• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Silk Live-Action Marvel Series in the Works at Sony Pictures Television

Variety has learned that Sony, which controls the rights to the Spider-Man universe, is developing a live-action series centered on Silk. Lauren Moon is in talks to write. Like Silk, Moon is Korean-American. Her past credits include the Freeform series "Good Trouble" and the Netflix series "Atypical."

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are executive producing under their Lord Miller production banner along with former Sony Pictures Entertainment head Amy Pascal. Sony Pictures Television, where Lord Miller is under a rich overall deal, will produce. No network or streaming service is currently attached, but sources say Amazon is in talks to acquire the project, along with other potential Marvel series based on characters Sony controls.

variety.com

Silk Live-Action Marvel Series in the Works at Sony Pictures Television

Variety has learned that Sony, which controls the rights to the Spider-Man universe, is developing a show centered on Marvel character Silk.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ugh stupid paste trying to make a thread on mobile title should be Silk Live-Action Marvel Series in the Works at Sony Pictures Television

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I liked the character, but what's see up to know in the comics? Anything interesting?

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I do wonder what's their plan since Silk relies on Spider-Man mythos very VERY heavily.
Without Spidey around, she's nothing.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Posting from the other thread:
I love Cindy Moon. Sure, she isn't as popular as Spider-Gwen, but her first solo run was a great read and it was easy to invest in her character. I'll definitely check this out. Hopefully it has a solid budget behind it.
Like others, I also expected and would prefer an animated series.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Gwen is Miles boring. SIlk is the truth

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Silk huh. She's a curious character, I mostly remember that her introduction was that she couldn't stop having sex with Spider-Man whenever they were near each other. Always seemed like an odd choice for a first impression.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So is the movie canned?

Also, if Lord and Miller are on it, that means Avi Arad isn't actively involved. This thing has a chance since this is the only other Marvel team besides Marvel Studios that knows how to handle Marvel characters

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Sony Pictures Television rocks, I can't wait to see how their Wheel of Time and Boys S2 [for Amazon] and For All Mankind S2 [for Apple] will look like.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Silk is alright but definitely feels like Sony are just trying to take whatever character they can and make something out of that Spider-Man license.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the summary of her origin not including her and Peter's irresistible desire to fuck because pheromones

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Know who would make a great supporting character?

Anna Marie Marconi

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Marvel owns television rights for Spider-Man so Marvel must be fully signing off on this.

Variety's reporting on this is not great.
Not really.

"[Sony] has the exclusive rights to utilize the "Spider-Man" character... to (a) develop and produce live action or animated theatrical motion pictures (each, a "Picture") and live-action television series (and also animated television series with episodes longer than 44 minutes)."

These not going to Disney+ is the most Sony thing ever. Amazon is probably dropping serious cash (and the former head of Sony Pictures TV, Mike Hopkins, who was planning Lord and Miller's SUMC TV universe, is now leading Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Studios)

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
Like I said in the other thread Disney should make a deal with Sony cause they need more content for Disney plus.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Not really.

"[Sony] has the exclusive rights to utilize the "Spider-Man" character... to (a) develop and produce live action or animated theatrical motion pictures (each, a "Picture") and live-action television series (and also animated television series with episodes longer than 44 minutes)."

That wording is hilariously specific but would make sense given that Spectacular Spider-Man's cancellation was due to rights issues because of the Disney purchase of Marvel. And that would fit into that description.

And no one is doing an hour-long animated series so...

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
They announced a number of these projects before. Silk would be interesting but they are planning like 5 TV shows and who knows bow many movies despite their previous failed attempt at a connected universe. It's just a matter of time before Sony Sony's up the situation.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Not interested if it's not in the MCU.
And they probably need a reasonably large budget like the D+ series to make this reasonably good.

Last edited:

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Not an announcement but a reconfirmation. The film was announced 26 months ago.
sonysuniverseofmarvelcharacters.fandom.com

Silk

Silk is an upcoming TV Series based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It will be in Sony's Spider-Man Universe. TBA as Cindy Moon/Silk On June 22, 2018, it was reported that Sony Pictures is developing a TV Series based on Silk. It was later confirmed to be part of Sony's...

