• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
It looks like Konami is officially abanding the title for good. Which this time the domain is for sale for $9835 USD.

No hope or a future...
Thanks for having the last chance to create a new game for the series BUT NOOO YOU HAD TO HAVE THE BIG BUDGET ((you know exactly who I am refering too))

picgifs-silent-hill-2-4632885.gif

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Don't know myself but it could be a dumb question lol
Is selling the domain the same as to sell the rights for the IP?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Who the hell would buy this?
Its not like you can use the Silent Hill name to make a game.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even Konami who own the domain. What's likely happened here is the domain ownership lapsed long enough for some squatter scumbag to buy up the domain. It has nothing to do with the future of the IP.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
It's not even Konami who own the domain. What's likely happened here is the domain ownership lapsed long enough for some squatter scumbag to buy up the domain. It has nothing to do with the future of the IP.

came to post this... it's a bunch of nothing essentially

not that anybody should be hopeful for [insert konami IP here] either, though

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It lapsed a long time ago. Just look at wayback machine where it's in constant sale.
Complete nothing burger

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We should all pitch in to buy it then just make it a site that calls out Konami for being crap.

BhetjaXIV

Sep 8, 2018
Belgium
Well, the dude who leaked the Switch Lite says Kojima and Konami are in talks for a new Silent Hill

A lot of his claims sounds like terrible fanfiction.

How could Kojima be "redeeemed in Konami's eyes for pulling death stranding off" when the "leaker" says he's known about this since DS went gold. Thus, before the game came out and before the critics and sales?

Also this whole point is treating Konami as a person when it's just a corporate who does not give a shit about the success of one of their former employees.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know myself but it could be a dumb question lol
Is selling the domain the same as to sell the rights for the IP?

Just so you actually do know, a domain is simply a web address, in this case "www.silenthill.com"

Think of this analogy: if the internet were land, a domain would be an empty lot you could purchase to build upon; whatever you build there would then be a website.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It looks like Konami is officially abanding the title for good. Which this time the domain is for sale for $9835 USD.

No hope or a future...
Thanks for having the last chance to create a new game for the series BUT NOOO YOU HAD TO HAVE THE BIG BUDGET ((you know exactly who I am refering too))

picgifs-silent-hill-2-4632885.gif
Are people really victim blaming Kojima despite the fact Konami treated him absolutely horribly?

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
Just so you actually do know, a domain is simply a web address, in this case "www.silenthill.com"

Think of this analogy: if the internet were land, a domain would be an empty lot you could purchase to build upon; whatever you build there would then be a website.
Yeah I assumed so but wanted to be sure.
It doesn't seem like this would entirely mean that Konami has given up on the franchise (though it's the most likely scenario)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
You guys know this is just the website right? It's not the IP? Because between this and the last thread I get the feeling there's a number of people who thinks this is the rights to the IP

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
You guys know this is just the website right? It's not the IP? Because between this and the last thread I get the feeling there's a number of people who thinks this is the rights to the IP
They are not related. But think of it this way ResetEra.com is for sale. What is the impact? Yes, they can create SilentHillTheGame.com Or any other name.

OP
OP
ThingsRscary

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
That post reads like a total joke.

Kojima doesn't give a shit about Konami and they about him. Reviving SH for them would be stupid.

If his next game is horror then it will most likely be a new IP.
Yeah right, Like I am going to be excited about it. I had enough of this crap for the last five years.

Oct 27, 2017
No hope or a future...

What

They are not related. But think of it this way ResetEra.com is for sale. What is the impact? Yes, they can create SilentHillTheGame.com Or any other name.

Yeah, they can create the website name I guess, but why would it really matter? That will have absolutely nothing to do with the intellectual property.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If I buy it and the series makes a resurgence will they buy me out for a million dollars like in the movies

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
What on earth is everyone doing in the Konami offices nowadays?
Seriously.... what are they doing? Not listening to what their consumer base wants it seems.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why is this a topic for a 2nd time today? According to the wayback machine this site died and went for sale between 2001 and 2003. It was not a website for the series it was only for the first game and has been dead even when silent hill games were actively coming out. Can we stop this pointless topic or will a third version get made again?

Status
Not open for further replies.