• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017

Trailer:

It's 2D characters in a 3D world.

Edit: Can a mod put developer after Slime-san in the title.

arturo2666

Oct 25, 2017
tbh started watching the trailer before registering the title and was confused at why the demon world was separated into TERFs

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if we're in a 3d platformers resainnance, but I've gotta admit that getting a new Kao the Kangaroo and this in the span of 2 days sure means that something is moving.

The footage from IGN looked very cool

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about the trailer, but Slime-san is maybe the secret best indie platformer I've ever played so I'm interested

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I was a BIG fan of slime-san and its very retro-japanese visuals, and this game looks right up my alley in terms of aesthetics and and gameplay.
But I'd love to have an option to turn off the main character's voice.

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
Not a fan of her animations. Like, they're cool, but something feels a bit off. Looks very interesting otherwise!

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Absolutely can't wait for this. Finally got around to listening to the dev interview a bit more in depth. Seems like it'll be a fairly expansive game!

Here's a quote from the accompanying article
Demon Turf's colourful world - marked by its 2D characters in 3D environments - is split into multiple areas, each of which will change dramatically and can be re-explored once you liberate them from their resident demon gang. There's also a hub town filled with sidequests and challenges to explore - including Photo Hunt, which rewards you for taking selfies in hidden areas of "surprising events".

Deleted member 59

I really liked slime-san and the world design here looks great, but the character really doesn't look like she belongs in the levels, and looks a bit floaty as if she's not there (i can't really describe what i mean well, but something seems off), she also seems to animate slower than the world, which is off-putting to me.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
was on board until I saw the character animation. Still, I'll bite if people end up really liking it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Looks super fun, I don't mind the 2D-character in the 3D world and the levels themselves are definitely giving me Mario 64/Banjo Kazooie vibes (not even counting the Bowser "inspired" level directly from Mario 64, haha.

I thought this was Switch exclusive at first but I should have know the footage was looking too good for an Indie Switch game. Hioefully it still ends up looking and performing OK on Switch, but if nit I might end up getting the PC version.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only complaint I have about the art style is that when the camera pans up or down the character weirdly squishes. (Also the slow spinning hop looks kinda funny)

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Looks promising. Getting Paper Mario vibes. Will patiently wait for a PS release.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
im following several indie projects on twitter with this 2d character in a 3d world aesthetic but this is the one im most excited for because it seems to feature the most explicit obstacle course platforming out of the bunch

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I was interested in Slime San untill I found out they had a Trump skin for the main character. They claimed he was just a well known figure to have in the game. Fuck this dev

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Slime-san is cool, so I'll keep an eye on this. The art style is nice, but I kinda wish the animation was a bit smoother.

Fabraz

Feb 22, 2018
New York
Yo! Bumping this as Demon Turf just got a demo (for the Steam Game Festival tomorrow):
store.steampowered.com

Demon Turf: Queens Edition on Steam

The ultimate version of the 3D Platformer with attitude! Join Beebz on three seperate adventures to ultimately claim the Demon Queen title! Jump, spin and punch your way across the turfs with this Expressive Platformer!

Hope y'all like it! <3

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Yo! Bumping this as Demon Turf just got a demo (for the Steam Game Festival tomorrow):
store.steampowered.com

The ultimate version of the 3D Platformer with attitude! Join Beebz on three seperate adventures to ultimately claim the Demon Queen title! Jump, spin and punch your way across the turfs with this Expressive Platformer!

Hope y'all like it! <3

Amazing! Thanks for the heads up.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The demo is great, and also surprisingly hefty. Don't sleep on this folks.

Fabraz

Feb 22, 2018
New York
Glad you dug the demo!! This new announcement might tide you over until the release of the main game then! :)

store.steampowered.com

Demon Turf: Trials on Steam

The 3D Platformer with attitude is out now, but you can play the Trials edition to get a feel for it! Check out the demo and compete in new challenge levels each week! Jump, spin and punch your way across these trials to become #1 in the leaderboards!

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Glad you dug the demo!! This new announcement might tide you over until the release of the main game then! :)

store.steampowered.com

The 3D Platformer with attitude is out now, but you can play the Trials edition to get a feel for it! Check out the demo and compete in new challenge levels each week! Jump, spin and punch your way across these trials to become #1 in the leaderboards!

Dang! Haven't seen anything like this since the Rayman Legends pre-release demo, awesome! Any chance this will come to the other platforms?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Hope y'all like it! <3
I guess I missed this demo?

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

store.steampowered.com

I'm assuming based on your language that you are one of the devs? I'd look into getting verified by mods (if you want).

Also, do you have any idea what this was about:
Yeah but it is though

Fabraz

Feb 22, 2018
New York
I guess I missed this demo?

It was for the Steam Game Festival! The free Trials version will likely remain there even after the main game launches! :)

I'm assuming based on your language that you are one of the devs? I'd look into getting verified by mods (if you want).

Also, do you have any idea what this was about:

I am, yup! I'll look into it!

And no, I have no idea what that is about, that cosmetic item makes fun of presidential hair being important. That's it!

Dang! Haven't seen anything like this since the Rayman Legends pre-release demo, awesome! Any chance this will come to the other platforms?

Glad you're hyped!! I am too!! I think it will be a TON of fun to compete. Trials will only be on Steam for now. Might change!

Last edited: