• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The amount of people giving the benefit of the doubt just goes to show that a certain population gets an automatic pass unless they pull out the bullhorns.

"Ok, so I get the swastika, but like, he said when the cop was talking to him he was super into ancient religions. And yeah, he called him a black bastard before he punched him but the guy was also wearing a black nike hoodie and sweats. And when the cops arrested him, he said something about the dying of the white race but hey, we are in a pandemic. I just don't see it, he was really nice to me. The black dude in the hoodie tho, I couldn't see his eyes and he was walking quickly so obviously, very sus".

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
TuOUofJ.png

LOOOOLLLLL. This is peak MLK 'u calling us racist is the real racism' misuse and from presumably non-American's? Fucking kudos.

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait for the next series of Would I Lie to You.
Lee Mack: I got tricked into being chummy with a Nazi on a history channel filled with Nazi documentaries that believed the "88" was a tribute to his dead father. True or false?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You know, if you're going to lie about this stuff, the way to do it is to say you're reformed but the tattoos are a pain to get rid of.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
I mean, the request for better photos was literal? Like, when I said I couldn't see anything but 88, I meant that extremely literally. Like, the 88 was the only thing on his face that was even legible to me. Maybe I'm just getting old, but everything else on his face just looks like random scribbles. So when people are talking about other tattoos they spotted on him, it'd be nice to share cropped or higher-res photos because some of us in a very, very literal and very, very physical way cannot see what you're referring to.

(To say nothing of Era posters with visual disabilities.)

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Even if it was, the idea that neither the recipient nor the tattooist had any idea what the connotations of 88 were is laughable, particularly given the fact that the guy's excuse appears to be nonsense.

That's a good point actually. I'm not very knowledgeable on Neo Nazis symbols etc but I've had thought that any tattoo artists worth their salt would be well aware of them and know exactly what these shady Nazi types would be looking so they can reject them out of hand.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
Quoting MLK while making shit up to defend some dudes white power face tattoos is peak white nonsense.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I seriously can't believe people are splitting hairs in this thread. The dude clearly, at this very point, has more than an 88 on his face, but people are still being critical of OP for saying "face full" rather than, I dunno, "several". What's the difference? The evidence is everywhere.

Oct 27, 2017
The interesting thing about this is how few people I've seen defending it. Twitter is full of awful, awful people, yet I haven't seen any one so far acting ignorant and believing the Dad's death year story. Which just makes the History channel look even worse.
Well Twitter is bad but you still have plenty of normal people that chime in. YouTube on the other hand is a fire that will never have that

Balma

Oct 27, 2017
Lee Mack trending with Nazi was quite unexpected. I guess anything goes in 2020.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I seriously can't believe people are splitting hairs in this thread. The dude clearly, at this very point, has more than an 88 on his face, but people are still being critical of OP for saying "face full" rather than, I dunno, "several". What's the difference? The evidence is everywhere.

I can't tell if its the usual internet 'I gotta win this argument, so lets go to the minutia' or nazi apologists. And in this case the former is kinda the same as the later.

Imagine someone hemming and hawing about specific verbiage involving child abuse, lol.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One giant nazi face tattoo isn't enough for me to make a judgement call here, I need more evidence

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
Tagging this so I can read more of sky saying dumb shit to try and justify this easily avoidable mistake they made.

Mister Niwa

Oct 25, 2017
Even one fucking nazi tattoo is too much! The fact is: a guy with a nazi tattoo is on a show in television and the producers / research team did a lousy job researching these tattoos or couldn't simply give a fuck and now try to cover it up by some stupid shit story.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, the request for better photos was literal? Like, when I said I couldn't see anything but 88, I meant that extremely literally. Like, the 88 was the only thing on his face that was even legible to me. Maybe I'm just getting old, but everything else on his face just looks like random scribbles. So when people are talking about other tattoos they spotted on him, it'd be nice to share cropped or higher-res photos because some of us in a very, very literal and very, very physical way cannot see what you're referring to.

(To say nothing of Era posters with visual disabilities.)
Just check the twitter replies.

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Could not have summed it up better myself.

Though if you were going to have the number '88' tattooed right on your fucking face it might have been prudent to have quickly Googled '88' before hand, you know, just in case there were any unforeseen connections there.
Looking at him, I am going to say that tat was done before google was a thing

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Aw it's ok.

I wouldn't expect someone who gives nazis the benefit of the doubt to have reading comprehension.

🤡
Jesus Christ I misread his post. I am in no way, shape or form giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. I just saw several posts saying it was Hitler's birthday and I found it funny from a mathematical perspective. Just didn't quote the right one.

Fuck off with calling me a nazi sympathizer.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
I actually watched the show and didn't think anything of this, aside from 'that guy has a tattooed head' (and wasn't very good at woodwork)

Kinda bizarre and wholly ironic that the producers failed to catch it, though.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
User Warned: Hostility (3 day threadban)
Jesus Christ I misread his post. I am in no way, shape or form giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. I just saw several posts saying it was Hitler's birthday and I found it funny from a mathematical perspective. Just didn't quote the right one.

Fuck off with calling me a nazi sympathizer.
It's literally only two posters before you and they both specify 23/16 and Hitler's birthday separately lmaooo

🤡

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Hostility (3 day threadban)
It's literally only two posters before you and they both specify 23/16 and Hitler's birthday separately lmaooo

I misread the post and you accuse me of giving the benefit of the doubt to Nazis. Fuck you.

Someone else also made that same mistake. Want to call him a nazi sympathizer now too?

Atrophis

Oct 25, 2017
People really crying over "face full" being an accurate statement?

He has 88, 23/16, 20/4 and 14 on his face. That qualifies as a face full.

You can see the 14 on the top of his head. 20/4 is on his left cheek.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
IT'S NOT BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT I LITERALLY CANNOT READ THE FUCKING WORDS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
In less alarming lettering, I second this. I see the 88 clear as day, but every other thing mentioned here I cannot remotely distinguish. Anyone have clearer pictures of the tattoos in question?

Edit: just saw the tweet above, way clearer. I gotta say, people should be aware that not everyone on a gaming forum is a neo-nazi code talker. The first half of this thread is basically people just posting numbers and the word "hitler". I know the numbers correlate to white power bullshit, but not everyone does. Even if you're the type that feels that educating others is not your job, it makes no sense to lob huge accusations instead, and it also derails the thread significantly.

Last edited:

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
I misread the post and you accuse me of giving the benefit of the doubt to Nazis. Fuck you.

Someone else also made that same mistake. Want to call him a nazi sympathizer now too?
That's OK, feelings are mutual đź‘Ť

Back on topic, someone is getting mega fired over this. Apparently there was depth of field in real life for them too lol

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
In less alarming lettering, I second this. I see the 88 clear as day, but every other thing mentioned here I cannot remotely distinguish. Anyone have clearer pictures of the tattoos in question?
Totally agree too. People need to calm down. The 88 is clear as day (and enough evidence for me personally) but I don't know how anyone was supposed to make out the others without them being red circled.

Chill out with calling people Nazi sympathizers for literally not being able to make something out in a blurry picture.