• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I was planning on doing that, but I'm not sure which mods to suggest outside of MCCC.
I would only mention mods that are universally useful in the OP. weerbesu's More Columns in CAS for example.
MCCC should also come with a big warning so people know what is expected of them when they get that one. That's not a mod you just plop in and think it will handle itself. Extensive tinkering is usually needed to make it do what you want it to do in your game specifically, which is why it is so amazing.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Spent some time tonight building a new house.

lpbet8e.png

JolbL0n.png

(I need to fix that column. Should go up to the roof, not just to the half-wall.)

XB6igOq.png

1cTiQ7u.png

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back in to Sims 4 after Tiny Living and decided to start a new save after a few months of not playing as my original saved world was getting a little cramped. Anyone got any tips on how to do better at University?

In the first term in dorms my sim did fairly middling in some courses (C/Ds) and got and F in one and was placed on probation. In my second term I moved my sim out to his own place, made sure to do all the homework, study before the finals and take notes/actively listen in classes. The indications were that out of three courses my sim was doing really well in one and seemed to be middling again in the other two. Once the grades came out he got an A (or A+) in one course but an F in the other two and got dismissed. Not really sure what went wrong there.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back in to Sims 4 after Tiny Living and decided to start a new save after a few months of not playing as my original saved world was getting a little cramped. Anyone got any tips on how to do better at University?

In the first term in dorms my sim did fairly middling in some courses (C/Ds) and got and F in one and was placed on probation. In my second term I moved my sim out to his own place, made sure to do all the homework, study before the finals and take notes/actively listen in classes. The indications were that out of three courses my sim was doing really well in one and seemed to be middling again in the other two. Once the grades came out he got an A (or A+) in one course but an F in the other two and got dismissed. Not really sure what went wrong there.
Some classes require you to do a term paper or presentation before the final. You can also visit your professor as well as study for the class outside of doing the homework

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Some classes require you to do a term paper or presentation before the final. You can also visit your professor as well as study for the class outside of doing the homework
Are the presentations the ones on the chart boards that appear in your inventory? Never got one of those or a term paper in my second term courses (not sure whether I was not meant to or if the game bugged out).

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Are the presentations the ones on the chart boards that appear in your inventory? Never got one of those or a term paper in my second term courses (not sure whether I was not meant to or if the game bugged out).
Yes. Whether or not you have to do them depends on the class and for term papers you do them on the computer.

You can also change how your sim approaches class by clicking on the icon that appears when you are in class.

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Whether or not you have to do them depends on the class and for term papers you do them on the computer.

You can also change how your sim approaches class by clicking on the icon that appears when you are in class.

Cheers, will double check next time just to be sure. Will re-enroll again when my sim can and see if I can improve my progress.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Started playing this last night thanks to it being on PlayStation+, lost track of time and ended up going to bed way later than usual. Inevitably woke up late and was late for work this morning, thanks Sims 4.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
How does the University expansion work?

Do you take one Sim from your household and play him through the University expansion while the rest of the household is on pause?

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Will they actually do laundry or are the washer/dryer just decoration?
The Laundry Day stuff pack adds the washer, dryer, hampers, etc.

I think how it works is if you place at least one of those items, dirty clothes will accumulate. Sims can collect and wash/dry them. (Make sure you clean the lint trap - that dryer will start fires.) There's also a wash tub and clothesline that can be used instead of washer and dryer.

If you don't place any of those items, there are just no dirty clothes at all (like the game without that pack).

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I made a mistake of telling my wife this was on PS Plus this month, plus made a further mistake by confirming the PS4 version has KB&M support.

I'm not going to be playing on the PS4 for a while........if ever again 😢

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The Laundry Day stuff pack adds the washer, dryer, hampers, etc.

I think how it works is if you place at least one of those items, dirty clothes will accumulate. Sims can collect and wash/dry them. (Make sure you clean the lint trap - that dryer will start fires.) There's also a wash tub and clothesline that can be used instead of washer and dryer.

If you don't place any of those items, there are just no dirty clothes at all (like the game without that pack).

Oh, so that's how you can get piles of dirty clothes. I've seen it happen in videos, but I thought it was a mod. Some of my Sims are disgusting animals so that pack would make their houses absolute pigstys.

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriends second favorite game after Minecraft. We have all the dlc for it. For me though it's a weak game. If you get your jollies from just creating homes and playing god then I can see the appeal. I just feel like Sims 4 lacks any structure or challenge to actually make it feel like a game rather than just playing with digital dollhouse. I think it was the Sims bustin out that I used to play back in the day. There was a lot of satisfaction in moving into a crappy little trailer with a slob and cleaning up/fixing stuff/ working on your skills while managing daily life so you could move out. Need stuff like that. I was excited for strangerville but everything feels so damn shallow in the sims 4. I hope they improve it in 5 because this used to be one of my favorite series.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
i still remember trying out The Sims 3 on PC back then, i never had interest in the series. i´ve started in the evening and suddenly i saw the sun rising.

i will definitely stay away from The Sims 4, these games are really engrossing and a total timesink when someone gets into it.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I had a slump in creativity with creating one piece of digital art a day now I'm on my second week of a "rags to riches" challenge. I must admit doing a challenge has breathed new life into the interest of this game.

Plus being unemployed gives me time to play on my PC again!

