• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The GOAT

Nov 2, 2017
Decided to try out the move controllers tonight. Man, what a difference. Played for 2 hours straight. Didn't even realize as i was too focused on playing, hah. Almost zero motion sickness, which is unheard of for me. I'm using the teleport to move. It works great for exploration, but when combat gets hectic, it's tough to get properly situated, especially using a bow.

Pretty stoked that I'm going to actually get to play this without feeling like shit for hours after.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played a lot on the vive and psvr. Blocky games with muddy textures kind of fall apart for me in terms feeling like I'm in another world. I find it barely better than playing a game on a 3d tv. I just feel distant and disconnected from the world.
Fair enough.

How many are playing with the Dual Shock?

I'm tempted to pick this up, but I don't have the Move controllers.
Remember Moves are also less likely to induce motion sickness.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
one thing that annoys me a little is that i keep have to look down for the map or to pick up stuff. any way how to fix dis? im sitting btw.

Gaming Zen

Nov 11, 2017
Has this happened to anyone yet?

I had around a 4 hours session (and many more hours previously) yesterday playing with the Moves, and I woke up with sore shoulders lol. Now, I'm a fairly fit guy and do garage door repair for a living...wtf! So to add to how awesome playing with move controllers is, they will definitely providing a low level quality workout from my experience haha :)

This game in VR.....

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I had around a 4 hours session (and many more hours previously) yesterday playing with the Moves, and I woke up with sore shoulders lol. Now, I'm a fairly fit guy and do garage door repair for a living...wtf! So to add to how awesome playing with move controllers is, they will definitely providing a low level quality workout from my experience haha :)

I was wondering if this might happen lol, guess it will depend how long at a time I play though, also game hasn't shipped my next day order yet :( and now sold out again the UK deal seems to be doing well on there site, so hoping I get it tomorrow (should of been today) and haven't run out of stock yet (though if they have I hope I get the newer headset version instead).

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure whether to invest in move controllers or not?! I feel like i'm missing out! Especially now that it seems people are getting a workout from using them haha.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I stand and use the Move controllers. It's the most immersive experience IMO and that's the primary reason I am playing this game.

The 1 to 1 mapping on weapons trips me out every time I play. It never fails to distract me the first 30 seconds I log on to play lol.

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Found a deal last night on psvr and bit. Got rush of blood, RE7, and Skyrim to start off with.

Anyone using the old move camera from ps3? Should work just fine Right?

I haven't tried VR at all yet so I'm pretty darn stoked. This thread is hype too.

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
Many games on PSVR require move controllers. You're missing out on like half the catalogue without them.

But besides that, having hands in VR is like VRx2.

Haha yeah I only got the Skyrim Bundle yesterday and wasn't planning on getting the move controllers for a while but just hearing the good stuff from this thread is tipping me over the edge!

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm finding myself doing a lot of conjuring lately.

On my right hand I mapped "bound sword" and on my left "conjure familiar".

So with my left hand I just keep making ghost wolves appear that then attack my target. If it dies I immediately spawn another to keep the target busy. While at the same time I fight off any enemies that get close with my sword made of pure energy.

It's great!

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Found a deal last night on psvr and bit. Got rush of blood, RE7, and Skyrim to start off with.

I haven't tried VR at all yet so I'm pretty darn stoked. This thread is hype too.
As said above me, you need to get the PS4 camera. I just bought one used on ebay for $22 shipped. The seller currently has more in stock and has solid history.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017

So with my left hand I just keep making ghost wolves appear that then attack my target. If it dies I immediately spawn another to keep the target busy. While at the same time I fight off any enemies that get close with my sword made of pure energy.

It's great!

I went full on conjuring my first ever play through of Skyrim. End game you can destroy small armies. Lol

Oct 26, 2017
Essex

PS3 camera will not work you need the newer PS4 model with twin cameras. It has it's own port in the back on the PS4 so no loss of USB port.

£28.48 on Amazon Warehouse at the moment for the new revision.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
What are your recommended conjuration spells?

I went with the heavy hitters dremora at start and then each antronach however you spell it as you level up.

Your goal is to reach the dual summons skill I think it's called twin soul and a master conjure which permanently conjures a summon.

You won't even have to lift a finger at that point.

Last edited:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I at k with the heavy hitter dremora at start and then each antronach however you spell it as you level up.

Your goal is to reach the dual summons skill.thibk it's called twin soul and a master conjure which permanently conjures a summon.

You won't even have to lift a finger at that point.

Niiiiice. Thanks.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017

It's great!

This never occurred to m. Sounds awesome. I'll be trying this out for sure!

Godcannon

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Oh snap. I thought I could use the old camera. Crap. Well, better to get it now I guess. At least I have all the controllers.

Thanks all!

