• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Dang it mods, you're asleep at the wheel! This headline writes itself!

'Silicon Valley' star Thomas Middleditch says swinging 'saved' his marriage (Update: Marriage Destroyed)

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Not a surprise. If regular marriage divorce rate is 50% then open marriage is probably 85%. Odds were against them especially since it sounded like he kind of blind sided her with the idea.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn if Thomas Middledistance can't do everyone than what chance do the rest of us got.

Last edited:

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Objectifying commentary
His wife is a dime, too. I would never share her. What a buffoon.

dyne

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The most amazing thread update. I can even imagine his character doing this on the show. Sometimes good comedy writes itself

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

denseWorm

Banned
May 15, 2020
I don't think anyone could possibly scratch together the trillions of dollars i think a peak at my wife's ass would be worth.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I watched Ben Schwartz and Middleditch on Game Grumps and the dude already looked like he was living like a bachelor even with his wedding ring on so I'm not surprised reading this update.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
He came up with the idea himself and sprung it on her after marriage? Heh...

*looks up ex-wife*

Middleditch, you played yourself.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'm just sad that this is going to be used by the usual people who like to shit on open/polyamorous relationships.

EDIT: yup, already happening in this thread

EpicDrop

Oct 28, 2017
Dude is a moron. His wife seems like a lovely person, and he fucked it up because he had a dick that could never be satisfied. Congrats I guess to the people who can figure out an open marriage, but just about every data point I've seen shows it ends up leading to something like this before too long.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Title got me rolling.

I'm not surprised because it sounded less like an open marriage and more like a wife who wanted to make the marriage work probably because she really was in love but unfortunately with someone toxic.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Eh, I'm just sad that this is going to be used by the usual people who like to shit on open/polyamorous relationships.

EDIT: yup, already happening in this thread
Don't act like they are abusing a lifestyle.

He sprung this on her because he wanted to fuck other women, they didn't start their relationship with the idea of having an open marriage.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
This was predictable from the initial interview. People with his attitudes are everything wrong with swing culture.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I had to revisit the original post to get a good exact quote

"I don't know how much I can say, because I don't want my wife to be mad at me," Middleditch said. "Only after I got married was I like, 'Mollie, I'm sorry, but we have to get nontraditional here.' To her credit, instead of saying ... 'I'm out,' she was like, 'Let's figure this out.' "

"I'm sorry, but we have to get nontraditional here" lol

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
Don't act like they are abusing a lifestyle.

He sprung this on her because he wanted to fuck other women, they didn't start their relationship with the idea of having an open marriage.
Of course, I totally agree, the interview shows that it's highly likely that he wasn't honest with his wife about this. It doesn't look like both of them wanted to be swinging. I'm complaining that some people will use this against open marriages/relationships, as many people have done in this thread. You just have to read the replies to see many people mocking the fact that they were open, claiming that all open relationship are doomed or linking that embarrasing stupid video from arrested development, which is widespreadly used by people to make fun of open couples and to imply that their relationship is doomed.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Of course, I totally agree, the interview shows that it's highly likely that he wasn't honest with his wife about this. It doesn't look like both of them wanted to be swinging. I'm complaining that some people will use this against open marriages/relationships, as many people have done in this thread. You just have to read the replies to see many people mocking the fact that they were open, claiming that all open relationship are doomed or linking that embarrasing stupid video from arrested development, which is widespreadly used by people to make fun of open couples and to imply that their relationship is doomed.
This isn't the hill to die on for arguing the validity of the lifestyle.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Love how proud people are of divorce like this shit doesn't happen for a multitude of reasons for many. But ha-ha the celebrity (I'm sure he's able recover ...in someone else's arms soon ....if he hasn't already :P ).

Oct 25, 2017
What? You literally came to me arguing that nobody was abusing a lifestyle, I've shown you that some are, don't change the topic now.

I mean, why are you defending it so hard? Lmao and why does it matter to you?

I think the people mocking it have so far seen multiple times that it truly never really works out. The mass minority who it does work for, just isn't enough to pretend that this is healthy for the majority of the world. At some point, it does become a problem which means....it still doesn't work..someone ALWAYS gets hurt or takes it wayyy to far. So maybe if you want to have a free and open relationship, I think the point is to NOT be in a relationship.