• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Perfect system for a remake or a sequel

• Switch ! I'll play it in my bed

Votes: 762 67.0%
  • PS4\5 ! The power of SSD, man !

Votes: 399 35.1%
  • XBox Family ! I don't pay my games (Gamepass)

Votes: 224 19.7%
  • PC (16K, 240FPS, mods)

Votes: 407 35.8%
  • Stadia ! Just kidding

Votes: 58 5.1%

• Total voters

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
SoA needs a re-release if only for there to be a definitive version at last. The Gamecube version has dramatically better loading times than the DC original and more content but also sacrifices a ton of audio fidelity.

OP
OP
Giant Enemy Crab
Apr 21, 2018
Ej9pWGcXsAEUnyT

I found the Skies of Arcadia reference.
Did you ?

A little clue in this video (first minute)

This week end Sonic ASTR = 5 bucks

Last edited:

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Is it just...
the back of that dude's jacket?
Here's another fun little reference I found in Valkyria Chronicles 4. No playable Vyse and Aika, but I'll take whatever I can get:
16024650777167782221270044484095.jpg

Nov 11, 2017
Is it just...
the back of that dude's jacket?
Here's another fun little reference I found in Valkyria Chronicles 4. No playable Vyse and Aika, but I'll take whatever I can get:
16024650777167782221270044484095.jpg

I always thought Zivilyn Bane was one dude, sort of like a rival that you fought a bunch of times throughout the game, but looking it up now it's apparently a group of people? My world is shattered at this revelation

GabriocheXD

May 27, 2019
Everytime I see this topic on the first page, I think it's for a sequel or a remake and my heart gets broken.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Trivia question for you guys. What's the airspace called where Crescent Isle and Daccat's Island are located?

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Oh, well that's... fine, I suppose. Maybe we'll see all this fanfare again in three years for Legends' 20th? Or maybe not.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
It was charming, and I enjoyed it on Dreamcast, but not sure I wanna go back to 60 hours of the voiceless dialogue and battles every ten steps.

I'd love for Sega to give the game a re-release, but I doubt I'd play it after buying. (am also not the type to re-replay many games).

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Wow, you weren't kidding. A gold mine.

Kodama:
I think Skies of Arcadia will really evoke those childhood classics like Treasure Island and Robinson Crusoe. It'll be something thrilling and exciting, I believe. Sailing your ship on a journey through the vast skies, cutting through a bank of clouds, beyond which lie unknown lands… that's the kind of enjoyment we hope to convey.

The story, the graphics, the books you read as a kid, the gameplay systems themselves—we're working to mesh all those together to achieve that singular enjoyment. While it's true that discovery, adventure, and treasure-hunting have been featured in RPGs before, we're trying to combine them all together into something new, so please look forward to it.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
lol:
—What has the response been like from people who had a chance to try the demo out at the Tokyo Game Show?

Kodama:
Naturally, it wasn't all good news. One thing players told us was that the encounter rate seemed too high, so we'll be taking a look at that.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's crazy, but I would be soooo happy if they announced a SoA remaster at TGA tonight.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
There's not a whole lot of older games I want to see on newer systems but my god i keep holding out hope that Sega hasn't forgotten about Skies of Arcadia. What a crazy underrated game.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
The original on Dolphin is as good as any remaster, and with fast forwarding it fixes the only real complaint that most fans have with the original (slow and plentiful random battles.)
There's also a Dolphin texture mod out there I learned about recently that looks pretty slick too. I'll post some screen caps when I have a chance. Characters and UI have never looked better.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
There's also a Dolphin texture mod out there I learned about recently that looks pretty slick too. I'll post some screen caps when I have a chance. Characters and UI have never looked better.

I'd appreciate that, I didn't know about the texture pack! I just replayed this earlier in the year and might need to do it again now, lol.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I'd appreciate that, I didn't know about the texture pack! I just replayed this earlier in the year and might need to do it again now, lol.

No problem! Here's a direct comparison:

12506882321456037888_eqkxy.png

14897116627672760320_5sjlx.png

Some other assorted Screen Caps from the beginning of the game:

And here is info on the Texture mods themselves, including how to download and install:

Skies of Arcadia HD v0.06 (June 27, 2020) (dolphin-emu.org)

I didn't play too far since I already have an active play-thru on Dreamcast I've slowly been chewing through, but I can't wait to play the entire game again on Dolphin with the texture pack and widescreen hack!

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
No problem! Here's a direct comparison:

12506882321456037888_eqkxy.png

14897116627672760320_5sjlx.png

Some other assorted Screen Caps from the beginning of the game:

And here is info on the Texture mods themselves, including how to download and install:

Skies of Arcadia HD v0.06 (June 27, 2020) (dolphin-emu.org)

I didn't play too far since I already have an active play-thru on Dreamcast I've slowly been chewing through, but I can't wait to play the entire game again on Dolphin with the texture pack and widescreen hack!

Thanks, looks great!

Don't forget to remove the fog when you play on Dolphin, as well. There's a bit of pop-in on the overworld when you do this, but it's still much preferable to only being able to see a very short distance in front of you. And make sure to turn it back on during the fog dungeon under the ice cap, of course.