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
You think a Swede could take advantage? :)

The offers seem to be all regions tbh, I'd imagine Sweden should have similar as well, already here in the UK at £250 for VR Headset/Camera/Skyrim and VR Worlds

My Skyrim bundle should be here today. Can't wait to get home from work and play. It will be my first time using VR.

Quite the deep end if this is the first game you play, certainly make sure you take some breaks if you start feeling a bit queasy. Enjoy though and don't forget to download the free things like Playroom VR and the Demo discs 1/2, RecRoom etc

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My Skyrim bundle should be here today. Can't wait to get home from work and play. It will be my first time using VR.

I'm kind of jealous this was not my first VR experience. Actually, my first VR was Rush of Blood and that was and remains an amazing experience

Make sure you get the Move controllers! Lots of VR games use them to great effect.

Oct 27, 2017
I have put hundreds of hours into skyrim... And never once tried Magic, I've always been a ranger. VR sounds like the perfect opportunity to start. How do I start? Ive never mapped spells, dunno where to find them or anything.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sheer speed you can rapid fire full-power arrows with the moves is too fun to switch to another style for me.

JetMan07

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'm kind of jealous this was not my first VR experience. Actually, my first VR was Rush of Blood and that was and remains an amazing experience

Make sure you get the Move controllers! Lots of VR games use them to great effect.

The bundle comes with two move controllers, so I'm good there. I can't wait to try Rush of Blood too. I was glad it was a PS+ title last month.

Based on your avatar, actually hell, anyone with PSVR, make sure you dont miss Batman Arkham VR.

Yeah I'm a huge Batman fan, so I plan to pick that up eventually. Maybe it will be on sale for Black Friday somewhere.

Suavesteve

Oct 28, 2017
So I don't know if this is game breaking or cheating. Never played Skyrim before. In certain dungeons, there will be a switch behind an area that has some slits where you can see it but can't get to it because you have to find another way around. I just equip a long sword and slide my hand "into" in through the graphics to flip the switch. It's a case of realism and cheating in my book. I'm assuming you wouldn't have been able to do that in the standard game yes? This game is fucking amazing!

Suavesteve

Oct 28, 2017
Has this happened to anyone yet?

This game in VR.....

No, I do 35 push-ups a day. :-)

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think most people in this thread have already bought the game, but just in case anyone's interested, I did a video review:

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
I had my fan while playing. I walked through dripplets of water dropping from a cave ceiling. My brain got totally fooled (from the fan), I swear I felt drop of water on my face. This is what VR is about, Immersion.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still so skeptical that this works: can you really go hours playing this without feeling nauseous? The characters don't look super dated when they're right in your face?

I thought RE7 was the right kind of length for a major VR game, but I can scarecely imagine putting 200 hours into this, expansions and all.

(also what's the cheapest way to get this currently?)

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so skeptical that this works: can you really go hours playing this without feeling nauseous? The characters don't look super dated when they're right in your face?

I thought RE7 was the right kind of length for a major VR game, but I can scarecely imagine putting 200 hours into this, expansions and all.

(also what's the cheapest way to get this currently?)

All depends on how well you handle VR.

Skyrim is pretty chill so unlike RE7 where you are on edge or Dirt Rally that requires 100% of your focus it is much easier to stay in for long periods of time.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All depends on how well you handle VR.

Skyrim is pretty chill so unlike RE7 where you are on edge or Dirt Rally that requires 100% of your focus it is much easier to stay in for long periods of time.

Even with Move controllers?

I'm curious how the setup is like if you're going Move + sitting down. I would never want to stand up so long for a game like this, so it would be entirely in a chair.

Also wondering how it handles the issue where close objects will shift in and out (forgot what it's called, it's the thing Giant Bomb complains about the most regarding PSVR).

And when is that PSVR revision supposed to come out? I would love to not have to switch the cables around constantly (due to losing HDR): any trade-in deals with that?

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Even with Move controllers?

I'm curious how the setup is like if you're going Move + sitting down. I would never want to stand up so long for a game like this, so it would be entirely in a chair.

Also wondering how it handles the issue where close objects will shift in and out (forgot what it's called, it's the thing Giant Bomb complains about the most regarding PSVR).

And when is that PSVR revision supposed to come out? I would love to not have to switch the cables around constantly (due to losing HDR): any trade-in deals with that?

I don't know about sitting down. I play standing for better immersion. I've played the last 3 days straight for about 8 hours straight (with small breaks for food etc) and I don't get any nausea or soreness. But maybe that's just me.

Are you talking about things right up in your face being sorta hard to focus on? I think Skyrim has the least amount of that out of any game I've played. Nothing is ever super close to your face really.

PSVR revision is the one included in the Skyrim bundle. Newer moves too.

Is there a way to turn round on the move controller without using the click turns x and o?

If you're talking about turning your character's body then no, I don't think so. Obviously you can turn your head to look behind you at any time without hitting a button.