• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
www.vg247.com

Skyrim Anniversary Edition rated for Switch in Taiwan

Switch users may finally get thier hands on Skyrim Anniversary Edition, if a listing from the Taiwan Digital Game Ratin…

latest

Guess I'm buying another copy.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
For Morrowinds 20th anniversary, we're releasing Skyrim again!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it on PS3, then Switch, then PS4, then I got the Anniversary upgrade for PS5, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to get the DLC for Switch.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I don't see what significant addition there could be compared to the version already on the platform.

Well, if they fix the gyro aiming, I guess I'm in.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll probably get this despite having it on Xbox. I loved playing vanilla Skyrim in handheld on Switch.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
"Wait our big games aren't going to be ready in time and need to be delayed? What do we do?"

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see what significant addition there could be compared to the version already on the platform.

Well, if they fix the gyro aiming, I guess I'm in.
It's basically gonna be the 4 free creation club content creations and then a bunch of you decide to pay for the upgrade. These are the free ones which are honestly substantial upgrades. Survival mode and Fishing are pretty fantastic.

Fishing
Survival
Saints and Sinners
Rare Curios

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Update game when prompted and it'll automatically change into the anniversary edition if its like other versions. Then all you have to do is buy the dlc that comes bundled with the new release to have everything the anniversary edition has.
Good to know, but also I didn't know the anniversary edition had extra stuff, I thought it was just better resolution

Asklepios

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
Damn I got excited with thread bump.

I have been playing Skyrim on my switch after 5 years (spent 20 hours on a modded Pc version). Strangely I have been enjoying it more and ended up spending a lot more time on it this time in handheld. It's amazing how time flies when in transit while playing Skyrim. It's a lot easy to get into the lore too, because I am actually reading the books on the handheld this time.

Such a great port, totally worth the 30 bucks spent when it was on sale last week.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I predict the anniversary edition is going to be a 3rd party launch title for the Switch Pro.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It's been rated again:

www.nintendolife.com

Skyrim Anniversary Edition Has Been Rated For Nintendo Switch (Again)

The Elder Scrolls V might be returning...

I really hope this happens. The Switch version is the only one without mods, so it stands to benefit the most from something like this.

What's added compared to the former edition?
Everything in the Creation Club, plus around 20+ mods created specifically for the Anniversary Edition. See here for a full list; it's quite a bit.

The mods in the AE are also integrated much better into the game than their regular variants (which basically just spam you with potentially dozens of quests as soon as you finish the tutorial). Quite a bit of the DLC is now just out there in the world waiting for you to uncover it.

Ssyem

Mar 15, 2022
Hope they allow other mods to be downloaded this time. It's possible to do with a hacked Switch but takes a while to set up. Worth it though, I love portable Skyrim but can't play the game unmodded.