• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017
d0c1a2989ebf6e2bc514e9d8072d1547f282e355.jpeg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INi3qP1oWlY

slipknot1.com

Home — Slipknot

The Official Website of Slipknot

slipknot1.lnk.to

Slipknot - The End, So Far

Listen to The End, So Far by Slipknot.

Track Listing:
1. Adderall
2. The Dying Song (Time to Sing)
3. The Chapeltown Rag
4. Yen
5. Hivemind
6. Warranty
7. Medicine for the Dead
8. Acidic
9. Heirloom
10. H377
11. De Sade
12. Finale

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
It still looks like they're doing the same song over and over again since The Gray Chapter.

I can't say exactly why I have this impression, maybe it's insistence on putting a clean chorus or something like that.

Oct 27, 2017
It still looks like they're doing the same song over and over again since The Gray Chapter.

I can't say exactly why I have this impression, maybe it's insistence on putting a clean chorus or something like that.

I really like We Are Not Your Kind, but I do get what you mean. This new track and Chapeltown Rag being next to each other in the track listing just feels like they blend into each other. I sort of like both but hope there's more to the album than that.

Still, Slipknot are one of the only remaining bands I'll stay up until 1am to repeatedly listen to a new song drop for an hour, and I think I'll order the vinyl.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I liked We Are Not Your Kind far more than I expected I would, so I'm cautiously optimistic. However, prior to that, I wasn't a fan of their output since Vol 3 outside a few songs.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
WANYK was such a breath of fresh air after The Gray Chapter and a lot of AHIG.

Someone needs to gif Clown spinning around in that video.
I had almost written them off and just accepted I was going to be a fan of their early stuff with a few songs sprinkled in from album 4&5.

New two new songs are OK. We'll see what happens with the rest.

lol adderall? So dumb

I still fucking love that first album. This new song is….bad. Stop with the singing already.
Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen. Corey is pushing 50. There is a lot of wear and tear on those vocals chords at this point due to being an alcoholic and not really having a vocal coach until much later in his career.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's the fastest turnaround on a Slipknot album since Iowa into Vol. 3.

Neither of the two singles are doing much for me coming off of We Are Not Your Kind, which to be fair was an album I didn't expect to be as good as it was.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's the fastest turnaround on a Slipknot album since Iowa into Vol. 3.

Neither of the two singles are doing much for me coming off of We Are Not Your Kind, which to be fair was an album I didn't expect to be as good as it was.
It helps Stone Sour got put on the back burner so Corey didn't have to go do an album and tour with them for 2-3 years.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell fucking yes

Saw them a few months back in NYC and it was the best show I have ever attended

Where is that vinyl pre-order Corey

EDIT: Pink Record here

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good. I love Slipknot, though. They've had their bumps here and there, but they are keeping a genre alive (at least main stream wise) that I love.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Similar to Chapelton, Dying Song took a few spins to click, but I dig it

I do miss the experimental elements of Not Your Kind, but I appreciate the aggression shown on the two recent tracks

Corey sounds mean

Stop with the singing already.
Implying that Snuff, Vermillion 2, and Circle aren't top ten Knot tracks

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I don't listen to Slipknot as much as I used to in HS due to moving on to other genres of metal, I've always loved their performances. It just doesn't feel the same anymore after Joey and Paul passed away, and then Chris saying he was always treated like shit by the band. Too much has changed. I've actually enjoyed Corey's side projects and acoustic stuff more in recent years, his voice is great.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
They're not the type of music I'd listen to everyday, but as someone who was born in Iowa I support them. I saw them live in 2008ish (I remember the drummer had some cool kit that pretty much spun upside down) with Coheed and Cambria and that's to this day the best live show I've seen yet.

I still really, really want an album with softer music entirely in the style of Vermillion Pt. 2 though, I love that song.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IDGAF, I love Slipknot and I love that Corey Taylor sings cleans. Song is pretty good, had no idea a new album was coming.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Kinda feels like a Vol 3 b side with a Vol 4 chorus. Another Slipknot album with a horrible guitar sound also

Oct 30, 2017
I was really into slipknot in the day, then fell off and hated nu metal.

I came back and slipknot is legit. Everything including vol3 is gold, and then ahig and .5 are meh, and then we are not your kind is great again.

This is…decent.

Merriweather

Oct 29, 2017
I still really, really want an album with softer music entirely in the style of Vermillion Pt. 2 though, I love that song.

They recorded another album at the time of All Hope Is Gone that is supposed be more acoustic and experimental. They keep saying they'll release it "when the time is right" but it's been a few years since they started teasing that.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
lol adderall? So dumb

I still fucking love that first album. This new song is….bad. Stop with the singing already.

Almost every one of their most beloved songs have singing in them, generally specifically in the chorus...from Wait and Bleed to Spit It Out to Duality to Before I Forget.

I know people would love more songs like Surfacing and the like but as mentioned above, can't keep that shit up for 30+ years without permanently damaging your voice without doing it properly/taking on a vocal coach, which Corey only learned how to do in the past like..5 years? So lots of damage already done.

Like as great of a singer as Corey is, he's not someone who traditionally has been taking care of his voice, especially in those early years.

