• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If it was just 88 or stuff like homegrown I would already be suspicious but holy shit how did they not notice that they're standing in front of a damn nazi who has 4 or 5 nazi tattoos on his face.
Curious if we could make it to 10 nazi tattoos if we get to see the rest of his body

TraBuch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to use 88 in a lot of usernames, including my current email, but it's just because I was born in 88 and adding that in at the end was an unimaginative way to use a name that was already taken. Somehow it didn't occur to me until like a couple years ago what 88 could also represent. I've since stopped making usernames with it, but I still have a lot of usernames that have it that I can't just change.

It's a bit of a bummer.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
EkyLIjCVcAABTtj

EkyLIssU0AAxdnn

Oct 27, 2017
I used to use 88 in a lot of usernames, including my current email, but it's just because I was born in 88 and adding that in at the end was an unimaginative way to use a name that was already taken. Somehow it didn't occur to me until like a couple years ago what 88 could also represent. I've since stopped making usernames with it, but I still have a lot of usernames that have it that I can't just change.

It's a bit of a bummer.
2228.jpg

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Was that so fucking hard? No, it wasn't, but some of you motherfuckers would apparently rather accuse people of being Nazi sympathisers than draw a circle on a fucking JPEG, apparently.
And you'd rather cry and antagonize people than take 3 seconds to read the Twitter replies and find the evidence yourself since you care so much about the truth.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how some people are more butthurt that they were called Nazi sympathisers than the fact that for the last two thread pages they were excusing and defending a nazi...

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
When you fuck up and accidentally get a very obvious nazi on your show, even making up shitty excuses don't work because he's so incredibly obviously a nazi.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was that so fucking hard? No, it wasn't, but some of you motherfuckers would apparently rather accuse people of being Nazi sympathisers than draw a circle on a fucking JPEG, apparently.
You could have just waited and said thank you but you've become quite hostile to everyone on this thread just because of impatience. The one tattoo in Nazi font should have been enough.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Bruh 😂😂😂 you could've read the tweet replies instead of expecting Era to be there at your beck and call. Quit being dramatic.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

But they put up that MLK quote:( U guys r mean!

At this point I also want to know who the fuck was actively defending the choice on social media. I don't think it was meanspirited or they are racists themselves, but its the same problem of 'Welp, someone told me this and I must believe this unquestionably' that got him on the show in the first place

Nov 17, 2017
In less alarming lettering, I second this. I see the 88 clear as day, but every other thing mentioned here I cannot remotely distinguish. Anyone have clearer pictures of the tattoos in question?

Edit: just saw the tweet above, way clearer. I gotta say, people should be aware that not everyone on a gaming forum is a neo-nazi code talker. The first half of this thread is basically people just posting numbers and the word "hitler". I know the numbers correlate to white power bullshit, but not everyone does. Even if you're the type that feels that educating others is not your job, it makes no sense to lob huge accusations instead, and it also derails the thread significantly.
To be honest, I had no idea what any of those symbols meant coming into this thread.

But then I actually clicked on the Twitter thread in the OP, read it and used google to confirm. A couple minutes and I had it figured out. It wasn't hard.

Now could the OP be edited to have more of that info upfront? Sure. Is accusing anyone who asked about the meaning of the symbols a Nazi sympathy extreme? Yes. But it's also a bad move to immediately doubt the OP and the whole linked twitter thread saying it's Nazi stuff when you're clearly coming from a place of less knowledge. There's a difference between ignorance and doubt. Looking back, people who simply asked what the symbols meant weren't put on blast. It was people who dismissed or doubted it was Nazi related who did.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

At this point I also want to know who the fuck was actively defending the choice on social media. I don't think it was meanspirited, but its the same problem of 'Welp, someone told me this and I must believe this unquestionably' that got him on the show in the first place

Either someone at sky/A&E is a nazi and deliberately let him slip through the cracks or they are some of the biggest idiots in the world. Either way it does not look good for them.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Hope whoever grew lit that shit gets fuckin shitcanned hard. Took 2 seconds to understand this dude is a nazi piece of shit. Don't even need to research shit. And if you do, it takes 2 seconds of googling.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I actually watched the show and didn't think anything of this, aside from 'that guy has a tattooed head' (and wasn't very good at woodwork)

Kinda bizarre and wholly ironic that the producers failed to catch it, though.
Seems more like a case of willful ignorance, if we're being honest.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
To be honest, I had no idea what any of those symbols meant coming into this thread.

But then I actually clicked on the Twitter thread in the OP, read it and used google to confirm. A couple minutes and I had it figured out. It wasn't hard.

Now could the OP be edited to have more of that info upfront? Sure. Is accusing anyone who asked about the meaning of the symbols a Nazi sympathy extreme? Yes. But it's also a bad move to immediately doubt the OP and the whole linked twitter thread saying it's Nazi stuff when you're clearly coming from a place of less knowledge. There's a difference between ignorance and doubt.

Yup. Like I said elsewhere in the threat these types of tattoos are intentionally hard to read and require some familiarity to understand. People being confused at the references I get, but the assumption that the OP was wrong and that 'its not a face full of nazi tats' and claiming their own ignorance only after getting called out after discounting the OP's topic...Its a bad look. Own up to the mistake and move on.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
88 in the style of the Neo Nazi 88, plus...literally every other significant number, and Homegrown, with a shaven head.

Guy inspecting wood.jpeg.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

I feel like it should be pointed out the humor of the MLK quote is the juxtaposition of it next to them defending a nazi, it's not like the quote was deployed as a defence (you can see in the screenshot it was tweeted 2 hours earlier).

But maaan is this while situation fucked. What a terrible job from a "history" channel.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish I lived in a world where I WASNT aware of bigotry through symbols. Not trying to fault people for being unaware. Guess I'm just tuned to know hate when I see it.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
this is a good microcosm example of how white people get to say whatever the fuck and everyone accepts their word for it.

Sky went ahead and just straight up lied about doing a check and just straight up used that dudes excuses as valid reasoning.

Its exactly like when Bunker Boy tweeted out that he was obstructing justice and then came back to say his lawyer magically made the tweet all of a sudden.

Then everybody in the media immediately went with the story saying the lawyer made the tweet. its annoying as hell

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it should be pointed out the humor of the MLK quote is the juxtaposition of it next to them defending a nazi, it's not like the quote was deployed as a defence (you can see in the screenshot it was tweeted 2 hours earlier).

But maaan is this while situation fucked. What a terrible job from a "history" channel.

The backlash started yesterday, so the MLK quote absolutely could be in response, but it could also be a black history month thing.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
History just deleted those tweets

So they aren't about being historically accurate?

I must not read these threads too often because the number of posters trying to make excuses or demanding proof upon proof is amazing and eye opening. As if even one fucking nazi tattoo isn't two too many.

Fucking nazis. I hope everyone involved in excusing this faces repercussions.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funny how they suddenly need to pull the show and delete all their defense tweets when they claimed they already investigated and cleared Nazi-Face.

Almost as if they were lying and investigated fuck-all...

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be some serious editing before they put this on air. Nazi's stay losing.

Lol, try quoting someone actually doing what you're calling them out for next time buddy.

Last edited:

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

While we investigate the nature & meaning of Darren's tattoos we have removed the video featuring him from our social media, & will not be broadcasting any eps of The Chop until we have concluded that investigation. Sky HISTORY stands against racism & hate speech of all kinds.

Hopefully they decide to investigate the investigation that resulted in this guy's father dying 30+ years prematurely.

"Hey, are those tattoos on your face thinly veiled white supremacist messages?"

"Uh....naah. My dad's dead."

"Great! See you next taping!"