• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To provide context as to why, Kaguya was literally chapter 650 something I think (don't remember exactly). Madara at the time was basically pulling bullshit out of his ass to the point where even Kishimoto didn't know how Madara could be defeated, so his solution... was to have him be stabbed in the back by Black Zetsu who was all of a sudden revealed to be "Kaguya's son" instead of an instrument of Madara's will like we all thought and then introduced Kaguya because Madara was too powerful. So introducing someone even more powerful would surely be the answer? Only Kishimoto would do that.

So how did he get around making Kaguya to be able to be beaten? Simple! He made her so stupid that she was beaten in 10 chapters. She supposedly knew every jutsu ever made. So what did she do? Not use them of course! All she ever did was teleport to different dimensions and shoot bones that could kill people instantly. She once gets the idea to send Naruto and Sasuke into different dimensions but when Sakura and Obito get Sasuke back, Kaguya... doesn't think to do it again. In fact, there's an acid dimension, why didn't she just dump them in the acid dimension? Or why she didn't just kill all of Team 7 instantly? Kaguya had the opposite problem of Madara in that she was so powerful but too stupid to do anything with it. But what about her character?

.....she has none. She doesn't speak at all, so basically the entire plot of Naruto that was already becoming convoluted can now be summed up like this: Pain was the leader who was being manipulated by Tobi who was really Madara except not really, he was really Obito who was actually being manipulated by the REAL Madara who was dead for 15 years but was actually being manipulated by Black Zetsu into reviving Kaguya who also was responsible for causing the Uchiha clan to become evil. ....yeah. How did a series about a boy trying to prove himself become such a convoluted mess? Somedays I don't know what's worse: Naruto or Kingdom Hearts' plot.

....fuck.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
That final fight gave us this moment:

naruto_shippuden__sexy_reverse_harem_no_jutsu__by_naruhina4ev-d7o9sh8.png

So I say it's golden.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Are you talking about Yhwach. I don't even think they showed how he lost since he was so OP
They did, Kubo pulled a magic silver arrow put of his ass that had the power to make a Quincy powerless. Then Ichigo cut him with his mysterious true bankai that apparently isn't any different from his old one cause Kubo didn't give a damn to show Ichigo doing anything new.

Remember how Ichigo's first fight after getting his new bankai was to get off screened by that one Quincy whose name I can't remember.

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Yhwach was better than Kaguya because his fights were interesting and he actually talked

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The last guy/chicken in Bleach was far worse.

Yhwach had an ass pull defeat, but at least the arc built him up well as an op villain. The stupidity of killing his own men is clearly more of kubo/jump pulling the plug same with the quick ass pull victory.

Yhwach's defeat was terrible, but so was Kaguya's, and Kaguya had nothing else going for her to make her interesting.

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto's plot is way worse than Kingdom Hearts'

KH is a much worse story because its storytelling and characters are super bad, but KH's plot is just very bad whereas Naruto's plot is this random thing called Black Zetsu manipulating all of ninja history.
Nah. Naruto's story is at least trackable even in it's worst bouts. With KH, I can't even begin to figure out which overgrown tumor of "story" has any relevance or not. The fact that you can grab even an element of Naruto's plot and summarize it so succinctly speaks volumes to the gulf in convolution between the two. Kingdom Hearts managed to take a basic Light vs. Dark story and sent it into the stratosphere on pure nonsense. It's not even close.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At the very least with Bleach, you got the villain you were promised. Kaguya had no basis in the series, and was a horrible rendition of the "super duper true final boss" cliche

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
They did, Kubo pulled a magic silver arrow put of his ass that had the power to make a Quincy powerless. Then Ichigo cut him with his mysterious true bankai that apparently isn't any different from his old one cause Kubo didn't give a damn to show Ichigo doing anything new.

Remember how Ichigo's first fight after getting his new bankai was to get off screened by that one Quincy whose name I can't remember.
I had to go back and re-read the plot to the final arc. Man that almighty power is some straight BS. Also I remembered how disappointed I was in the royal guards. They were hyped up so hard and all got destroyed.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
When I read Kaguya, I inmediately thought of the other Kaguya:

images

And I was a little confused at first. (Then I was disappointed)

Last edited:

Brickhunt

Feb 4, 2018
Brazil
The main bullshit thing about Yhwach was how the rushed the fight as result of Kubo shoulder injury. Otherwise, as OP as Yhwach was, there were enough elements to make his defeat believable: Aizen's illusions worked on him and Tsukishima past altering abilities made him a viable counter to his Future-changing power. Ichigo never stood a chance alone, but he had enough powerful allies to stand against Yhwach.

