• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, I really wanted Capcom to work with Akira to make Skullomania the final DLC character.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
While nice, would have preferred the actual character.

It's like how Darkstalkers are not dead.
17-darkstalkers-costumes-street-fighter-5-arcade-edition-revealed-c.jpg

...They're just costumes now.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
R.I.P. Skullomania being the final SFV character

While nice, would have preferred the actual character.

It's like how Darkstalkers are not dead.
17-darkstalkers-costumes-street-fighter-5-arcade-edition-revealed-c.jpg

...They're just costumes now.
Capcom doesn't really do actual guest characters in their games outside of said game's universe. So in the case of Street Fighter, they usually stick to SF characters as well as those from the greater SF universe (Ex: Final Fight, Rival Schools, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Strider, Captain Commando, etc.).

SlasherMcGirk

Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati

Capcom doesn't really do actual guest characters in their games outside of said game's universe. So in the case of Street Fighter, they usually stick to SF characters as well as those from the greater SF universe (Ex: Final Fight, Rival Schools, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Strider, Captain Commando, etc.).
Wait strider is in the street fighter universe?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Yeah, but Skullomania was once considered a straight-up Street Fighter character in the Street Fighter EX series.
banner_1373.jpg

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

MrCarter

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great!

Skullomania is from the Ex-Series and that was developed by Arika. I'm sure Capcom came to some sort of agreement for this costume.

OP
OP
Ryce

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, someone datamined the existence of all the Fighting EX Layer costumes months back, and it appears that Akuma and Seth are the only characters left to receive one. A Garuda costume for Akuma and a Shadowgeist costume for Seth would make the most sense to me. (A Cycloid would be the best fit for Seth, but they're technically not Fighting EX Layer characters.)

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
There goes my theory of Skullomania being the final character then.

Weird choice of costume for both characters honestly but I dig it.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
Zeku is the first Strider, so yeah.

True, SFEX characters do have a connection to Street Fighter. But they were never canon & Capcom actually uses a different card background for them compared to the others.

Wouldn't the latest information on Darun (he was the friend Gief gave the chess piece to) imply that the EX characters are possibly canon now?

Sep 7, 2020
The nostalgia is awesome. I am glad they recognize that they own IP for a number of other dormant/ less mainstream games. Give me that new MVC, Dark Stalkers, and Rival Schools.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
For what it's worth, someone datamined the existence of all the Fighting EX Layer costumes months back, and it appears that Akuma and Seth are the only characters left to receive one. A Garuda costume for Akuma and a Shadowgeist costume for Seth would make the most sense to me. (A Cycloid would be the best fit for Seth, but they're technically not Fighting EX Layer characters.)
Been wanting a new Seth costume after the lack of a crossover costume.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The last character HAS TO BE from Arika considering all of these skins right?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
There goes the character I was expecting to be the final character addition to the game, I guess. :(

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

While true, in fairness "said game's universe" doesn't exactly mean much for a universe as modular as Street Fighter's. Strider being in-universe because "Zeku is the first Strider" is legit lol.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means we don't waste the last slot on a shitty FEXL character.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I wonder if Dan's release will coincide with an unlockable Allen Snider costume?
See, I would expect an Allen costume for Ken, not Dan. That and Dan being so new seems like it'd be a weird time to throw a new crossover costume at him.
Shadowgeist kind of fits for Seth, yeah. I dunno about Garuda for Akuma, even though it seems like it might be thematically appropriate. Hell, it could be Shadowgeist on Akuma and someone else on Seth.

Of course, they could only do the right thing and give a Pullum costume for Menat and Nanase for Sakura. Jack for Boxer (without whitewashing him in the process). Sharon for Laura. You could cover most of the EX cast easily. DDark for Charlie? Rosso for Rashid? Area for Lucia. Just make Darun the last chaarcter so we don't cross him over to Gief as a costume, please.

Hopefully this means we don't waste the last slot on a shitty FEXL character.
You shut your pie hole!

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
well, I'm glad that it's not Skullomania as a last character so hopefully 5th character is going to be a good surprise!

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for G getting more outfits but Skullomania is a rather weird choice. Doesn't really fit imo.
G's default costume remains his best.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So is it permanent or will it not be there when you delete the save data (for an example) or go on another PC to install it in the future?
It's attached to your Capcom account, which is attached to your specific PSN/Steam account, so it won't go anywhere if you delete SFV. But you have to install the game & play it to earn it in the first place.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, now that I think about it, I kinda want the last character to be a brand new character from Captain Commando's universe. It can be his successor or something. Similar concept to how Zeku is the original Strider.