• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I've stated my existential confusion over "f" in the chat as it reminds me less of CoD and more of a tepid idea derived from rage comics

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era loves thinking it's inclusive till they actually sit down and spoke with people from Norfolk lol. All these words are used in rotation in my household amongst roommates from Augusta, Inglewood and Denver. Lol.
that 'the world is not like era' thread the other day was yikes

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
i would need video evidence to back up this claim. who actually says 'kappa' in person?
There was a group of guys that I used to play R6 Siege with. 2 of them did that kind of thing and just say it after jokes and stuff. "Kappa", "Omegalul", etc. I never said anything because I'm sure I've got my own annoying tendencies, but man was it cringey.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Era loves thinking it's inclusive till they actually sit down and spoke with people from Norfolk lol. All these words are used in rotation in my household amongst roommates from Augusta, Inglewood and Denver. Lol.

Oh boy, I think some people here would be legit lost if they spoke to someone from Norfolk lol

I know nobody says "for days" anymore, but I hated it. "Ass for days," and "Kills for days" in a game and suchlike. It just didn't make any sense.

She got Ass today, tommorow, the next day, AND the years after that

Ass for DAYS lol

OP
OP
BigHatPaul

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
www.resetera.com

Slang/vernacular that drives you nuts

"I fucks with" is everywhere and it's so bad. It's got three things against it: First, it uses "fuck" which is always lazy since people have been subbing "fuck" in as a filler word for every part of speech (except maybe adverbs, "I ate the sandwich fuckly" doesn't really work) since the...
www.resetera.com

What do you think of people who are generally bothered by slang?

It's pretty suspect to me when someone takes particular offense at slang, even when it isn't vulgar or used in an inappropriate setting. Considering how slang directly reflects one's environment, demographic, and culture, any complaint about innocuous slang always has an air of prejudice to me...
www.resetera.com

The rise of "Yikes"

When did this happen? Why did it explode? Even when the old site was a thing it was never used. I've never heard of it up until a year ago or so (not the actual word, but the common usage as a negative connotation in forums, YouTube comments etc) How do you feel about the word? Does it annoy...
www.resetera.com

“Stan” is a stupid term and everyone should stop using it

Every time I see the word “stan” used it makes me cringe. It is an unnecessary word. It sounds terrible. It ruins the flow of every sentence it is used in. Just stop. For reference: https://theoutline.com/post/2425/when-stan-became-a-verb
www.resetera.com

This website’s obsession with YIKES

Is there anything worse? Such a lazy, meaningless, millennial response to literally anything? Do you hate it? Do you use it? Can you form a coherent thought longer than five letters? Discuss! In before “Yikes”
www.resetera.com

No diggity, bling bling, fa shizzle, fiddy cent, twerking, woke

It’s just funny how words and concepts are played out for years sometimes and are suddenly adopted by old out of touch people Woke was done to death years ago and now has been dug from it’s grave to be drug back into the ground by a new group that has a “hip” new buzzword to overdo It’s...
Thanks I guess?

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Oh boy, I think some people here would be legit lost if they spoke to someone from Norfolk lol

She got Ass today, tommorow, the next day, AND the years after that

Ass for DAYS lol
That's just having an ass! The ass exists in perpetuity. It doesn't need a timeline slapping on it.

PS - Norfolk for me is Norfolk, East Anglia, in the UK. I'm still pretty sure I'd struggle to understand their accent and dialect, though.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain these twitter threads that start with bomboclaat or scopa tu mana or something like that

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I can not get used to the wrong use of the word "literally" and the frequent use of the word. Will never get used to it either. Sounds so incredibly dumb.
"Language is like literally totally fluid dude". Yeah, bad excuse to make yourself sound dumb. I know. It's not "slang".. Still.

Other than that there are a lot of words used on this forum that i never ever hear on the outside world so i have to Google them. But that's fine. That just makes me learn things.

Last edited:

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I only cringe at myself when I find myself accidentally using newer (to me) slang I absorbed subconsciously via Twitter and immediately remember I'm 40

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Is that on god, no cap, periodt?

Oh yeah I forgot about this. There's one twitch person I used to watch who yells POG! POG!!! eehh.. dropped that pretty quick.
nice name and avatar btw sigsig good song. happy sky is my fav style.

I really don't get "no cap". I know this one guy who says it and posts it nonstop. It's so annoying. Like how did that even start.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this one took the longest time. I think it means Relax.

Say for instance a group of kids are breaking up a fight between some of them, they'll pull them away while saying "Koch blood! Koch! Koch!"
That's my last name. Never heard of it being used like that before. I'm a very relaxed person by nature so perhaps there's something to it. Very scientific.

Bikkun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
South Carolina, USA
"Oh, I had no idea that was black/queer slang" and "In fairness a lot of is just seeing a word and not knowing what it means".

Like y'all are on the internet. If I see slang I don't know and can't suss out the meaning of, it takes 10 seconds, maybe less, to google "____ slang" and get exactly what I need to know. This is literally how language evolves and grows and just because it's sped up doesn't make it bad, you just need to stop being so rigid. Your way of talking definitely changes just by being online and you're only complaining now because it's clearly non-white or non-cishet culture making you uncomfortable.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era loves thinking it's inclusive till they actually sit down and spoke with people from Norfolk lol.

DlqEFTS.gif

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Probably just epic, and mainly because I have one friend that says it for everything he likes. Otherwise, slang is dope. It's fun. Don't know why y'all hate slang so much.

Nov 17, 2017
Alot of y'all don't like Black Slang

We GET it

Quit these tired ass threads
It's always so obvious this forum has a big problem with black slang whenever someone makes a thread that uses it either in the title or OP.

Instead of talking about the subject at hand, you just have a bunch of boomers complaining about whatever slang was used implying the OP should talk "proper."

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's always so obvious this forum has a big problem with black slang whenever someone makes a thread that uses it either in the title or OP.

Instead of talking about the subject at hand, you just have a bunch of boomers complaining about whatever slang was used implying the OP should talk "proper."

and then the excuses that they're just old. Bruh we been speaking like this for yearsssss lol. Black slang getting exploited and overused by white people via toktoks. Haha.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"i don't know what that means"
'google it'
"oh, it means that? why didn't you just say that?"
'why didn't you just google it first and not derail? oh wait, derailing was the goal!'

Feb 16, 2018
Saying something slaps, also fire and lit also annoy me a bit.

though I probably make some people cringe that I say rad and gnarly haha

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
when people are like "Hey you want a dollar" and when you say "sure" they're like "psyche!". Like wtf that's just deceptive.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I really just don't like memey talk, because I don't like memes. All the other slang is fine.

I have to admit I feel a bit weird when new slang comes out of the black community and white people all start using it online a ton. Sometimes it sounds... performative? Like they're trying to use it to sound cool and current, but it has the opposite effect. I don't hate the slang itself, though.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I really don't get "no cap". I know this one guy who says it and posts it nonstop. It's so annoying. Like how did that even start.
Cappin' is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper old (ridiculously old) but it's been re-worked over the years.

Only became really popular over the last 3-4 years or so.

It's essentially this:

Old days:
Capping = showing off, flossing, displaying your wealth in an exaggerated way

Then:
Capping = OVERexaggerating your wealth/what you have (essentially lying to impress)

Which meant:
Cap = the overexaggeration/lie

No cap = no exaggeration / no lie