• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
The only thing I'm curious about is the HZD on PC rumor that also popped up in that MLB thread. It got shut down the first time around.

Because it's nonsense and isn't true. Don't believe rumors. Don't you think people would have "rumored" things like MLB? Because you can't say anyone saw this coming. What happened to this insider magic for this?

No one knows anything except someone like Jason. The thread closed because it was unreliable of nothing.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Because it's nonsense and isn't true. Don't believe rumors. Don't you think people would have "rumored" things like MLB? Because you can't say anyone saw this coming. What happened to this insider magic for this?

No one knows anything except someone like Jason. The thread closed because it was unreliable of nothing.

That's true although the person talking about it in the MLB thread does seem pretty sure about it. Anyway, it is fascinating when certain info gets out and why other things don't.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
If it's a Sony WWS game then it's a safe bet that it will remain a lifetime exclusive.

GAAS games like MLB The Show may go multiplatform from time to time, especially if it's based on a licenced franchise that Sony doesn't own. With that said I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Gran Turismo go multiplatform at some point down the track too.
Gran Turismo on a non-PS platform would be so alien.

That's like Zelda showing up elsewhere.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
That's true although the person talking about it in the MLB thread does seem pretty sure about it. Anyway, it is fascinating when certain info gets out and why other things don't.

Because he made it up. Lol As far as I know, Horizon isn't coming to PC. PS Now, however. Probably as GoW will be leaving PS Now in February.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think the only negative here is that San Deigo Studios is going to be exhausted by doing so many ports now

do they even have that many people in their studio to begin with?

maybe some other people will help port it too

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Own, but have no control over. Useless.
Whatever agreement they've signed with Sony likely spans multiple games.

Whenever renewal time comes up, we might see some changes, a la MLB.
So why would Sony bother spending +100 million on Spider-Man if Disney wants it to be multiplat?
They wouldn't.

Sony would probably walk away. Disney would have to go elsewhere and hope some other publisher can pump out a AAA caliber SM game.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So why would Sony bother spending +100 million on Spider-Man if Disney wants it to be multiplat?

Because it's a permanent exclusive. I know things here and there... Spider-Man is never going anywhere but PlayStation. It's not a situation like MLB, at all. I'll leave it at that because people from Sony browse here and i'm not getting in trouble. Lol

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
All this over a baseball game? does anyone even care about this outside of US

what would you do if God of War or Spiderman becomes multiplatform lol

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I think the only negative here is that San Deigo Studios is going to be exhausted by doing so many ports now

do they even have that many people in their studio to begin with?

maybe some other people will help port it too

San Diego will officially become a 2nd Party studio, exactly as Mojang.

Not buy PS platforms anymore?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Indeed.

That'll basically span the whole PS5 gen.

Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man 2 are exclusives to PlayStation ecosystem permanently. If Marvel decides to make new SM games outside of Sony, which makes no sense after the success. The older games will still remain exclusives.

If you are expecting Sony Spider-Man to appear anywhere else, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

The discussion from today's news is about the implications it can potentially have on other WWS software.

Including GoW and SM.
Marvel's Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man 2 are exclusives to PlayStation ecosystem permanently. If Marvel decides to make new SM games outside of Sony, which makes no sense after the success. The older games will remain exclusives.
For real? I appreciate the clarification.

Wish other insiders would also just come out say what they know and be done with the "intrigue" angle.

Alchemist

Oct 25, 2017
I don't post in these threads too often so not sure who's trolling, but the general consensus in the MLB thread is that Horizon is going to be announced for PC tomorrow or at TGA.

People can say Sony is going to make lots of money but long term this will hurt the PlayStation brand if decisions like the one above come to fruition.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018

Things are definitely changing. The transition is going to be tough for some. Everyone just needs to stay sane

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jim Ryan: Launching our games day and date on PS Now? Our first-party games are too special and valuable for that.

Also Jim Ryan: Death Stranding and Detroit Become Human on PC? MLB The Show on PC, Xbox and Switch? Let's do this fam.
😂

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I don't post in these threads too often so not sure who's trolling, but the general consensus in the MLB thread is that Horizon is going to be announced for PC tomorrow or at TGA.

People can say Sony is going to make lots of money, but long term this will hurt the PlayStation brand if decisions like the one above to fruition.

