• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

would you believe those rumors again?

• No

Votes: 85 40.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 57 27.1%
  • Hell I care again

Votes: 11 5.2%
  • I would block those "insiders"

Votes: 57 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
Every event close there are those few people who call themselves "insiders" start to tweet about this title.

unfortunately, it became a trend lately, and every now and then we hear ((it's in the development they want to show a full demo for it))
((They haven't shown it yet because they have RE8 and they don't want it to take the spotlight out silent hill))
((Next event )) and then (('Next event)) nothing.

I am trying not to give a shit but everyone is just talking about that rumor from those "insiders" and it is not easy to avoid it.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say the same thing I said in another topic:

The very reliable insiders who've had multiple recent correct pieces of information very specifically said they couldn't confirm it would be at the Playstation showcase and that doesn't mean anything in terms of it not existing. Just because it wasn't announced yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
baDvhxD.png

"...it is not easy to avoid it."

zSGlNRK.png

If only there was an ignore thread option that's easily available for any and all content on Era you personally don't like!

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I don't understand why you're referring to them as "insiders" with quotation marks- it's undeniable that they do have inside knowledge even if it's not always on the money. Sort of reads like you're upset at them more than anything. :/

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Don't really have any interest in it, but it not being announced doesn't mean it doesn't exist, does it?

Oct 28, 2017
"Poll will close December 16th 2020"??

Sounds like someone knows something! The countdown begins again!!

(But seriously, it's clear to me you got a lot of insiders being fed questionable info, and then because being 'the guy' is addictive, they take to Twitter and Era and spread info that might not be as concrete as it could be, because it's a rush.)

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
There are things that are plain wrong or missunderstood (Star Fox racing game), things that are speculation based only on common sense and nothing else (N64 mini). The Silent Hill stuff strikes me as something that at least has something behind it- on a common sense level it makes zero sense, but it could be a case where someone saw the Playstation equivelent of The Medium and thought "Oh, thats Silent Hill!" and thats where it got started.

I'm in the camp that it doesn't exist, but I don't think people made it up just for the sake of making something up

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
I thought I heard the Silent Hill siren during the stream - maybe before the Fortnite showing? I almost jumped off my sofa.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this thread is targeted at a very specific insider, one that some people really seem to have a hate boner for.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
We really need to stop having threads about this elusive Silent Hill game til there is one bit of evidence that it actually exists.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do these insiders profit off of these rumours? Like do they have a website or YT channel or something. I havent been following this too closely, outside of knowing people are saying its real

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
We really need to stop having threads about this elusive Silent Hill game til there is one bit of evidence that it actually exists.

The speculation thread got locked in favour of a Silent Hill OT. This has literally already happened.

I would pay for an ignore all Jim Sterling or Jimquisition threads xD

So... just ignore the ones that appear as and when. The option is there, easily available, and free.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
The speculation thread got locked in favour of a Silent Hill OT. This has literally already happened.

So... just ignore the ones that appear as and when. The option is there, easily available, and free.
I do! but I have to do it all the time 😂. I'm just kidding anyway, it is not so bothering.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I believe Dusk and the others, I'm not mad because he said something bad about ps5

The timeline might be off but who cares, Sony didn't even know they still made ps4 games until yesterday and God of War is going to be delayed, is what it is.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Replace "block" with "ban" and you're golden.

In my restless dreams I see those rumors..

DyCy

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you got your hopes up for yesterday's presentation and then got let down that the game didn't show up doesn't mean that the game doesn't exist.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Posting in a legendary thread for when SH is eventually announced in October. Right?

...right?

... :(

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
When they showed the last clip during the PS5 stream, which turned out to be God of War, I was sure this was Silent Hill. Dark, mysterious atmosphere, snow... Man was I disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.