The problem was the final fight being clearly rushed. It was a not a case of bad writing, it was a case suddenly improvising an ending that came earlier than it should as result of Kubo's injury.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Morrison you owe me money!!!
4429368-untitled-1.jpg

Mandrakk is a story vampire, him feeding on the universe is the reason DC comics were bad for so long. I am not kidding

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure she was necessarily stupid, just very overconfident due to her believed superiority over humanity. I have a guilty pleasure for these "out of nowhere final bosses" though.

Madara is definitely the best villain in the series. His rivalry with Hashirama and scenes where he just completely dominates the good guys are great.

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Morrison you owe me money!!!
4429368-untitled-1.jpg

Mandrakk is a story vampire, him feeding on the universe is the reason DC comics were bad for so long. I am not kidding

So was that the story where Darkseid regained his badass creed but then Morrison undermined him by having that thing manipulate him?

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
No it's Yomi from Yu Yu Hakusho. Though really the entire final saga was horrible.

Spoilers Below:

latest

Introduced in chapter 156 with a video message to Kurama, they have history as past comrades before Kurama blinded him and left him for dead. He also has a plan with his cloned son.

He is Yusuke's final fight in the series. It takes place during the third-round (round of 32) of a tournament who's premilinaries began in Chapter 167, it's a weekly manga. The fight takes all of chapter 169 (not over 20 pages) and there is no final clash at the end they're just smiling and fighting. Instead the very next chapter skips 18 months to Kurama and Kuwabara talking at a restaurant. Yusuke shows up and then just talks about the fight in 2 panels and how they fought for 60 hours but he feel down and Yomi was able to stay up but he then lost in the next round.

Right after they say that Koenma's father was actually responsible for falsifying demon attacks and the barrier's now down and everything's fine. Again all said in a few panels.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Sasuke was the final boss.

But shit that dude in Bleach was WAY worse. His death made no fucking sense. Kaguya got rocked but that dude, fuck. We talk a lot about how Madara was OP but Bleach's final boss was stupid. Kubo tried so hard to outdo that Aizen shit that he came with something that didn't even make any sense.

Oct 27, 2017
The main bullshit thing about Yhwach was how the rushed the fight as result of Kubo shoulder injury. Otherwise, as OP as Yhwach was, there were enough elements to make his defeat believable: Aizen's illusions worked on him and Tsukishima past altering abilities made him a viable counter to his Future-changing power. Ichigo never stood a chance alone, but he had enough powerful allies to stand against Yhwach.

The problem was the final fight being clearly rushed. It was a not a case of bad writing, it was a case suddenly improvising an ending that came earlier than it should as result of Kubo's injury.
No, Kubo was a bad writer and the only reason he had to rush his ending is because he was a shit writer. He had 2 years to get somewhere in the final Arc and wasted on "here's a new bad guy you've never met but he's so badass I swear" until he finally had to end his shit story for real.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have as much of an issue with Kaguya alone. The fight did provide some memorable moments, such as the above Reverse Sexy Harem Jutsu and the final attack.

Rather, I feel like Kaguya herself is a symptom of Kishimoto writing himself into a corner with Madara. Kishi's pretty good at building on what he wrote previously, but in this case it ended up being his own downfall.

The Fourth Shinobi World War arcs are pretty much the same deal as a whole: Brilliant concepts, but the dude needed to take some time out to let plot points breath and properly plan what would come next.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
All of the final Sternritter's in Bleach were overpowered nonsense.

Lille Barro was so overpowered that a god killing weapon that was the only thing that could actually hurt him still couldn't kill him. He didn't even technically lose in the manga.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Naruto is an interesting series because it starts off as a normal fantasy Ninja thing but then devolves into just super powers which is really dumb. Should have kept it more Ninja and less magic.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that reading about how Naruto went off the rails is the only thing that makes me want to read Naruto?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto is an interesting series because it starts off as a normal fantasy Ninja thing but then devolves into just super powers which is really dumb. Should have kept it more Ninja and less magic.

The problem with Naruto has always been that Kishimoto established guys like the Third and Fourth as the top of the good chain in the first part and then completely shits all over that in Part II. He really screwed everything up by having a "top tier" fight between the Third and Orochimaru so early on because it then screwed up the entire power structure he tried to establish later on.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
she is very empty and bland

at least the one that Naruto and Sasuke fought

now compare here to her superior senpai
tumblr_pc45bkwdTQ1qh3tbyo1_500.gif
tumblr_pc4zf0I9bE1vtm42eo3_500.gif

jk I meant this dude
lanqx001-720.jpg

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
The final Bleach battles were really something else.

- Mayuri vs. Giant Talking Hand of God
- Black pirate guy that turns into an owl centaur thing and keeps rambling about sinners. Then gets offscreened by zombie Kira after turning into alien flamingos.
- Giant Viking Man that's actually God's Heart. Gets defeated by the villain despite being virtually invincible due to his ability to create asspulls miracles out of thin air.

Last edited: