• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's Resident Evil 5.

Resident-Evil-5-feature-672x372.jpg

I never have played the original three games and RE4 was my first one into the franchise that I really didn't end up liking even after trying multiple attempts on it since I was in only middle school when I first played it back in 2008 and thought I would like it a couple years later......that end up not happening. Resident Evil 5 I pretty much got a couple months after it released and picked it up as a whim when my cousin came to visit me. We became glued to this game pretty much due the cooperative aspect, even after he went back home we played it online and I even played it with randoms if he wasn't available. I've heard it sucks going through the game solo especially with the AI but I don't really recall ever playing through the game solo before. It definitely was one of my most memorable and favorite coop experiences just replaying through the game countless times. Nothing in the series really came close to it, maybe RE7 and RE2R but I definitely didn't have as much fun replaying those as to RE5 and while I like some of the multiplayer and action bits of RE6 kinda like re4 I wasn't vibing with the game.

I do need to play the Revelation games as I heard they're solid as well, especially the raid mode.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
RE4 is still my favorite RE game, with 7 & 2 Remake not being far behind.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
RE4. One of my absolute favorites period. I do love RE5 though. RE7 in VR is the scariest experience I've had with any form of media.

Dec 23, 2017
My favorite is still the Resident Evil Remake.

residentevilremakebanner.jpg

Followed by Resident Evil Outbreak, then Resident Evil Revelations' Raid Mode.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Despite having the most hated character of the franchise in it, I've always put Code Veronica up there with the original RE2. Close second is/are RE4 and RE2make. Don't really care about this too serious direction that RE7 and the upcoming Village are having.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
RE2 Remake followed by RE1 Remake and RE4.

The only mainline games I don't actively enjoy are 0 and 6

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
RE1R is about as close to a perfect game for me with RE2R being close second. Not gonna lie, I'd put RE7 in third place too. I know it's a contentious title but it was the first game in years that made me feel like I was playing a proper RE game again.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RE4 and REmake. RE2make was also great

Honorable mention:Revelations on 3DS. Incredible how that game looms on such a hardware.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica, easily the best Resident Evil game too and criminally overlooked and underrated.

title.jpg

The atmosphere, varied environments, that private mansion music still haunts me to this day, best Chris design in the series. I love pretty much everything about it.
Screw plane tyrant though, worst boss encounter in the entire franchise

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Very nice question.

My first Resident Evil game (That I completed, as I tried the DS version of RE1 about the same time but I hated it ) was Resi 4, probably played it younger than I should have, and I absolutely loved it. It also became like a cute staple in my family, to this day we still say things like DETRÁS DE TI, IMBÉCIL as a joke. So it could be that, I absolutely adore that game.

That said, I love this saga in general. I played 7 recently and I'm playing Remake 2 recently, and they are so good. I loved Revelations 1 when it came out. 5 is pretty good, with its horrible partner AI and all, though coop is a blast. Even 6 is good. I really need to go back to the classics, I disliked them when I was younger because of their difficulty, but I played quite a bit of Remake before my old ass Wii broke down and I loved it, so I really need to go back to them.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Resident Evil 5 is my favorite. Just a lot of fun in co-op and wesker is always a treat. It's the closest the series has been to basically being Metal Gear so I've always loved it a bit more for that.

Oct 25, 2017
REmake followed closely by RE5

REmake is personally the best horror game of all time.
RE5 on the other hand was the best co-op experience i ever had.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
RE4 and 7. Not really digging the remakes so not excited for one of 4.

Super hyped for Village.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
I don't know why but the classic RE/Biohazard for PS1 still have a special place in my heart.
I do like the other RE games, especially RE2 and 3 Remake.
While I can't play games in first person view (due to motion sickness), I'm eager to see what capcom will bring in RE8.

Jan 15, 2019
Boring answer but RE4, particularly the Wii port because the aiming eliminated some unnecessary frustration with the controls. Very encouraged by what I've seen of Village, though. Reminds me a lot of RE4, and it kinda seems intentional.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I may vastly prefer survival horror Resident Evil but RE4 will always be #1 because it's simply the perfect video game. Followed by REmake, then RE2make, then the original RE2 and RE7.

The TMO

Oct 18, 2018
Aside obvious RE4

Code veronica
REVELAITONS (on 3DS)
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 2 Remake

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
RE4 and REmake SSS tier, then RE2R and RE7 S. I enjoyed some of the spin-offs but they are not at the same level as mainline games.

Today gonna be gud day.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil 2 is the best game in the series.

My favorite game in the series is OG RE3. I've just recently gone through the RE4 HD remaster, and I'm not mad at that game as much as I was when it first came out.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Playing RE5 and RE6 with my girlfriend was a super special experience. The latter especially created in-jokes without end.
As a single player experience, I really enjoyed Revelations 2.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I've played 1(og), 2(remake), 3(remake) 4(og and PS4 remaster), Zero(PS4 remaster), bits here and there of others.

2 and 3 remakes are my fav. I consider them one game.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
RE2
RE2 Remake
REmake

Whilst I found Remake 2 the better game, the original just has so many treasured gaming memories for me, will forever hold a truly special place in my gaming heart!