• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

io7nT9P.gif

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Yeha I'm skeptical. Why not just say Skate 4 and splash up a graphic of literally a deck with that title on it. Makes zero sense.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
year 0: game announced

year 1: concept art and studio tour

year 2: more concept art, off-screen footage of early development, footage of skateboarders in mocap suits

year 3: "and Skate 4 is coming next year"

year 4: Skate 4 comes out, it only sells OK

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
How does Skate compare to THPS? I only played the first 2 on N64.

It had a dual analog control scheme and was more about skating around a city and finding skate spots than it was about giant combos in a run like Tony Hawk. It also took off on Youtube years after the series was seemingly done because of the Hall of Meat mode where you tried to crash off of tall things and break as many bones as you could.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Does my memory fail me? I don't remember people liking Skate very much. Were subsequent games in the series better?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Ok now that it's coming out, I can move it from the "meme" part of my brain to the reality part of it. I've never played Skate, but I eventually got burnt out on THPS. What's Skate got to offer a jaded THPS fan?

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
There's so much room for this to go bad, even if it's a console game. Not stopping me from getting hype though!

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Is this gonna be a Mirror's Edge situation where the squeal is released and every one forgets it exists because it's mediocre? Because that is my prediction.

It'll probably be better than THPS5.

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've calmed down and had time to think, this type of announcement has me worried slightly.

No logo, no developer. Is this Skate 4, or remasters of the 1-3? I'm getting Mirror's Edge Catalyst vibes.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
A truly impressive feat, to make a Skate 4 announcement this unexiciting.

Bro if they do all this and its Skate 3 Mobile or some shit EA will be in a world of hurt.

I can guarantee it's at least a console title, EA can't be that dumb....at least I hope not.

On some level I kinda hope it's this, just to see the shitshow.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they should let Tyler the Creator produce the soundtrack. let the game be rated M for it

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
"This is the beginning! You made it happen!"

So... after all these years, they're getting started.... now? I'm a tad annoyed lol

RaderCZ

May 12, 2020
1) Cuz Parry = Kabam studios = mobile games
2) Pro skater Jason Dill said they offered him appearance in Skate for mobile in May
3) It hurts but I am afraid It's Skate for mobile guys...

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed they do it right... I have zero faith in EA, but Skate was pretty much the last franchise of theirs to hold any interest from me after they screwed up the Mirrors Edge sequel.

Also, thought I might signal boost an upcoming indie skate game, because I forgot to do it in the last Skate 4 prayer thread.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1) Cuz Parry = Kabam studios = mobile games
2) Pro skater Jason Dill said they offered him appearance in Skate for mobile in May
3) It hurts but I am afraid It's Skate for mobile guys...
I really doubt they'd be like, "you guys have been asking for this for a long time, Skate's back on the menu!"

And then announce Skate Mobile.

The long-running meme has always been Skate 4.

Skate Mobile would destroy kill their rep.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see people treat it like that Mirrors Edge sequel. "Man if we could just get a sequel to Mirrors Edge!" Then it came out and nobody bothered. I feel like this is what's also going to happen to Skate.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
I would be WAY more excited if Session didn't go into Xbox Early Access literally today, and if Skater XL and THPS 1+2 wasn't on the horizon. A fourth control scheme three years from now isn't a hype moment to me (I know Skate has been around longer - I played 3 last week - but after I put some time into Session I really don't care to re-learn EA's system. THPS will just click when I pick up a controller because it's just easier/arcadey anyway.