Put this ALL this SPUMC right into my veins Sony. 16 films without even counting a Holland film. 16!
tenor.gif

sonysuniverseofmarvelcharacters.fandom.com

Sony's Spider-Man Universe

Sony's Spider-Man Universe (SSU), formerly known as the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters (SPUMC), is a shared universe and media franchise created by Sony Pictures. The universe focuses on Anti-heroes and villains of the superhero from the Marvel comics Spider-Man.

A real Sony product you all. 10 hours baby. They know what a meme they are. Oh they know.
www.youtube.com

VENOM: OFFICIAL YULE LOG - Now on Blu-ray and Digital!

Enjoy the official Venom Yule Log to play for your holiday party…and then watch VENOM on Blu-ray and Digital!Subscribe to Sony Pictures for exclusive content...

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't particularly like Venom and I liken it to a Transformers movie and not even Bumblebee. Not to mention they absolutely waste Michelle Williams.
That's cool. But the point is it worked super good for a bunch of people and made a bunch of money. I dunno if this gon work for silk. All i'm saying is, if people like the character enough people will go so it

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
That's cool. But the point is it worked super good for a bunch of people and made a bunch of money. I dunno if this gon work for silk. All i'm saying is, if people like the character enough people will go so it

Yeah I compared it to Transformers because it's something I loved as a kid that has had movies that haven't reviewed well but did gangbusters at the box office. I'm not criticizing anyone's taste. God knows I have no room to talk with how much I love stuff like Tron Legacy.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
That wording is hilariously specific but would make sense given that Spectacular Spider-Man's cancellation was due to rights issues because of the Disney purchase of Marvel. And that would fit into that description.

And no one is doing an hour-long animated series so...
It makes sense because if not disney could just just make live action Spider-Man on tv connected to mcu and not deal with Sony at all.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018

You can't really compare Venom to Silk tho.
Venom is a beloved character with an even more beloved design. No matter how bad the movie could be, it was always going to be successful.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Sony has a Man-Wolf film in some form of pre-production Village. They don´t need a brand if they can put a Marvel logo on it. Solo tops them all though. It´s technically a rumor but come on. Its Sony so it´s true. It just is. And think of what marketing can do with his name.
marvel.fandom.com

James Bourne (Earth-616)

68 appearance(s) of James Bourne (Earth-616) 8 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of James Bourne (Earth-616) 5 minor appearance(s) of James Bourne (Earth-616) 1 mention(s) of James Bourne (Earth-616) 5 mention(s) in handbook(s) of James Bourne (Earth-616) 96 image(s) of James Bourne (Earth-616) 3...
Spiderverse-Spider-man-spin-offs-man-wolf-solo-the-illuminerdi-1.jpg

I see the Solo movie a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today

Silk is close to being a non-character in the comics. She can´t hold a title for example and stopped to matter after one year. She is neither good nor bad, she just exists. I like her more than Peter´s new sister, I guess? Oh god, did I just conjure a new Sony movie? SPUMC me and SPUMC you Sony.
marvel.fandom.com

Teresa Parker (Earth-616)

28 appearance(s) of Teresa Parker (Earth-616) 1 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Teresa Parker (Earth-616) 2 minor appearance(s) of Teresa Parker (Earth-616) 3 mention(s) of Teresa Parker (Earth-616) 1 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Teresa Parker (Earth-616) 17 image(s) of Teresa Parker (Earth-616)...

Patrick Klepek

Editor at Remap, Crossplay
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Near Chicago
Sony announcing a new Spider-Man property it's interested in making is the equivalent of a video game company announcing someone is going to adapt their game into a movie. Talk to me when it actually happens.

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked Stacey Lee's work on Silk and was pretty disappointed to find out she hasn't done comics recently.

Silk002-1b.png

Last edited: