• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was a joke thread, you're kidding me. Congrats on her turning 80 but with her shooting down younger dems and progressives as well as throwing Omar under the bus, this queen stanning is embarrassing.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I know she isnt perfect but glad she is around and is a Democrat. Any way she can help the country is a god send.

I know a Republican that hates her but its probably cause he hates women too.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
It is totally ridiculous how old your politicians are in the states. I think you are a signifigant outlier in this. Obama was a good age for president. Having guys in their 70's duking out for presidency is absurd.

I am from a large family, and some of my uncles, aunts, parents and grandparents have had outstanding careers in academia, medicine etc There is no one with any degenerative illness, but when people are entering their 70's there is an obvious decline. They might still be hilarious, super smart etc but they are clearly past their peak It is crazy to me that you have any politicians in their 70's+
It is definitely a problem. I wish we could get younger politicians.

OP
OP
Autodidact

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
It is totally ridiculous how old your politicians are in the states. I think you are a signifigant outlier in this. Obama was a good age for president. Having guys in their 70's duking out for presidency is absurd.

I am from a large family, and some of my uncles, aunts, parents and grandparents have had outstanding careers in academia, medicine etc There is no one with any degenerative illness, but when people are entering their 70's there is an obvious decline. They might still be hilarious, super smart etc but they are clearly past their peak It is crazy to me that you have any politicians in their 70's+
Thank you for proof that bad takes don't stop at our borders.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 months): Consistent hostility over a series of threads, many previous infractions for the same.
When I think of someone with strong coalition building skills to bring all the tents of the party together from conservatives to moderates to progressives and in line to pass legislation...Omar is not a name I'd think of lol.
True youre probably thinking its Hitler or Richard Spencer or something.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6RvNCbK.jpg

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
the lionization of the democratic establishment on this forum and the preceding one is utterly baffling and often uncomfortable

even if you agree with their policies it's bizarre to treat them like pop stars, even if you're being ironic or whatever. politicians ain't your friends

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I'm all for the olds. Give me all the olds. Like literally all of them.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
My whole life I thought she repped New York, I didn't know she was from Cali. Something about her screams New York.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
OP got so hostile after people weren't automatically fanboying after Pelosi. I guess thank you Pelosi for doing the bare minimum of looking competent and not giving a shit about us citizens.

I'd take her over literally anyone in the administration, sure but that's such a low bar.

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
Considering this forum once gave the yass queen treatment to Hillary, I'm not surprised the bar for "stanning" is this low.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm's distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood," Ocasio-Cortez told The Washington Post in an interview published Wednesday.
"But the persistent singling out ... it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful ... the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color," Ocasio-Cortez added.

"It's really just pointing out the pattern, right? We're not talking about just progressives, it's signaling out four individuals," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN on Capitol Hill. "And knowing the media environment that we're operating in, knowing the amount of death threats that we get, knowing the amount of concentration detention, I think it's just worth asking why."

We all know the real slay queen in this party.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People take for granted just how long Pelosi has been around, I mean here he is with President Kennedy.
a2ksjrd7m9821.jpg

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
the lionization of the democratic establishment on this forum and the preceding one is utterly baffling and often uncomfortable

even if you agree with their policies it's bizarre to treat them like pop stars, even if you're being ironic or whatever. politicians ain't your friends

Said basically what I wanted to say better than I could.

She voted present and died on a pretty dumb hill for it, but her statement said that the genocide happened. She didn't pull a Cenk.

Her statement said we should acknowledge the genocide, along with all the other genocides. Basically the same whataboutism that Erdogan uses every time he's criticized on it (I'd know, I spent many years under his regime). It's a decades-old tactic for dismissing the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.