• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Didn't see this announced but they have an insider program

Do you share our passion for flight? Are you interested in working directly with us to deliver the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator? The Insider Program is for you! Join your fellow aviation enthusiasts to get exclusive behind-the-scenes updates from developers and partners, gain access to preview builds, and advanced content updates before the general public. Best of all, you'll become part of the Microsoft Flight Simulator team responsible for providing feedback and recommendations critical to helping deliver the very best experience! You, matter.

FAQ Link

raptrious

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Interesting but I have spent way to much money on prepar3d (Lockheed Martins flightsim) they bought the fsx engine and made their own version I must have spent a small fortune on addons.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still can't get over the fact that they're premiered a new Microsoft Flight Simulator at the Xbox conference. Microsoft might actually be giving PC a fair shake this time round.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Signed up, thanks for the heads up! This game looks gorgeous and it's great it'll be on Xbox One, too, though one has to wonder how feasible it will be with a controller (never played a Flight Simulator before).

RTX ON

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
I must be doing something wrong, I signed up, tried to confirm my email but it takes me to a generic xbox game studios sign in..........but i cant sign in

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already signed up!

I mostly fly in P3D nowadays, but yeah I'm super excited at the prospect of a proper MSFS11.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the best part about that Microsoft conference for me was seeing the trailer for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Agreed, me too 1000%. I literally srpung out of my chair and whooped when I saw the trailer at the conference. What a very welcome surprise, now we just need to see more details to know if its a true full world sim or just another Flight piece of crap...

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I must be doing something wrong, I signed up, tried to confirm my email but it takes me to a generic xbox game studios sign in..........but i cant sign in
Same. I think you need to sign up through some kind of Xbox Insider app. Not sure if it's available for Windows.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Agreed, me too 1000%. I literally srpung out of my chair and whooped when I saw the trailer at the conference. What a very welcome surprise, now we just need to see more details to know if its a true full world sim or just another Flight piece of crap...
I'm hoping this new game can act as a great introduction for anyone wanting to take a peak into Microsoft Flight Sims but also has enough depth to bring the current crowds over from X-Plane and so on.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah! Any reactions/impressions from hardcore Flight Simulator fans?

I just went and took a look at r/flightsim and it's a mix of cautiously optimistic and pessimism. Most of them still have the impression of MS from pre Phil and have obviously been let down by MS in the past.

The main thing I took from it was that it absolutely must have a good modding system or they will not use it.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I just went and took a look at r/flightsim and it's a mix of cautiously optimistic and pessimism. Most of them still have the impression of MS from pre Phil and have obviously been let down by MS in the past.

The main thing I took from it was that it absolutely must have a good modding system or they will not use it.

I think the scepticism is understandable given that the last flight sim MS released was a massive disappointment and abandoned after a short space of time. The last true release of Flight Simulator from Microsoft was 13 years ago.

For mass appeal they need to have gamey content and simplification/assist options, but they need the pure hardcore modes with accurate flight models and aircraft systems too. Given the quality of some of the add-ons for FSX, I think there will be quite high expectations on that front. Unofficial add-ons have to be supported by the PC version too as they're the main reason why Flight Sim X is still being played. If they lock it down to official content only, or make it hard to mod, I think it'll be DoA with the hardcore sim community.

I think it's going to be quite hard for MS to pitch the gameplay and content right, especially with it releasing on the Xbox, so I'm tempering my excitement until more is known.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I think Microsoft is far more attuned nowadays to what their customers want. I have high hopes for this.

Bad Advice

Jan 8, 2019
Interesting but I have spent way to much money on prepar3d (Lockheed Martins flightsim) they bought the fsx engine and made their own version I must have spent a small fortune on addons.

I was about to throw a couple of dollar at FSX because I was so tired of how old and basic it looks. This looks awesome but I thankfully MS announced a new FS!

raptrious

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
I was about to throw a couple of dollar at FSX because I was so tired of how old and basic it looks. This looks awesome but I thankfully MS announced a new FS!

Please not the prepar3d has a very expsenive license and the plane you see in the video is not part of it it's a separate study level sim 737 package

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Awww yiss. I love flying. Only reason I really play GTA V is to just mess around in the planes and helicopters. Super surprised this was a thing, and it looks so freaking beautiful. Can't wait!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was shocked with this game, looked next gen as fuck

Oct 25, 2017
Just signed up for this, pretty excited for this.

Haven't really tried any flight sims since the old Amiga 500 days so this shit is gonna blow my goddamn mind.