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I needed to bump this thread because I'm in a dark spot right now. I've watched my beloved mom deteriorate over the past 6 months. Cancer. Generalized. Kidneys, lung, bones, bowels. The local hospital lend us a bed so she could live/sleep in the living room. I watched her lose all autonomy, bit by bit. I felt like the cancer was eating away at me on the inside. Soon she was down to not being able to get up, and she was on diapers. If you've ever changed your mom's diapers, you'll get it. I lost my love for gaming pretty quickly. Let my PS Plus sub run out. Haven't turned it on in months, plus my only local game store closed so no PS5 for me. PS4 is collecting dust. Soon, it became clear that I couldn't take care of her anymore. So we moved her into a end of life palliative care home. She probably won't make it to the end of this month. All is dark in my head.

But there is one game that I can still play. To forget, to enjoy,to live vicariously through. The Sims 4. Got myself the Snowy Escape expansion, made 4 girl sims, downloaded the realistic K-Pop career mod and off I went to help my girls become stars. The mod is so in depth, it could be a Game Pack. First you must audition for a company after raising your Singing and Dancing skills. Then if you eventually make it, you can busk in the streets, get sponsors and take selfies with their products. You can audition for commercials, dramas, movies, etc. Of course you can perform at concerts. All good stuff. There's even a new aspiration just for K-pop.

It really brought me some relief from the craziness that my life has been in the last few months. The Sims 4 just soothes me. With mods it has infinite potential. I decked out my girls in all custom designer clothes and they look badass. Even had to finally get into building to make them a studio to practice their skills. Everytime I turn the game on, I just tune out. There is no more dying mom. There's only Sims, K-pop, and snowboarding. Need to keep them in shape you know?! All in all, I will say it again...Sims 4 IS my favorite game of all time. There is nothing like having dominion over these tiny digital lives, or just watching them get into trouble by themselves. With my current state of mind, I'm certain I wouldn't be able to handle Boletaria. But managing 4 starlets? This I can. I very much can.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I needed to bump this thread because I'm in a dark spot right now. I've watched my beloved mom deteriorate over the past 6 months. Cancer. Generalized. Kidneys, lung, bones, bowels. The local hospital lend us a bed so she could live/sleep in the living room. I watched her lose all autonomy, bit by bit. I felt like the cancer was eating away at me on the inside. Soon she was down to not being able to get up, and she was on diapers. If you've ever changed your mom's diapers, you'll get it. I lost my love for gaming pretty quickly. Let my PS Plus sub run out. Haven't turned it on in months, plus my only local game store closed so no PS5 for me. PS4 is collecting dust. Soon, it became clear that I couldn't take care of her anymore. So we moved her into a end of life palliative care home. She probably won't make it to the end of this month. All is dark in my head.

But there is one game that I can still play. To forget, to enjoy,to live vicariously through. The Sims 4. Got myself the Snowy Escape expansion, made 4 girl sims, downloaded the realistic K-Pop career mod and off I went to help my girls become stars. The mod is so in depth, it could be a Game Pack. First you must audition for a company after raising your Singing and Dancing skills. Then if you eventually make it, you can busk in the streets, get sponsors and take selfies with their products. You can audition for commercials, dramas, movies, etc. Of course you can perform at concerts. All good stuff. There's even a new aspiration just for K-pop.

It really brought me some relief from the craziness that my life has been in the last few months. The Sims 4 just soothes me. With mods it has infinite potential. I decked out my girls in all custom designer clothes and they look badass. Even had to finally get into building to make them a studio to practice their skills. Everytime I turn the game on, I just tune out. There is no more dying mom. There's only Sims, K-pop, and snowboarding. Need to keep them in shape you know?! All in all, I will say it again...Sims 4 IS my favorite game of all time. There is nothing like having dominion over these tiny digital lives, or just watching them get into trouble by themselves. With my current state of mind, I'm certain I wouldn't be able to handle Boletaria. But managing 4 starlets? This I can. I very much can.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I never knew about that mod and may need to check it out. I'm glad it's bringing you relief.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

I'm so sorry this has happened to your mother.

I'm glad the game still grabs you and allows to enjoy yourself like that. Things like that can be such a useful escape.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017

I've been where you are when I was a full-time carer for a relative with dementia and understand how you feel. Hugs.

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017

I'm sorry to read that. My dad has lost his autonomy but we were lucky to be able to afford a care home from the moment it was clear he wasn't able to live alone anymore. Taking care of someone is a very draining situation.

I'm glad you found an escape in this game, the original Sims is one of my favorite GOAT, I played it so much when I was a kid. I have always loved the concept since then but haven't been able to get into the later games.

Mods sound very interesting, but I prefer to game on my PS5, I see that The Sims 4 is included in EA Play and the expansions are 50% on PSN, which are your top 3 expansions? I think I would like to buy Seasons, Pets, and one more.

OP
OP
Dullahan

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry to read that. My dad has lost his autonomy but we were lucky to be able to afford a care home from the moment it was clear he wasn't able to live alone anymore. Taking care of someone is a very draining situation.

I'm glad you found an escape in this game, the original Sims is one of my favorite GOAT, I played it so much when I was a kid. I have always loved the concept since then but haven't been able to get into the later games.

Mods sound very interesting, but I prefer to game on my PS5, I see that The Sims 4 is included in EA Play and the expansions are 50% on PSN, which are your top 3 expansions? I think I would like to buy Seasons, Pets, and one more.
I think I'd get City Living. Apartments and festivals are great.

I've been where you are when I was a full-time carer for a relative with dementia and understand how you feel. Hugs.

Sorry to hear that guys.