• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
The only question left now is whether the meme will be more or less funny after the game has been released

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody said Skate 4 and the original developer is dead, so I have 0 hope for this at all

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5NJt8bm.gif

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It almost feels like someone at Ea saw the Tony Hawk remaster and said "alright shit guess we'll do Skate then".

They didn't even show a logo. I'm not sure they have office space allocated for devs yet.

Goron2000

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They had nothing to show? Not even a logo. This seemed so early that I bet it was greenlighted after they saw the THPS remake preorder numbers.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Skate well enough but I don't think the meme is going to turn into the sales they're hoping for

I'm just salty that skate gets another chance while Fight Night is still beyond dead.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I liked Skate well enough but I don't think the meme is going to turn into the sales they're hoping for

I'm just salty that skate gets another chance while Fight Night is still beyond dead.
i mean skate 3 was still selling really well like a year ago or whatever, right? i think it'll be fine

but also if you've been missing skate why aren't you just playing skater xl

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I CANT BELIEVE IT
THIS IS THE BIGGEST MEGATON OF ALL TIME HOLY FUCKING SHIT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
I can't even get excited about this. It's obvious that EA saw all the hype for the other skateboarding games and decided to resurrect Skate. This new skate probably won't be out before 2022 or 2023. I'll save my hype for when they have something to show lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Look forward to it. Sounds like it is a long while out though so not too much to be hyped about for me yet. Excited to see it when it's done.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited, although that announcement felt a bit rushed. Like they didn't even have a logo or something. Was it perhaps greenlit not too long ago? Did someone at EA see the Tony Hawk remake and go: "What do you mean Activision is doing a Tony Hawk remake? Wilson, call the Skate guys!"

I'm excited it's finally happening. I hope it'll be good.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Nobody said Skate 4 and the original developer is dead, so I have 0 hope for this at all

Cuz is involved, so that's enough reason to be hyped imo. He was pretty much the spearhead at Black Box in terms of interacting with and responding to the communities desires with action. Basically the Beating Heart of the Skate series.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
An announcement like this worries me a lot, the game doesn't exist yet.

I'm excited, but I find it super risky to announce so early.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Read the OP with Jeff Grubb's tweet about them probably starting over and beginning development.
Oh cool. Well that's cool at least it's happening then. I don't think the comments made too much impact but the excitement and hype for other skating games drove them to finally do it.

Won't ever really know but if it was because of comments I think it would've been started way earlier than now. Good news though