• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
From Venturebeat's interview with Sledgehammer Games COO Andy Wilson:
GamesBeat: Are you folks hiring? What kinds of jobs? What locations?
Wilson:
Sledgehammer Games is entering a period of growth across both of our main studio locations: Foster City, California and Melbourne, Australia. We're now a multi-project studio and we're looking for a substantial number of new team members to join us. We're looking across every discipline and various levels of seniority. It's a pretty exciting time for our studio.

GamesBeat: How many people do you have?
Wilson:
We're currently over 200, and we plan to add upwards of 100 new Hammers over the next year.
More at the Venturebeat website: https://venturebeat.com/2020/05/10/...-bounces-back-with-a-multi-city-hiring-spree/

A rumor from 2 months ago from someone who has leaked details of multiple CoD projects over the past few years said that besides working on CoD2020 as a support studio that Sledgehammer was also working on a free-to-play CoD game currently planned for 2021, thread on that here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-activision-games-that-are-in-development.174836/

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Huh, I didn't realize they were still working on Call of Duty projects after their 2020 game got canned
Basically have to because no chance in hell Treyarch can develop a CoD game in 2 years by themselves. What I do wonder though is what their plans are after this year's CoD and the f2p one supposedly planned for next year are done, will they do 2 CoD projects at once or CoD + something else?

Oct 25, 2017
Basically have to because no chance in hell Treyarch can develop a CoD game in 2 years by themselves. What I do wonder though is what their plans are after this year's CoD and the f2p one supposedly planned for next year are done, will they do 2 CoD projects at once or CoD + something else?
I'd say it's possible the F2P project would be meant to compliment Warzone when it's separated from Modern Warfare entirely.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this means they're working on multiple CoD's at once (but I thought this was the case before), or if it means working on a new cod (rip)/assisting IW/Treyarch while working on a new IP?

I'd love to see the cod studios to step outside of cod and both make new IPs.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I wonder if this means they're working on multiple CoD's at once (but I thought this was the case before), or if it means working on a new cod (rip)/assisting IW/Treyarch while working on a new IP?

I bet it's a bit of everything. Infinity ward may be phased out or merged

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

I would assume after this year's CoD they're gonna be the main dev of their own CoD again, Activision simply needs the 3 main developers if they want to keep up the yearly releases. And if the rumors are right they'll also need to finish up that f2p title for next year.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think the success of MW 2019 and Warzone alone will mean Infinity Ward is fine.
I'm more nervous about Sledgehammer (but this interview should make them be fine), and Treyarch. Treyarch only having two years to develop as a result after Sledgehammer and Raven's falling out being so bad that Activision had to step in is kind of crazy. They had three years and after a reboot into development we got Blops IV without a campaign..

I'm very curious how Treyarch's game will turn out. Hoping for the best. But as AAA development has gotten more expensive and it's launching on next gen consoles too, with a shorter dev cycle, I feel nervous. Especially after MW 2019 had three years of development and was the healthiest/longest Cod development cycle ever (according to the gaming revolution, I believe) and it turned out mostly great.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
No way, Act phasing out IW, especially after MW success. IW is the studio that made COD a yearly billion dollar franchise. It seems like Act going back to IW then Treyarch 2 year cycle. Other studios, Sledgehammer, Raven and etc. goes back to being support studios.

Oct 26, 2017
I saw multi-project and I title and I thought:
"finally something different from Activision"

And I opened the thread and: "FREE TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY".

Oct 28, 2017
how many of the dead space guys are still there? Cause if they are still there i'd love for them to do a non-cod game. Doesn't need to be like dead space, just something not cod related or incredibly bonkers cod related

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019