. Sigh.

Definitely excited about this one. 52 episodes is surprising. They must have a lot of faith in the product to order so many.

May 5, 2018
Smart idea to turn this project into a show rather than a movie, which work out POORLY for Ratchet and Clank. Also, this has to be better than that upcoming Mega Man show right?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting a Sly Cooper show for ages. I have no idea why Sony takes forever to bring their IPs to animation. There should have been Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and even Little Big Planet cartoons by now. It's a market they refuse to tap into. I'd have loved a PlayStation All Stars cartoon, done in a format similar to Captain N, where the characters cross over and interact with one another across their worlds. Sigh.

It's what they should have done with their short lived "We're making TV shows for PSN!" initiative instead of doing Powers.

Creepy Woody

Nov 11, 2017
Australia
I guess they will use this to gauge interest in a new game.

Now that Ratchet is basically dead (Insomniac seems to have moved on, I definitely think after Spiderman they will move on to even more popular franchises, not back to Ratchet), they need another platformer which is kind of kid friendly.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
This is awesome. Really hope it comes to Netflix and does well because the way the Sly series has been left is criminal.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope it's dead. The URL at the OP's domain is a dead link, and there's no mention on the animators page.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that sucks. I freaking love the Sly games, so seeing an animated series would've been really cool. Especially if it meant a Sly 5.