• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today is 7th anniversary of Sleeping Dogs release. This game is one of the underrated open world gems that never got enough attention from Square Enix. So let's remember, remind and introduce people to this game and maybe just maybe make Square Enix notice that this series still has fans that want Sequel so much. If you have game already play it today or by the end of the week, if you don't have it you can get game on Steam for $2.99/2.99€

Also use this thread to share tour memories and impressions.

wJHEZBr.png

iKQDqjy.png

G9sxDiA.png

Samo6106

Feb 23, 2019
I recently got this game thanks to this super sale. I am loving it so far, but I am mostly just appreciative of being in a fresh environment like Hong Kong. Driving on the left side of the road is a trip.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Probably one of the first games which did wet/slick roads very well.

Also. A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man !

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I want a pork bun. I could definitely go for another replay later this year.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Played it on PS3 and PS4 and got a platinum on both. I own it on PC but haven't played it there. I should get on that soon. First want to wrap up everything with Dragon Quest Builders 2 though. Really, really love this game.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
7 years huh.. I remember buying the game on launch with my first salary and reviewing it on a site that I used to write on. Time surely flies so fast..

ChatonPute

Oct 25, 2017
I had a great time on it,
Fighting mechanics, story, setting. Very refreshing

Can anyone tell me what does this definitive edition brings compared to the first released ?

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
Great game, great memories of it. Just finishing my holidays now, if not, it could have been one of my summer games. But I have less than 48h to finish Fire Emblem and retrieving my life.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I'd replay it but I just played it for the first time not so long ago.

Fantastic game, shame that it underperformed because it's by far my favourite GTA-style game and I found the story/characters way more engrossing than I expected to. One of my favourite last levels/climaxes as well, it knows exactly what it is and nails it perfectly.

Apr 8, 2018
I say this in every Sleeping Dogs/dream sequels thread, but it's a damn shame we'll never see Sleeping Dogs 2. The game's Hong Kong built on current/next gen hardware would be a sight to behold.

Would love to replay this though. I think I'll wait for the next sale on PS4 since I have yet to play it there. Will be nice to unlock some trophies as I go through the game again.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'd kill for a sequel. I was so happy when SE bought True Crime Hong Kong and turned it into this. But it didn't sell enough for them, which is just really sad.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
I just got the PS4 Definitive Edition, so I'm looking forward to playing it again. It's great to see more representation, I honestly really appreciated that.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe it's already been 7 years...

Man, a proper sequel could've been something truly special :(

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Playing it now on PC for the first time after platinuming it on PS3. It's glorious at 60 FPS.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
this is the quintessential backlog game for me.

i think i've had it sitting in my steam library for 5 years without installing---- that should change soon

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite modern-day open world game full stop. The combat and gunplay felt great, I was invested in the story, and I adore the city they built. I've replayed it once already but I'm always down to do it again.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
This game was ahead of its time - with the wrong publisher.

Now a sequel would be a Games-As-A-Service single-player title, emphasizing microtransaction cosmetics and infinitely replayable missions to keep players engaged. Basically Assassin's Creed Odyssey, in modern-day Asia. Its the kind of game Electronic Arts needs in their portfolio. And it would do very well.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty bad story, but great game, with a tight, not unnecessarily huge open world, a fantastic setting that is not "big american city #5847373" and fun melee based gameplay with little shooting involved. I really miss this game, it's such a shame that we're never going to get a sequel.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This is my favorite modern-day open world game full stop. The combat and gunplay felt great, I was invested in the story, and I adore the city they built. I've replayed it once already but I'm always down to do it again.

Yep. Same here. The driving was fun, the hand to hand combat was fun, the shooting was fun, the story was fun. It's all around great. I don't get why SE wasted the talent behind this game. On all fronts, I enjoyed it way more than the last GTA.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty bad story, but great game, with a tight, not unnecessarily huge open world, a fantastic setting that is not "big american city #5847373" and fun melee based gameplay with little shooting involved. I really miss this game, it's such a shame that we're never going to get a sequel.

I wouldn't say that story is bad. I liked it a lot and it showed ugly side of undercover job.

CRTXP

Feb 1, 2018
A personal favorite of mine! Had a great time getting the platinum on the definitive edition.

ChaosZeroX

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh. Why did that have to do that stupid Triad Wars online game? Sleeping Dogs 2 would of been amazing.