• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lol alt. What a fucking loser.

And lol at the poster that came to their defense. lol x 2

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shhh. Let the hive mind continue on the dogpile and act like this speech fucks anything up for the dem party

The old man has his take tonight in a floor speech. Acting like Manchin and Sinema haven't had bad takes this term and actually crippled the Dem agenda.

You were fist-bumping with a troll account...

So anyway about that big W the dems are getting on green energy.

Its a first step. We needed one at this damn point.

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Obviously a troll, but it's astounding that there are people out there who actually think like that

Totally deranged

Oct 27, 2017
Please don't feed the troll. Guy is obviously prefers the fascists who are attempting to overthrow our democracy at every turn.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all took the bait, ignore that idiot and let's be happy that we're finally making some positive progress.

Eh, it's fun calling people out to be dipshits while we watch the vote go our way 😂😂 Still good for the ban, tho. Imagine having such a sad existence that you make troll accounts on a video game forum to try to annoy people in political threads

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
So anyway about that big W the dems are getting on green energy.

That part.

Despite the shitty state of our union, I really have to commend the Biden Administration, and the Democratic Party, for keeping their head down, their feet to the ground, and passing some of the most Progressive legislation this country has ever seen.

Is shit perfect? No. Could Dems be better? Absolutely. But the doing of the work continues.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That part.

Despite the shitty state of our union, I really have to commend the Biden Administration, and the Democratic Party, for keeping their head down, their feet to the ground, and passing some of the most Progressive legislation this country has ever seen.

Is shit perfect? No. Could Dems be better? Absolutely. But the doing of the work continues.
I mean, Biden said he find a way to get us through a 50/50 senate.

We got

-Chips Bill
-Gun legistlation
-Covid rescue plan
-IRA bill
-All those judges

Pretty damn productive 2 years I'd say. I still want more like electoral reform and civil rights legislation but take what we got threaded a needle through the smallest of holes.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That part.

I really hate that it took 4 years of Wannabe-Dictator + a global pandemic to make progressive shit actually able to pass congress.

Oct 27, 2017
That part.

This is the exact sentiment we should all have. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good...

Pragmatism is key.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The EV stuff could end up fundamentally changing the transportation industry in many different ways. I imagine automakers have been lobbying nonstop, what the final bill looks like will be Interesting to say the least.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I believe it needs to be manufactured in NA.

Yeah I thought I had heard something like that. I just wasn't sure if it was time limited or like the first one where it applied to the first X amount of sales, or (hopefully) a "permanent" thing that lasted until it was removed later on (probably by R's because heaven forbid they don't screw shit up lol)

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
If Biden keeps this up, he'll go down (so far) as my favorite President while I've been alive.

And ain't THAT the gag!?!?

To this day, the thing I say about Biden, is that when he announced his candidacy and we knew what the primary field would look like back in 2018, Biden wasn't my first or fifth choice.

Only one person I knew had it down from the start that Biden would win and deliver.

And that was my goddamn father. The second Biden announced he said, "Biden's got it" and never wavered. No way! I said. Look how sloppy his campaign is! I said.

Like, I'm not still trying to be eating crow from the man in my 30s.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And ain't THAT the gag!?!?

To this day, the thing I say about Biden, is that when he announced his candidacy and we knew what the primary field would look like back in 2018, Biden wasn't my first or fifth choice.

Only one person I knew had it down from the start that Biden would win and deliver.

And that was my goddamn father. The second Biden announced he said, "Biden's got it" and never wavered. No way! I said. Look how sloppy his campaign is! I said.

Like, I'm not still trying to be eating crow from the man in my 30s.
Who knew the long time senator and level headed VP would have a handle on a 50/50 senate.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only Senator your should stan is Sherrod "I'm from Ohio and voting like I'm representing Oregon" Brown, but unfortunately, short of Donald Trump proclaiming he'll sick the NCAA on THE Ohio State, he's gone in 2024.

But yeah, a great day for the Democrat's.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only Senator your should stan is Sherrod "I'm from Ohio and voting like I'm representing Oregon" Brown, but unfortunately, short of Donald Trump proclaiming he'll sick the NCAA on THE Ohio State, he's gone in 2024.

