• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I really hate sleep, I feel like I'm wasting my time. Most nights I get 5-6 hours and feel fully energised. RIP.

Also how would you get anything done regularly sleeping 9 hours a night? lmao

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Even the study itself doesn't concede that. Suggests it needs to be investigated further.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, It's usually 4-5 hours on nights before work and like 10 hours when I'm off. I'm screwed!

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
LOL, I sleep less than 6 hours on weekdays and more than 9 hours on weekends

This is me lmao

Actually for 5 years I got 5 hours of sleep a day (and fully functional during the day) and like 10 on days off.

But now I get 6 hours a day and and 10 on weekends and it feels like I sleep too much lol

Fuck, It's usually 4-5 hours on nights before work and like 10 hours when I'm off. I'm screwed!

I feel like more than half of America is boned lmao

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Study released in 2 weeks: "Sleeping less than 6 hours or more than 9 hours decreases risk of having a heart attack"

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I sleep exactly 8 hours every day of the week. *Proceeds to die from heart attack.

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to sleep less than 6 hours but not by choice. It takes me a couple hours to fall asleep a lot of the time and I wake very easily, often multiple times a night.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the 6 hour part already known for awhile?

Didn't know the 9 hour part though, so that is probably more surprising, but I distinctly remember the 6 hour thing was pretty old.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From the abstract/intro page:

Conclusions
Prospective observational and MR analyses support short sleep duration as a potentially causal risk factor for MI. Investigation of sleep extension to prevent MI may be warranted.

The title suggests more confidence than the study.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
cmmw7v6bqkf11.jpg

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, if I take a nap in the afternoon does that add on to the time?

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
For a while I was doing the worst of both - 5.5 hours on weekdays, 10 hours on weekends. It wasn't working - I woke up tired every weekday and felt like I was wasting my weekends entirely.

About a year ago, I decided to try and get enough, more consistent sleep. These days, I'm pretty consistently sleeping 7-8 hours a night on both weekdays and weekends, and I feel a lot better for it.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is it nominal sleep time or the actual sleep time as recorded by like Fitbit and stuff?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I've been really trying to get a good solid 7 hours a night at least, would rather 8, but shit is hard to do. My schedule basically means I need to be in by 10am and asleep by 11 if I want 8 hours a night, which means I have a little over 3 hours a day from the time I get home to then to workout, eat, play with the dog and unwind. I think I average around 6 and change most nights according to my fitbit as I'll be in bed by 11 and then asleep by midnight with some bits of awake time during the night.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Sleep 5 hours on weekdays, sleep 10 hours on weekends. I'm fucked.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
LOL, I sleep less than 6 hours on weekdays and more than 9 hours on weekends
That's me too.

I also read that higher consumption of coffee is also linked to better heart health, so it evens out for me.

Thinking about it there's surely a sweet spot, where you life an additional hour or two per day by sleeping 5 hours which will beat the other option of sleeping 7 hours a day. Can't do the math here unfortunately since I'm too tired now...

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
well guess i will get fucked then. under the week i often sleep like 5 hours and on weekends its 10. The worst of both worlds, yay!

I can feel it coming, too. the last few weeks i had some weird pain in the left chest area.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I'm about 6-7 during the week, and 7-9 during weekends. So...not bad.

I used to sleep so much later on weekends in college/high school but those days are long gone.

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
From the abstract/intro page:

The title suggests more confidence than the study.
Do you mean the part about how sleep extensions prevent MI? that's not the what the study's result are about. It's basically a suggestion on how to expand the research further which you can find in many researches (unless I'm missing something then sorry). If you mean the first part then the CI is fine and the N is large enough as indicated by the CI.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Most days I sleep around 5-6 hours total. Weekends I can get as many as 8-10.

I am already dead aren't I?