• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Just imagine seeing the bugs and insects in HD graphics! The Switch has motion controls too, so they can still do the motion finishing moves. Maybe a bigger world with even more playable insects. The original game was an overlooked gem of sorts. It's not perfect, but it was a ton of fun and very good execution. There are quite a few of these games good but not great games that got overlooked on the Wii. An HD remaster would on the Switch might help bring it to a bigger audience. People are snapping up games on the Switch like crazy. The original game doesn't look too bad in HD on Dolphin.

A sequel would be just as good, maybe even better. All new graphics with modern game engines to make the bugs look more real. This is one of those games where good graphics really can enhance the experience. My only worry is that they'll make the game dark so you're starring at blackness in underground scenes. Maybe the sequel can take place in a more exotic locale. The original was in the desert, this one could be in Australia outback or a rain forest.

I would love to play as a Praying Mantis for a sequel. They aren't deadly to humans, but they are deadly to many insects, even small birds!

Dabh3e1.jpg

Look at all these beautiful spiders that could be candidates for the next game! Not all spiders spider webs too. There are so many unique abilities that they can have for the spiders.

YkPUh.jpg

bDDcIrM.jpg

X5nQX6H.jpg

CHNPBhz.jpg

yVMMvd0.jpg

5RKL9L1.png

Or if they want to move away from spider as well, there are some wicked centipedes out there. How many games let's you play as a centipede? This bad boy in one of Thailand's most poisonous centipede.

sue8Xph.jpg

Or Stag beetles or Rhinoceros beetles. These guy could be the brutal force of the game. These are huge beetles.

lqhixYR.jpg

7PGeYbc.jpg

Mole cricket baby! I don't know, they just look really fucking cool.

cbbeG5q.jpg

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, those are some cool looking bugs. Unfortunately I never got around to playing the original. But I heard it was pretty good.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a remaster seems pretty likely, I think

now how about they acquire this for rerelease

2219136-box_mmtsw.png

Jethrin

Oct 25, 2017
Man, DEEP cut. Haven't thought about this game in ages. Always looked cool but I never played it myself.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
oh you'll get a remaster

we got a Legend of Kay remaster and I'd never even heard of that game until the remaster.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Have they not been able to rerelease it yet?
THQ Nordic is pretty good about churning out the back catalog, so if they haven't that's rather surprising.
Seems like a perfect cheap thing to do for switch.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Have they not been able to rerelease it yet?
THQ Nordic is pretty good about churning out the back catalog, so if they haven't that's rather surprising.
Seems like a perfect cheap thing to do for switch.

I'd guess the source code was lost to time. Destroy All Humans and its sequel are in the same boat: they were released on the Xbox and PS2 back in the day, but they've been re-released only as PS2 Classics and Xbox BC titles.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
It's always baffling to me that they spent good money on paying Dennis Hopper and Billy Bob Thornton to voice act in this game.