But yeah, a great day for the Democrat's.
I mean...let's not rule anything out.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but where are we exactly wrt the vote?

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017

It makes sense. He more than anyone else has to defend his vote for it. Given the options of "more stuff," "some stuff," and "nothing at all," most other Senators and their constituencies wanted "more stuff." Manchin wanted "some stuff" but most voters in West Virginia, along with other Republicans, wanted "nothing at all." So while other Senators might be complaining that it doesn't do "more stuff," Manchin is out there to explain to his voters that "some stuff" is actually pretty great and in fact better than "nothing at all."

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
The EV stuff could end up fundamentally changing the transportation industry in many different ways. I imagine automakers have been lobbying nonstop, what the final bill looks like will be Interesting to say the least.

Read the Detroit Free Press this month, it feels like there's a massive shift happening. Some automakers are preparing massive cuts in their gasoline powered divisions while investing heavily in their electric workforce. There was an article with a line hinting that one automaker was looking to discontinue most of their gasoline powered vehicles. We're rumbling for a change.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He only got 53% in 2018 during a blue wave

Yeah - unfortunately, education polarization is going to knock out Tester, Brown, and Manchin in 2024, and probably make Baldwin's ree-election a much harder thing since 2024 will be the first non-Democratic leaning year those seats have been up in since 2000. Now, if Vance/Dr. Oz candidates type win primaries, they all have a small chance, but that level of candidate easily won the Governorship last year in Montana and West Virginia is West Virginia.

In a perfect world, the GOP would've nominated Rubio in 2016, there hasn't been the full education polarization we saw the past few years, and they all have an outside shot.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
has anything yet been definitively decided about means testing for EV tax credits?
I think there is a cap on the price of the car. $80k for trucks, vans, SUVs and $55k for cars.

It is a point of sale credit, not one you have to file for on your tax return. It appears the income limit is at $150k for single filers and $300k household. That was from a couple days ago. The bill text is out but I haven't read it.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Biden said he find a way to get us through a 50/50 senate.

We got

-Chips Bill
-Gun legistlation
-Covid rescue plan
-IRA bill
-All those judges

Pretty damn productive 2 years I'd say. I still want more like electoral reform and civil rights legislation but take what we got threaded a needle through the smallest of holes.
You forgot:
-infrastructure (which also includes green energy and conservation pieces)
-Saving the us postal service
-And potentially some minor but substantial government reform through the electoral count act (versions from late last year had minor parts of hr1 in it)
-and marriage equality

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You forgot:
-infrastructure (which also includes green energy and conservation pieces)
-Saving the us postal service
-And potentially some minor but substantial government reform through the electoral count act (versions from late last year had minor parts of hr1 in it)
-and marriage equality
So yeah pretty damn good so far given what we've got.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Two-time Presidential loser Bernie doing Bernie shit. This is why Progressives won't be viable national candidates. They have this all or none philosphy. Like it or not, Moderates get shit done because they realize they'll never get 100% of what they want in a 60/40 country with gerrymandering and a 24/7 propaganda network.

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
I think there is a cap on the price of the car. $80k for trucks, vans, SUVs and $55k for cars.

It is a point of sale credit, not one you have to file for on your tax return. It appears the income limit is at $150k for single filers and $300k household. That was from a couple days ago. The bill text is out but I haven't read it.

thanks for the info! sounds good to me.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
So yeah pretty damn good so far given what we've got.
I think the main issues were the with the Afghanistan withdrawal and Covid appearing to really start going away due to vaccine rollout in late spring/early summer 2021 - then the variants started hitting. Just two big things nearly back to back that turned a lot of people off.

Then supply chain chaos and buying habits changing leading in part to inflationary issues. Then stock market, gas, etc. Just a lot of sustained sour news over the last year that overshadowed and more immediately affected people versus a lot of the legislative stuff.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I think everyone who is voting for this bill should talk positively about what they see as the benefits instead of complaining about what they see as the drawbacks. I don't think it's that big of an ask, really.