• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
That's one hell of a get for an indie game, holy shit.

Dead by Daylight was also an indie game technically, they broke away from 505 I think. It is cool that Konami is licensing out to these smaller titles like this.

Remember when before DMC5 was announced they had everything but a new entry ?

Hahah

Honestly...no? I don't really remember a lot of media featuring DMC before DMC5 got announced. I know there had been rumors from like insiders that a new DMC was in development, but I really don't recall the franchise like popping up in various places outside like Dante in MvC maybe? What are you referring to?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
but I really don't recall the franchise like popping up in various places outside like MvC? What are you referring to?

It was more so of a

DMC PACHINKO

DMC MOBILE GAME

during the dreaded years of "this is the year"

not so much outside of DMC but just like...not an announcement of the next entry. Dark days.

Anyways I'm going OT with this my bad

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Got excited and was ready to buy the game, but Steamcharts show only 35 players online :|

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Dead by Daylight was also an indie game technically, they broke away from 505 I think. It is cool that Konami is licensing out to these smaller titles like this.

Honestly...no? I don't really remember a lot of media featuring DMC before DMC5 got announced. I know there had been rumors from like insiders that a new DMC was in development, but I really don't recall the franchise like popping up in various places outside like Dante in MvC maybe? What are you referring to?
Dead by Daylight is super popular and known within the gaming community at least. This isn't.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The people who have been down on these collabs with games; you realize this is good news, right? Just because you don't like/know these games doesn't mean they're not popular and Silent Hill being featured in them leads to more exposure of the series to a new generation.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I have never heard of Dark Deception nor Monsters & Mortals. Anyway, I try not to read anything about Silent Hill as to not get my hopes up again after the numerous fiascos of the last few months.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
tenor.gif

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Got excited and was ready to buy the game, but Steamcharts show only 35 players online :|
Dark Deception (the pac-man one) is by far and away VASTLY more popular than it's multiplayer spinoff, which is monsters and mortals. Hell, I'd bet most of the youtubers and viewers who enjoyed DD don't even know about the existence of monsters and mortals.

Honestly it's kinda sad to see so much effort put into the spinoff when the main game hasn't had an update since June of friggin 2019.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Dark Deception (the pac-man one) is by far and away VASTLY more popular than it's multiplayer spinoff, which is monsters and mortals. Hell, I'd bet most of the youtubers and viewers who enjoyed DD don't even know about the existence of monsters and mortals.

Honestly it's kinda sad to see so much effort put into the spinoff when the main game hasn't had an update since June of friggin 2019.

Such a shame. It sounds interesting at least.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Gamers: We want Silent Hill!
Konami: We have Silent Hill at home
Silent Hill at home:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Gods & Monsters

Immortals: Fenyx Rising

I can't be the only one to be thrown of by that, right?

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Yeah... Konami has some high expectations for this franchise's future lol

Edit: I love how no major news outlets are even reporting on this. Masahiro Ito's Otherworld tank in World of Tanks got more fanfare and it wasn't even officially Silent Hill related.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
They don't even have decent ports that can be played today but let's slap the Silent Hill name into some random multiplayer games.

These are the clowns that own one of the most celebrated horror games... ever.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
HYYYYYPEEEEEEE.

Random SH DLC for other horror games and a SH4 GOG re-release. Up next: Book of Memories Switch port and a remake of Homecoming exclusive to EGS. Also a Silent Hill Warriors Switch exclusive with Zelda costumes and skins.

Hell motherfucking yes.

My dms are open Konami, I can and will manage your brand.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I've watched a playthough of that game since I never heard of it, and it does look kinda boring so no wonder this forum didn't know about it.
Ah, maybe the multiplayer is more interesting.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
HYYYYYPEEEEEEE.

Random SH DLC for other horror games and a SH4 GOG re-release. Up next: Book of Memories Switch port and a remake of Homecoming exclusive to EGS. Also a Silent Hill Warriors Switch exclusive with Zelda costumes and skins.

Hell motherfucking yes.

My dms are open Konami, I can and will manage your brand.

Reported to the authorities.

😓

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Just goes to show how much of a bubble era is in.
Maybe front page era. I'm sure plenty here played it, I did myself because it had a free demo on steam years ago. It just was so unremarkable it wasn't worth talking about ever. It's not a bad game, it's just not scary or really interesting.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
The people who have been down on these collabs with games; you realize this is good news, right? Just because you don't like/know these games doesn't mean they're not popular and Silent Hill being featured in them leads to more exposure of the series to a new generation.

This is actually so true, there's a lot of younger gamers out there who just would not be aware at all of Silent Hill... And why would they be? The last mainline Silent Hill game was Downpour, back in 2012. That's almost a decade ago! As sad as I am to say this, these games are just not in the limelight of pop culture anymore, and unless they are actively seeking out classic horror games there is very little chance that a younger teenager is just going to stumble across Silent Hill as opposed to, say, The Evil Within, or Until Dawn, or any number of horror games being popularised by Let's Plays.