• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017

w1t6ze4tq7s21.jpg

htvq7ec7skr21.jpg

0ctvi23yzqr21.jpg

The world's best airport got even better it seems. It looks like a combination of Gardens by the Bay and MBS and it's all underground. I love the use of so much greenery. Has anyone on ERA visited it yet? I'll be there early next year. Can't wait.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017

w1t6ze4tq7s21.jpg

htvq7ec7skr21.jpg

0ctvi23yzqr21.jpg

The world's best airport got even better it seems. It looks like a combination of Gardens by the Bay and MBS and it's all underground. I love the use of so much greenery. Has anyone on ERA visited it yet? I'll be there early next year. Can't wait.
Damn! That's cool in Canada the airports are pretty standard. I would love to see new airports like this.

The Waistcoat

Nov 8, 2017
I was there last week and it was an amazing place to explore and spend time in. I wish all airports were that nice.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Singapore's honestly just flexing at this point. Changi was already the nicest airport I've ever been to (hell it has a theatre and a butterfly enclosure!), and they continue to outdo themselves.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Looks amazing. I think our new Istanbul Airport is the biggest in the world but it is as lifeless as a potato.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
That's gorgeous.

US airports could learn a lot from Asia. I've never been to Singapore, but I always loved traveling through Incheon International when I was living in Korea.

Last edited:

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I must have missed the nice parts when I was there last year. I was expecting greatness but aesthetic wise it looked like any basic airport you see anywhere.

I will say their customs and taxi stand lines were efficient as hell. That made me jealous. You basically have to pay for Global Entry as a US citizen to get that level of speed entering the country.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
US has the ugliest goddamn airports in the world. Crumbling from the inside, horrible overcrowding at the gates, bad layout and just plain boring and ugly designs. Then you walk into these frequent flyer clubs that are pretty nice. Capitalism at it's finest

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Only briefly checked out the butterfly park in the airport when I visited, and it was nice, though small. Maybe not the best thing to do right before travelling since it's a humid spot.

If you go to Singapore, you pretty much need to accomodate for some time in/around the airport. I.e. arrive maybe 5+ hours early instead of 3 so you can roam around leisurely, grab a bite to eat, take some nice photos, etc. The only other Pokemon Center outside of Japan is in there too now, right?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I visit Changi about once a year and honestly it's one of my favourite places in the world. It's amazing.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
I've visited it, it's amazing. And that is also compounded because US has such a crappy airport. I'm not a singaporean.

And the only reason they can do it because Singapore has very little corruption, hence they can assign proper budget and do their jobs properly.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
yup, usually when we go to Singapore, we go to the airport early when coming back home, best airport in the world!

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And that my friends, is the Citadel from Mass Effect, just need the BG music playing to make it complete.

I love Singapore, my company had business with Singapore Pools (horse races, football), used to love being sent out there for months.

That mix of malay/chinese food, omg.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They yelled at me when I started eating the butterflies. Man put up a sign for gosh's sakes how am I supposed to know every nuance of local customs? I literally just got off the plane.

Also call me when these barbarians can even kiss the hem of LAX or Newark Liberty. Literally think you've been raptured even before the freeway offramp. And those TSA Adonii and venuses practically sing you to your boarding gate.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore Changi, Hong Kong, Tokyo Narita, and Seoul Incheon are some of my favorite airports.

This man knows what's up.

Incheon might be the most impressive I've ever been to, by a large margin, but this looks to dethrone that.

And I fucking love going through Narita when we stop over to grab a connecting flight. The open-kitchen McDonald's there is GOD-LIKE and has to be one of the best in the world. It's seriously not even like McDonald's, it's next-level in terms of quality and taste. And the things you get ALWAYS look like the goddamn photos. That's always been my Narita airport food ritual whenever I go there.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
US has the ugliest goddamn airports in the world. Crumbling from the inside, horrible overcrowding at the gates, bad layout and just plain boring and ugly designs. Then you walk into these frequent flyer clubs that are pretty nice. Capitalism at it's finest
To be fair, the US has dozens of major cities. Singapore has..Singapore.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
This looks like a Space Colony out of a Gundam show, just awesome. Never considered going to Singapore but maybe one day.

raygcon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, the US has dozens of major cities. Singapore has..Singapore.

That really is not a good excuse for a bad/ugly airport design. It's not like other bigger country like South Korea or Japan doesn't have a good airport too. US has many cities to look after, but they also has the biggest budget ever, more than any country in the world ( well, maybe China come close ). You should look at new Beijing international airport designed by Zara Hadid https://www.zaha-hadid.com/architecture/beijing-new-airport-terminal-building/ . I don't know , maybe asian countries just care more about their infrastructure ?

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
So the airport is basically a mall/center as well? That's dope.
Yes this is between the terminals. Quite a few locals go during weekends, but haven't been there myself yet. No real desire to go and stand in line. And shopping wise I can get everything I want in more convenient locations (or delivered at home).

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seeing it the first time made me feel like I was walking into freaking Jurassic Park. The way the layout of the mall works, you get the incredible landscape view every time you walk towards the center with the freefall fountain.

I also like going there since it has the closest IMAX theatre to where I live. Watching Spidey there next week.

So the airport is basically a mall/center as well? That's dope.

There's even a mini hotel for layovers.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Hi all,

Singaporean here...and yes, Jewel is kinda amazing. It's essentially a dome with a giant waterfall in the middle and an 'forested garden' surrounding that waterfall. It can be pretty daunting and confusing to walk through as it's a circle.

Gibbo

The Fallen
Nov 20, 2017
I live about 10 mins away from Changi Airport/Jewel. The place is amazing - but I usually avoid it on the weekends. Way too crowded

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Wow, so much greenery. Much better than the tin cans most airports aspire to be.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This makes Philly and Newark's airports (the ones I use most often) look like some depleted bombed out 3rd world dumpster fires in comparison.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Well SeaTac is turning itself into a tacky mall. What's better, some stupid nature stuff or conspicuous consumption?