• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slimes for dinner?

• won't even hesitate

Votes: 291 66.0%
  • never ever

Votes: 150 34.0%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the texture? If they're textured like jelly/jello then I'm gonna take a fucking bite out of every slime I see. But if they're that kind of watery, slimy texture, like a jellyfish - I think I'm probably good..

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't eat things that were on the ground. Now if you clean it properly and maybe cook it in a soup, maybe.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've killed countless slimes for their pathetic 1 xp and 2 gold. Their lives have almost no value. Depending on texture (lime jello would be great), I would totally kill them to eat them.

I wouldn't try eating them live (not unless I was like starving to death or something, and killing the slimes made them disappear), because that's cruel, and there's no need to inflict pointless cruelty. Unless maybe they can't feel pain, and are able to grow back the lost portion.

I don't eat things that were on the ground. Now if you clean it properly and maybe cook it in a soup, maybe.
Common lore would suggest that slimes eat by absorbing and digesting the things they come in contact with. You could clean your hands by handling a slime (dead skin cells are supposedly easier for them to eat than live, healthy skin). Due to their constant omni-directional absorbing, their surface should always be 100% sanitary. No need for cooking, impossible to get food poisoning.

Unless you went with a bubble slime, and then they're 100% poison.

Eating a healslime would probably be similar to eating a medical herb (as in, probably a general wound-healing effect, but no antidote).

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Are King Slimes a more gourmet version of Slimes? Do they have a more complex flavor, such as lime with ginger notes?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I know I would

BdbE7iB.gif

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Yep, damn I'd go full monster rancher and farm them. Limes are expensive and I'd imagine you'd get more juice from a slime then a lime so winning. Only downside is you can't grate a lime into things...

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Considering I've always wanted to eat one, heck yeah. I love limes. Put those slimes in my mule.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Considering how monsters turning in humans is a plot point in Dragon Quest, I'm not sure if I want eat a Slime.

Maybe only if they are a bad one, eh.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Already had trouble slaying the sabretooth kittens in these games.
That and the school where monsters are like people I don't know how these games want me to feel sometimes.