Compare and contrast to a metal singer like Birttney Slayes, where pretty much all she ever focuses on is taking care of her voice and she talks pretty extensively about how to scream words/sentences without damaging her voice.

Implying that Snuff, Vermillion 2, and Circle aren't top ten Knot tracks

Or like I said, basically every one of their most popular songs!

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Saw them a few months back in NYC and it was the best show I have ever attended

I saw them in the early 2000's with System of a Down & Mudvayne. I think it may be the best concert I have ever attended. It was quite a night, with all 3 acts kicking out extremely high energy sets and the crowd was 1000% into each one. Hit aftet hit after hit. All three have super crunchy metal and power chords overlayed with melodic singing. They each complimented each other very well.

Fun to people watch at concerts like that too. Quite the cast of characters in the crowd!

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Always funny when bands have this small subset of old fans who still believe/wish a band would all of a sudden go back to a sound they haven't used in like 20 years.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, nothing really bad about the song its just nothing that impresses me. Pretty generic honestly.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
too "scream-y" for me, harking back to early Slipknot which I also didn't like (I realize im a very small minority in this opinion of course)

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Almost every one of their most beloved songs have singing in them, generally specifically in the chorus...from Wait and Bleed to Spit It Out to Duality to Before I Forget.

I know people would love more songs like Surfacing and the like but as mentioned above, can't keep that shit up for 30+ years without permanently damaging your voice without doing it properly/taking on a vocal coach, which Corey only learned how to do in the past like..5 years? So lots of damage already done.
It's honestly impressive as all hell the range he has on his clean singing given the damage he's done to himself screaming improperly. I know he's talked about really fucking himself up recording Iowa.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
I saw them in the early 2000's with System of a Down & Mudvayne. I think it may be the best concert I have ever attended. It was quite a night, with all 3 acts kicking out extremely high energy sets and the crowd was 1000% into each one. Hit aftet hit after hit. All three have super crunchy metal and power chords overlayed with melodic singing. They each complimented each other very well.

Fun to people watch at concerts like that too. Quite the cast of characters in the crowd!
This was "The Pledge of Allegiance Tour" in 2001. It also had Rammstein on the bill! It came through two weeks after 9/11 for us. The atmosphere in that stadium was something else.
To this day, that is still my favorite concert of all time (and I've been to many, MANY concerts).

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
too "scream-y" for me, harking back to early Slipknot which I also didn't like (I realize im a very small minority in this opinion of course)
I totally agree with you, I only like some of the more popular songs "Wait and Bleed", "Spit", etc. I was younger and more angry then though. I LOVE Stone Sour much more than Slipknot. House of Gold and bones is to this day one of my favorite (double) albums.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I totally agree with you, I only like some of the more popular songs "Wait and Bleed", "Spit", etc. I was younger and more angry then though. I LOVE Stone Sour much more than Slipknot. House of Gold and bones is to this day one of my favorite (double) albums.

heh... I used to love Wait and Bleed also (still appreciate it, if only for the drums), and yeah that's what I mean. For example I love Psychosocial or Devil in I, I prefer to actually understand what he's singing :(

Hell, one of my favorite Slipknot songs doesn't sound like a Slipknot song at all (well sorta), and it's Before I forget.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017

Oh hell that is a dream lineup for high school me haha

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I think the two new singles so far are just alright. Slipknot is one of my favorite acts, and I liked We Are Not Your Kind quite a bit, so I'm still hopeful that I'll like this new album.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
It's a decent song, but wouldn't be a standout on any album. The chorus isn't the worst sing songy chorus they have, and the rest is good. Corey's mask is really unsettling to me for some reason and I love the differences amongst the bands masks nowadays as they are quite varied.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I just don't get super excited for their new stuff any more. I seen Slipknot for the first time in 99 and was blown away. Been to many concert since and they are still fun band to see. Hope the full album is good.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally Slipknot has always been a band that has like 5-6 absolute fucking bangers but the rest of their library does nothing for me. Not hearing anything off of this new album so far that'll change that.

Aug 12, 2019
A little disappointed so far with these two new tracks, especially coming off We Are Not Your Kind which was genuinely a huge surprise in its quality right out the gate with its singles and just overall showed me the band was in a much better state than they had been in years. But I suppose it's hard to have lightning strike twice like that and the quick turnaround on the album also could mean these tracks are meant to be a little more raw than the 5 years it took them to eventually get WANYK fully developed and realized.

I definitely like The Dying Song a LOT more than Chapeltown Rag and I think technically there's lots of good performances to appreciate (Jim gives a great solo as always, I always loved Joey Jordison but when Jay gets into the right grooves like on this track he's really impressive too, and this might be the first time I've ever heard V-Man on bass that clearly). Hoping these tracks grow on me a little more, but I really need an Unsainted, Nero Forte, or Solway Firth type track to grab me.

Mask wise, Corey looks really damn solid here and Sid has an incredibly interesting one. The rest aren't really standing out too much though.

Also looking forward to seeing them live for the first time in a couple months as well.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
I am a big Slipknot fan and this is the first time I've ever stopped and thought that I wasn't feeling it. WANYK immediately hooked me when they released their singles before the full release, these aren't doing the same.