• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
As long as they don't block IPs. You should be able to switch the region on the Xbox to the US via settings and play it using your EU account. I've used that workaround to play demos not available in the US (that won't boot unless you're in that other region). (If you're waiting for the W10 version, then I don't know =P)

I don't have a Xbox so will have to wait for the PC Version.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's still kind of surreal to me still that this is actually happening.

I played PSO on OG Xbox, I played PSU on Xbox 360, and now I get to play PSO2 on Xbox One.

I just hope that PSO3 (whenever that ends up happening) releases in the west much more quickly than PSO2 did, lol.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Might want to add to the OP signing up also seems to sign you up for the eventual PC tests too
Where does it state that? As far as I can tell, it states that the closed beta is for Xbox One currently.

Just want to make sure if I should sign up now for the PC slot or sign up later and give someone who may have an Xbox one a better chance of getting a slot now

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
It's still kind of surreal to me still that this is actually happening.

I played PSO on OG Xbox, I played PSU on Xbox 360, and now I get to play PSO2 on Xbox One.

I just hope that PSO3 (whenever that ends up happening) releases in the west much more quickly than PSO2 did, lol.
I think they said they wanted PSO2 to last 10 years

So PSO3 for 2022?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Finally thank you xbox.

DGEoPl3.gif

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to sign up in the UK by changing my Xbox region. Hopefully there is no IP block on the servers.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
can you change your console region to play this ?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I got so excited I clicked on the link totally forgetting this was xbox exclusive (and ignored the clearly labelled title in this thread)

: (

My PC suck too bad to run this lol

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Signed up!

OMG I never thought I would play this first on my Xbox and not y PS4

I am so excited. Been waiting for a console PSO since universe and despite its flaws I loved universe

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
I got so excited I clicked on the link totally forgetting this was xbox exclusive (and ignored the clearly labelled title in this thread)

: (

My PC suck too bad to run this lol
You know this for sure, because I'm pretty sure the original game was launched to be compatible with computers that were already discontinued at the time of release

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Even though I've played the Japanese version translated off and on for the past few years....

I've waited so fucking long for this and I can't believe it's actually happening

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if this is a dumb question, but is PSO2 cross save between XB1/PC? Totally fine playing first on my Xbox, but don't want to lose progress when I inevitably move to PC.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
There's a PSO2 anime? Tell me more.
There's 2, the recent one Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle covers the first 3 episodes/chapters of the PSO2 story (PSO2 JP is currently in Episode 6 in the story.) The other anime was Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation which takes place during episode 4, it was anime PSO2.. more so than it already is.
I don't know if this is a dumb question, but is PSO2 cross save between XB1/PC? Totally fine playing first on my Xbox, but don't want to lose progress when I inevitably move to PC.
Yeah, like FFXI and FFXIV are. You connect to SEGA's servers from any device.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
I met one of my very dear Internet friends that I still talk to daily from PSO on Dreamcast. I've been wanting some proper PSO love here in the states for a loooooong time now.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a f2p online game on Xbox before, do they require a Gold membership to play?

I didn't see anything about it on either the xbox or pso website, so I am assuming not, but I don't wanna give my friends bad info.