I don't think it may hurt the brand in general, but Sony's sense of making a console. Exclusive content has been the highlight of any company in recent years (Take Netflix x Disney+ fight as a example). Sony launching its games on other platforms will greatly decrease the value of having a console from them.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Cross posting my thoughts from the MLB news thread:

Had some time to think about it and here's how I see it going. MLB will launch day 1 on PS Now each year once this whole thing takes effect as it's one of the first party games Sony can put on there to bolster its offerings. At the same time it'll launch on a bunch of other platforms so they can still make bank off of sales.

It's a win-win scenario for them as they get to get their cake and eat it too. Their sub service gets a game that's desirable to millions and they still get full price purchases from the other platforms.

I think it's a little brilliant, actually. I can forsee any Sony titles that go multi-plat launching day 1 on PS Now so they can get the best of both worlds.

Jan 4, 2018
Dreams on PC is pretty much a lock at this point in my opinion. And although I don't totally buy some of the other rumors, I don't think they are that outlandish. I mean after all GoW, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, etc are all technically available on PC right now with PSNow. So whether Sony wants to or not it's really just a matter of time, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them start exploring PC (and other consoles but definitely less so) more aggressively. Especially with 1+ year old PS4 games.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Jim Ryan: Launching our games day and date on PS Now? Our first-party games are too special and valuable for that.

Also Jim Ryan: Death Stranding and Detroit Become Human on PC? MLB The Show on PC, Xbox and Switch? Let's do this fam.
😂
I mean, no offense to Death Stranding, Detroit, and MLB, but those games are about a tier or two below God of War, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Days Gone, Horizon, Spider-Man, and the upcoming two big hitters.

Do I mind if games go to PC? No, I'd be fine with that. Shit I'd be fine with Xbox versions. But I still am waiting for one of the true big hitters to come to PC.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I mean, no offense to Death Stranding, Detroit, and MLB, but those games are about a tier or two below God of War, Uncharted, Bloodborne, Days Gone, Horizon, Spider-Man, and the upcoming two big hitters.

Do I mind if games go to PC? No, I'd be fine with that. Shit I'd be fine with Xbox versions. But I still am waiting for one of the true big hitters to come to PC.
According to rumours, you might see this happen in February.

With HZD.

Which makes no sense given that it's not GaaS or even a MP game.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

😂

This is what we call a false equivalency.

Death Stranding was announced as coming to PC before Death Stranding was even a thing.

MLB The Show on every platform in the world makes sense considering its GaaS.

So the only examples are really Journey, Helldivers and the David Cage stuff. Oh, and Dreams, but that makes sense because Media Molecule wants to push it as a game design platform.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
As pointed out before, there's also something "unique" to MLB compared to other SIE games

1575945967-capture-d-pzksf.png
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm expecting the worst monetization ever in the next MLB the show.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
According to rumours, you might see this happen in February.

With HZD.

Which makes no sense given that it's not GaaS or even a MP game.
While i wont be surprised at anything anymore, if horizon on PC is happening, then why doesnt sony themselves publish death stranding and rather let 505 take all the publishing profits?

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
While i wont be surprised at anything anymore, if horizon on PC is happening, then why doesnt sony themselves publish it and rather let 505 take all the publishing profits?
Yea, that Death Stranding situation was just utterly bizzare.

I imagine it's because Sony didn't see the need to publish on PC back when they signed the deal in 2015 (2016?).

Clearly the industry has changed dramatically since then, what with both MS and Sony putting their 1P on PC. They'd probably publish DS PC themselves if that deal was inked today.
The rumor of Horizon going VR is more believable.
I'd get PSVR2 just for that if it were true.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Yea, that Death Stranding situation was just utterly bizzare.

I imagine it's because Sony didn't see the need to publish on PC back when they signed the deal in 2015.

Clearly the industry has changed dramatically since then, what with both MS and Sony putting their 1P on PC. they'd probably publish DS if that deal was inked today.
Kojima didnt sign the publishing deal with 505 back in 2015

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
While i wont be surprised at anything anymore, if horizon on PC is happening, then why doesnt sony themselves publish death stranding and rather let 505 take all the publishing profits?
505 probably paid a good amount to have the PC publishing rights (and there was maybe a bidding war for this among different publisher)

Status
Not open for further replies.