• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teusery

May 18, 2022
www.tmz.com

Ricky Martin Faces Prison Over Incest, DV Allegations from Nephew, Singer Calls BS

Ricky Martin is reportedly facing 50 years behind bars in his domestic violence case, where the alleged victim is his 21-year-old nephew.

Ricky Martin's alleged domestic violence accuser is one of his own family members ... and now the pop star's reportedly staring down the possibility of a half-century behind bars.

A new report Friday from Spanish news website Marca identifies Ricky's accuser as his 21-year-old nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sanchez, which would introduce incest into the case in Puerto Rico.

The singer's brother, Eric Martin, reportedly identified the alleged victim ... and Ricky is going to court July 21. Under Puerto Rican law, there are harsher penalties for certain sexual crimes when the alleged victim is related to the accused, but it is unclear exactly what Martin is facing.

Nevertheless, Marca is reporting that Martin faces up to 50 years behind bars if convicted.

As we reported ... Ricky was accused of domestic violence earlier this month, and the alleged victim, whose identity was previously unknown, got a temporary restraining order against Ricky, who has denied the allegations.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I heard about this a few weeks ago. I was actually in a Ricky concert months ago. What the F can I say? This is so sick.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I was despairing at the thought of never comfortably listening to Hero or Do You Know ever again but then I remembered that was Enrique Iglesias, so Im good.

Ricky, fuck off, you give Puerto Ricans a bad name.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on twitter, instantly knew i should stop lookinga t twiter

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to say. That's just fucked. That said, I'm not clear on what he's going to court for? The domestic violence accusation, is it a sexual violence accusation, or for incest? Is it all 3?

gerg

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to say. That's just fucked. That said, I'm not clear on what he's going to court for? The domestic violence accusation, is it a sexual violence accusation, or for incest? Is it all 3?

From what I could tell from the article it was "only" domestic violence after the nephew tried to break up with him.

The incest is weird but there doesn't seem to be anything yet to suggest that the nephew was coerced into a relationship, at least from what I read.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
From what I could tell from the article it was "only" domestic violence after the nephew tried to break up with him.

The incest is weird but there doesn't seem to be anything yet to suggest that the nephew was coerced into a relationship, at least from what I read.

The fuck is this? A 21 year old being in a relationship with their 50 year old uncle is inherently coerced. The amount of power and influence in that relationship leaves no alternative and that's not even taking into account the man being incredibly rich and famous.

The incest is a lot of things. An abuse of power, horrifying, disgusting, and a lot more. But "weird" is certainly a choice

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
... Not that loca my guy.

But seriously, I hope the victims get some justice. Obviously can't speak on the substance of the case

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The fuck is this? A 21 year old being in a relationship with their 50 year old uncle is inherently coerced. The amount of power and influence in that relationship leaves no alternative and that's not even taking into account the man being incredibly rich and famous.

The incest is a lot of things. An abuse of power, horrifying, disgusting, and a lot more. But "weird" is certainly a choice

Is there an incest defense force?!

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nephew is 21. wonder if this is a grooming situation. doesn't say when the relationship started.

Mar 11, 2020
nephew is 21. wonder if this is a grooming situation. doesn't say when the relationship started.
The article did. Said it was a 7 month relationship the nephew was trying to end.

Please let's not speculate this is grooming unless evidence of that actual comes out as to not give more ammunition than idiots are already gonna use against lgbt people with this.

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think TMZ should be banned from Era.

This article presents the story better: https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...w/news-story/10f1878089cb0923f9119b5515ab4d60

The way TMZ presented it, I thought Ricky was being charged for incest. The charge is for domestic violence that could carry up to 50 years in prison, but likely won't.

I'm confused- this article basically says the same thing. It's DV that may have a sexual component, hence the potential high penalty, likely to be incest based on the accuser.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I'm confused- this article basically says the same thing. It's DV that may have a sexual component, hence the potential high penalty, likely to be incest based on the accuser.

Are you really suggesting TMZ has no motives in the way they've presented the article?

Its a sick situation and I kinda expect more than "whoa, Ricky touched his nephew, might go to jail for domestic violence and we reached out but no response!"

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Commentary

Is there an incest defense force?!
people are confusing incest with statutory rape. if two consenting adults who happen to be related want to do things to each other, i don't care. yes it's gross, it's creepy but it shouldn't be illegal and it's definitely not criminal.

of course if this started when the nephew was under 16 then that's criminal - the statutory rape part, not the incest part. a quick google search shows that the age of consent in Puerto Rico is 16, so take that in mind.