• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
This dumb piece of shit is making free ads for Republicans for the fall. He's always had shit political instincts but this is really special, even for him.

do they need his help? if he doesn't give this speech, are they gonna come out and go "uh... we got nothing, enjoy your presidency biden"?

no! they have ads! they will have ads! it doesn't matter!

be glad he's not becoming Left Manchin and saying he won't vote for it, is what I say. because he could. he could go "this bill sucks and I refuse to vote for it" and kill it, if he wanted to. but he's not. he's giving his speech, which is basically just his stump speech, because all of his speeches are. everybody already knows. nobody's watching. nobody cares. the theoretical Bernie Sanders Attack Ads will not be the death of the democratic majority.

it's going to be ok.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie Sanders: "We're primed for fascism in this country"
Also Bernie Sanders: "Let me give a speech that will help fascists get elected"

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
do they need his help? if he doesn't give this speech, are they gonna come out and go "uh... we got nothing, enjoy your presidency biden"?

be glad he's not becoming Left Manchin and saying he won't vote for it, is what I say. because he could. he could go "this bill sucks and I refuse to vote for it" and kill it, if he wanted to. but he's not. he's giving his speech, which is basically just his stump speech, because all of his speeches are. everybody already knows. nobody's watching. nobody cares. the theoretical Bernie Sanders Attack Ads will not be the death of the democratic majority.

it's going to be ok.
Stop defending this turd.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Sanders: "We're primed for fascism in this country"
Also Bernie Sanders: "Let me give a speech that will help fascists get elected"

Its almost Sanders is a self-righteous asshole or something...

it's going to be ok.

Why your only defense for him "...well at least he's not Machin!" you KNOW Sanders has done something very stupid...

Oct 22, 2020
I really, really admire Bernie Sanders in so many ways - but this speech is an example of Sanders at his most self-destructive.

I get it - he's pissed at Manchin for killing the previous, much larger package and now taking the credit for this version. This speech is aimed squarely at Manchin.

But get over it. Take the W, you bitter old coot.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
First Bernie siding with the GOP in opposing CHIPS, now this. What an embarrassment.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Y'all really shouldn't be surprised that Bernie "Marched With King and That's All I Got" Sanders is like this.

Some of us knew it. Saw through the okey doke from Day 1.

And tried to tell yall.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all really shouldn't be surprised that Bernie "Marched With King and That's All I Got" Sanders is like this.

And tried to tell yall.
The day he said his plan to pass M4A was to have people march down Washington and pressure Mitch McConnell, I knew

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Oct 22, 2020
His political instincts are just fucking dogshit.

Brings back memories of him being on the cusp of running away with the nomination in 2020 - and then deciding to publicly go to war with the "Democratic establishment" instead of trying to rally the party faithful behind him.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

And tried to tell yall.

Oh, I'm not surprised, I've found Bernie insufferable for nearly a decade. This is just an even more acutely annoying act by him. Basically a toddler having a fit.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
His political instincts are just fucking dogshit.

Brings back memories of him being on the cusp of running away with the nomination in 2020 - and then deciding to publicly go to war with the "Democratic establishment" instead of trying to rally the party faithful behind him.

I'm sorry, WHAT? Barring Biden and like 4 other frontrunners dropping dead of a heart attack in the middle of the primaries, there was NEVER a chance in hell Sanders was getting the nom. Dems were always going to coalesce around a more moderate candidate, whoever that was.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, WHAT? Barring Biden and like 4 other frontrunners dropping dead of a heart attack in the middle of the primaries, there was NEVER a chance in hell Sanders was getting the nom. Dems were always going to coalesce around a more moderate candidate, whoever that was.
He genuinely thought they would allfight and split the vote. I've seen voters call their coalescing as "cheating."

Oct 22, 2020
Sanders was absolutely the front runner before South Carolina stopped him dead in his tracks. Biden performed like absolute ass in the early primaries and there wasn't anyone else doing much better.

In these primary races, if you start to build a string of victories, it can be really hard to derail you. Sanders was nearly there. And he fucked it up with an absolutely insane divide-and-conquer strategy that pissed everyone off instead of getting everyone behind him.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Sanders was absolutely the front runner before South Carolina stopped him dead in his tracks. Biden performed like absolute ass in the early primaries and there wasn't anyone else doing much better.

In these primary races, if you start to build a string of victories, it can be really hard to derail you. Sanders was nearly there.

Sanders was never there, because he never addressed his fatal flaw: Black folks seeing right through his bullshit and not giving a shit about him.

South Carolina was always destined to be his downfall.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Good is the enemy of great w/ Bernie and his most ardent supporters.

