• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017

Rejoice! Just started work today. Might actually get some actual work done while I enjoy not keeping up with dozens of channels.

Oct 27, 2017
This is actually awesome because there is a ton of stuff I should have done over the holidays that I didn't haha. Am I doing it now? Nope, hanging out on resetera.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, that's why it was sending my messages in the wrong order. Well, guess the working day is over one hour earlier. Good.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
MS Teams shits the bed pretty often and is sluggish and a hassle to work with even during it's good moments.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We use teams so I'm good, but I had a buddy text going wtf day 1 of the new year and Slack is fucked lol

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
we've got a temporary backup discord that we're using to chat, but yeah, it's def a great way to start off the first work day of 2021, lol.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I was going to take a mental health day today but I have no way to talk to my boss so I guess I am just working 12 hours, thanks Slack very cool

Weirdly on mobile I can still see people posting so it must not be down in every area

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
It's our first day back, too and we basically only use Slack. Happy birthday to me, I guess. More time for ResetEra! I'll don my birthday cap and browse in silence.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm at the tire store and was going to miss my standup and spent like 30 minutes failing to send the same message over and over again to my boss 😥

The demand on Slack global today is probably unprecedented.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Teams has been super reliable here if you have 128GB ram to support the damn thing. Insane how much RAM it uses.

It's not so much the software itself since I'm working from home and on my home computer but has a rough time syncronizing documents at times, and it lags behind when you're typing. Especially during the march-april period in which pretty much the whole company needed to work from home and use it.

During really busy hours it just refuses to sent messages.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
My boss is off today and they don't really check their email much when they are off but they always respond to slack messages, seeing as how I work in 20 minutes there's no way she'd be able to see it and approve it before then.

I have her cell but not gonna bug her on her day off

I don't see what difference there is in texting versus sending a Slack message. You are still communicating to them on their day off. Do what makes you comfortable though, you know your boss and I don't.

Oct 25, 2017
This sucks ass. I will probably have to work late tonight to make up the time lost this morning. This is a huge blocker for me.

Shitty way to start the first workday of the year.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea this fucked with my plans for the day. Got several issues that are increasingly hard for me to look into as the dev team I gotta work with are in Ecuador.........and Slack main means I have to reach them. The thought of having to do this via Jira comments has me pretty upset.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Yep - my job uses Slack extensively, so it's killed off any team communication this morning. Teams is still up and my team uses it for sprint planning so we'll still get something done today, but cross-team communication is pretty much dead in the water.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

"Slack is down? Can we hop on a call real quick?"

giphy.gif