• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
To be honest I'm more interesting in SH2 and SH3 for PC, but I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
latest

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Never finished The Room. My PS2 disc is scratched and it would always freeze at one particular spot near the end. Really dug the game so it was a major disappointment lol

Garmonbozia

Oct 27, 2017
Why would Konami only release 4? I think that the port quality for 2 and 3 is pretty much the same as for 4.

and even then the fan patches help a lot

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Again, expect the absolute minimum for the port, but this is still great for preservation's sake. Hope Konami ports anything that's in physical media limbo.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I have all the PS2 versions, but you know, to hell with it, I'd buy some GOG versions of those. Yeah, I'd do that.

Yeah.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
While the lack of the first one is understandable, where's 2 or 3? They have PC ports(and are HD ready).

Oct 25, 2017
Were the MGS releases reasonable? As in, did they work properly on modern machines? It's the only case in which I would be willing to buy these :\

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Again, expect the absolute minimum for the port, but this is still great for preservation's sake. Hope Konami ports anything that's in physical media limbo.

I'm ok with that this time round because there's been so much mod efforts for SH2 and SH3 that an official remaster might not compare.
It is a shame the ZOE2 guys aren't doing it though. Guess Konami went for the cheaper option.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I'm fine with the bare minimum for these ports. The mod community has already done the hard work.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
If they just slapped 2, 3, and 4 onto GOG for 10 bucks a piece I would be pretty satisfied. These games deserve to be played by way more people and it beats digging out a PS2/Xbox or paying a hefty price on Ebay.

Would be a much better alternative to the HD collection as well.

The Dark Soul

Jan 2, 2020
México
How are the new ports of MGS? Are they good? Maybe we should expect similar quality?

I've read online that Konami lost the source code for SH 2 and 3 and that's the reason the HD Collection was such a mess and probably the reason we might not get new ports of those games, but I don't know how any of this works, so if someone smarter could explain more please LOL

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm ok with that this time round because there's been so much mod efforts for SH2 and SH3 that an official remaster might not compare.
It is a shame the ZOE2 guys aren't doing it though. Guess Konami went for the cheaper option.

If it's anything like the recent GOG releases, it's probably more on the GOG side

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
lol imagine if they only released that one 😑

This must mean 2 and 3 (and possibly 1) are on the way to GOG though... right?

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did 2 and 3 have issues re: licensing and that's the reason for the re-record (and why 3 didn't even let you choose the original)?

Maybe that's why?

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Dead by Daylight, new official SH Twitter account, Team Gravity rumors, and now this. Hmm....

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Did 2 and 3 have issues re: licensing and that's the reason for the re-record (and why 3 didn't even let you choose the original)?

Maybe that's why?

There was a dispute with one of the VAs for 2 that has often been cited for one of the reasons Konami wanted to re-record dialogue and putting in the original SH2 VA track was a late in development decision. Afaik, there has never been a clear or concise reason given for why there was no option for 3.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Were the MGS releases reasonable? As in, did they work properly on modern machines? It's the only case in which I would be willing to buy these :\

MGS is functional but some of the controls are a little fiddly (certain controllers don't like to use the triggers, and I couldn't use both DPAD and analog). Psycho Mantis, I'd do the statue method rather than bothering with the game's initial suggestion to use the keyboard.

MGS2 requires the fan patch but it is perfect otherwise (and scales a lot better, and is very easy to install).

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
If they release Silent Hill 3, then I can finally throw my copy of the PC version in the trash.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Being able to use the Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition without paying an arm and a leg for it? Yes, please!

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
How are the new ports of MGS? Are they good? Maybe we should expect similar quality?

From most accounts, not really from what I understand. There were issues.

They're actually not bad all things considered. They're not "modern" remasters by any means but they have a surprising amount of improvements and compatibility fixes done to them.

From my smoke test after applying the widescreen fix, MGS seemed to play just fine.