Their complete lack of political pragmatism is why they can simultatenous boost incredibly popular policy in the US and still always lose.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Why your only defense for him "...well at least he's not Machin!" you KNOW Sanders has done something very stupid...

this is not my defense of him in any way? my defense of him - specifically my defense of him giving a speech, because I personally disagree with him on the merits of this bill, as is visible if you look at basically any of my posts over the past three days - is that you are all deeply politics-brained weirdoes watching a 95000-year-old man give a speech on cspan and going "HOW WILL THIS PLAY WITH THE ELECTORATE" when 30% of them are dedicated democrats, 30% of them are wolves baying for the blood of all minorities, and the rest of them see political ads and go "I fucking hate these ads, I want to watch my NCIS rerun, isn't the IRA a retirement plan, I wish I had one of those".

none of this shit matters.

bernie sanders asked for six trillion dollars of spending in this plan, and ended up with maybe 500bn. he got 8% of what he wanted, and he's voting for the thing anyway. his price is you have to let him give a speech on cspan about how you suck and introduce some amendments for you to vote down. he's the cheapest vote in the entire caucus by a mile. you should take it and be happy.

I get that you're all upset because you think everybody to the left of you is an idiot who will see "bernie sanders thinks the ira kinda sucks, actually" and will go "THAT SOLVES IT, I'M VOTING FOR THE RACIST WOLVES", but I promise you, it's going to be ok. the democratic party can withstand a speech by bernie sanders. this will not be the death of the republic. it's going to be ok.

Oct 22, 2020
Sanders was never there, because he never addressed his fatal flaw: Black folks seeing right through his bullshit and not giving a shit about him.

Don't fundamentally disagree with this - Sanders was never winning over Black voters - but the problem was that before the Clyburn endorsement, it was very unclear who the Sanders alternative was going to be.

There's an alternate scenario in which nobody could decide who to coalesce behind because everyone looked so weak, so South Carolina ends up being a split decision rather than a devastating loss for Sanders - and Sanders goes into Super Tuesday in a pretty strong position compared to the rest of the crowd.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we still huffing "here's how Bernie can still win" copium in the year of our lord 2022

Believe me, it'll be 2032 and some people will still be spouting it. I knew a couple Ron Paul supporters that were still talking about how Ron was "cheated" and "robbed by the establishment" (sound familiar?) until as recently as like 2019.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

In these primary races, if you start to build a string of victories, it can be really hard to derail you. Sanders was nearly there. And he fucked it up with an absolutely insane divide-and-conquer strategy that pissed everyone off instead of getting everyone behind him.

Yes, but keep in mind that Sanders' reputation with Black voters is so abysmal that there was absolutely 0% chance that he was not getting blown out in South Carolina. None. The man got booed on stage when he tried to trot out the "I marched with King" nonsense at She The People months prior. His reputation with that community was AWFUL.

exactly. You cannot win a democratic nomination if Black Voters hate you as much as they hate bernie sanders. It's like trying to get the GOP nomination if Evangelicals refuse to vote for you.

Keep in mind that even had everyone else not dropped out immediately after south carolina, Super Tuesday was 15 states, of which Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, AND Virginia have black populations that punch well above their weight in democratic primaries. All of them would have been embarassments for him.

The only path to victory for sanders was the possibility that everyone else would refuse to drop out, nobody got a majority, and a contested convention occurred. That's it.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
How long is the EV car credit? Like if I buy an EV in 2025 or 2026?

Is Insulin at 35$ in this?

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And tried to tell yall.

He thought he was gonna win by only keeping 30% of the voters.

LOL.

LMAO.

NoNutNed

alt account
Banned
Aug 2, 2022
Oof, Bernie saying it's the "so-called Inflation Reduction Act," and that it will have a "minimal" impact on inflation.

He's a good guy and means well but has very little political skill.
I mean he's telling the truth. That used to matter but I guess you prefer he spout bullshit?

This bill has absolutely nothing to do with inflation.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

LOL.

LMAO.

I mean, really.

It's like, I don't understand how anyone who claims to uphold Democratic principles, fan or not, can overlook the fact that that was legitimately his strategy.

It's like people who turn around and try to defend caucuses.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want them to enact good policies that people want and then they will win. This bullshit ain't it and they deserve the bloodbath that's coming

Go on...

LOL.

LMAO.

I don't even find it funny anymore. It's just sad and pathetic. Worse still is how so many of his stans to this day keep spouting "RIGGED!" and "CONSPIRACY!" because they don't know, and more importantly, don't WANT to know how primaries actually fucking work.

Oct 22, 2020
I mean he's telling the truth. That used to matter but I guess you prefer he spout bullshit?

This bill has absolutely nothing to do with inflation.
I mean the truth is also that this bill is the single biggest investment in green energy in world history, but Sanders didn't bother mentioning that while dropping his set of truths in his pissy floor speech.