• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimius

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, everyone. I hope it's fair that I post this here. I've followed skater82297 for a long time, and seen him set a couple of WR. He's currently 2nd place, and is doing casual streams of OOT randos and the likes. He lives at home, and it turns out his mother isn't really in a good financial situation. She's on disability, with a small side job. She's incurred a lot of debt, but the most prominent feature of it is that as it stands, the heat in their house is turned off. Skater's doing this 24 hour stream in hope to raise 500$, which is what they need to be able to get the heat back on. It's sadly not a permanent situation, but he wishes to do what he can to contribute. He's a name that's pretty well known, at least in the community. Hbomberguy's video on speedrunning was book-ended by skater's runs. He's been putting aside streaming as an income, trying to get a job. He currently doesn't have one, and this is what he's best at, and is his best way of contributing. I think that's a great thing to do, and hope to do what I can to help.

gXYCVgn.jpg

(twitch link: https://www.twitch.tv/skater82297)

I'm matching half the amount of all donations he's getting in, until we're up at 500$. I'm posting this here to in hope to attract some more viewers. He's a great guy, and even that notwithstanding, no one should have their heat turned off during winter months in Colorado. He's currently running Any% runs, and will do some OOT randomizers as the day progresses.

Voxl

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did my part - dont know the guy but nobody should be freezing in their own home.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
This is the US in a nutshell.
In my country it is illegal to turn off the power or heat/evict people even if they can't pay in the winter.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the US in a nutshell.
In my country it is illegal to turn off the power or heat/evict people even if they can't pay in the winter.

I....thought it was illegal in the US as well (regarding turning off a home's heat...it's definitely legal to evict in the winter).

Holy shit if this isn't the case. Maybe it's just in certain parts of the country.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I hate that the internet has caused me to be cynical of everything. Read the topic and OP and instantly my guard goes up with all these "what if" ideas and random, almost blaming scenarios.

Click on the stream to see the pure joy of a guy saying he can't wait to shower again, thanks to some of you. Completely put so many of my bias in check.

So happy there are good people in the world.

Oct 28, 2017
I didnt think you could cut off the heat in the US between October and March, even if the bill is past due.

Good luck to him anyway. Been there and it sucks.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:
OP
OP
Septimius

Septimius

Oct 25, 2017
Man, shit, thanks Era. I was hoping my matching half of the donations would go some way towards 500$, but I'm so happy you guys helped to blast past the goal so fast. This is truly heartwarming

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Great to see such kindness. Looks like he's gonna pay the bill immediately.