• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Those are some nice Hills in that game . Wonder why they were so Silent about it.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Huh.

Reminds me of the old genesis Asterix and Oboliesk games.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Did they just..released this with no marketing whatsoever?

Looks ok, but poor devs.
How's THIS for marketing???

RFzY9oW.jpg

oh....not great?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Konami used to have the weirdest E3 press conferences? Apparently the person in charge of them now runs the Twitter feed.

By the way, it's about a 4 hour game. My review is late because I lost all internet last night but I beat it start to finish in a single sitting. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but something to be aware of.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Remember when Konami used to have the weirdest E3 press conferences? Apparently the person in charge of them now runs the Twitter feed.

By the way, it's about a 4 hour game. My review is late because I lost all internet last night but I beat it start to finish in a single sitting. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but something to be aware of.
4 hours is perfect! Too many long ass games these days.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
This feels like a classic Konami thing to do, although I can't remember the last indie they published.

They've gotten better at promoting their own games but I guess that doesn't apply to anything else their publishing.
"2D Indie platformer"

How is this an indie game when it comes from Konami??
"Indie" just means "developed by a small studio" these days.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

That makes me way more interested in it.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Why not just postpone the release? Seems like a internal communication issue.
Unfortunately you can't really just press a button and postpone a release last minute like this. The logistics of shifting a release take a bit of time on consoles and as it stands with COVID-19, I know at very least Sony's publishing team is not operating at full capacity. All they can really do is postpone their marketing for the game considering this situation basically appeared out of nowhere less than a week ago. Realistically, they probably had to make the entirety of this decision yesterday given everyone would have been out of office for the weekend.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Konami, a publisher often rumored to have ties to the yakuza, are releasing a game by a developer named "Ukuza."

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this a Metroidvania or a linear stage by stage platformer? There's so little footage of the game online.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Steam page says it's a roguelike but I can't find anything to corroborate that.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching some more footage and it's weird to me that the protagonist doesn't have clothes or signifying items or anything. He's just a naked cartoon skeleton with a sword.

Like give him a hoodie or something to make him cute and relatable. No game has ever done that.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately you can't really just press a button and postpone a release last minute like this. The logistics of shifting a release take a bit of time on consoles and as it stands with COVID-19, I know at very least Sony's publishing team is not operating at full capacity. All they can really do is postpone their marketing for the game considering this situation basically appeared out of nowhere less than a week ago. Realistically, they probably had to make the entirety of this decision yesterday given everyone would have been out of office for the weekend.

I'm sorry but that's simply not true. The game was initially due out in... mid-April? I forget the exact date. Either way, it was delayed a couple days before release to June 1. Seeing as it was a shadow-drop, the game known with a published web page but its association with Konami being a weirdly-tight secret, nobody really noticed at the time.

Steam page says it's a roguelike but I can't find anything to corroborate that.

Steam page is wrong. It's levels and rooms are all hand-designed, no random anything.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I'm sorry but that's simply not true. The game was initially due out in... mid-April? I forget the exact date. Either way, it was delayed a couple days before release to June 1. Seeing as it was a shadow-drop, the game known with a published web page but its association with Konami being a weirdly-tight secret, nobody really noticed at the time.
What did I say that wasn't true? You can't delay console games in an instant (this is a fact), companies (at very least Sony which I know for a fact) aren't operating at full internal capacity and that they were very likely away from work for the weekend (not a fact but do you really think they work weekends?)

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. That the game was delayed last-minute last time?